The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Auto Pistols

LordOfScrugging

Question

8 answers to this question

Regular grade Vipers, IE: Not Wraiths, aren't really worth keeping around IMO. I've used them and have to say, I'd rather 10 forma a single Lato than use them again.

Their ammo economy is dreadful. To be kind of blunt, the only good dual autofile pistols are the Dex Furis and those aren't available anymore. Barring that, the Akzani are kind of a Dex Furis-1 but still can be effective at mid range.

This may not be what you want, but I'm going to have to suggest a pair of Akboltos to you instead. These aren't an automatic, however, you can easily bind a second primary fire key to your mouse scrollwheel and just constantly scroll down to auto fire. Akboltos are honestly kind of broken if you ask me, as far as secondaries go. Feel a bit too powerful, as long as you can acclimate to scrolling a wheel to simulate auto fire.

... I just smash the left mouse button. Feels better to get the rage out. -3-

Akstiletto's are good fun... I've taken a liking to the AkZani,  have better puncture damage higher clip size & Max Rounds is higher... Both are fun..

*Dex Furis

...they all eat ammo like crazy even with mutation ammo mod...cant solo with these alone thru higher lvl's... plan on switching pri/sec often looting boxes for spare pistol ammo...

rat′-a-tat`-tat′.................>  duel_guns-2427.gif

*for honorable mention:  Dex Furis, if you where lucky to get this [Awarded to every Tenno who logged in between Update 12.6 release and April 2nd 2014]

Edited by Bladereap3r

I like my Dex Furis, but unfortunately they are no longer available. 

Akstilletto - is decent, but will require a few forma for it to be useful.

Twin vipers - rate of fire is too high fr such a small magazine.

I have yet to try the Akzani or the Twin Gremlins, but they don't look too impressive wither.