Tired Of De Not Actually Doing Something About Ds Pvp...

That mode needs real servers....YESTERDAY. Yes, it doesn't need it now...it needed it when it LAUNCHED.

Right now 75% of the matches I start will end because of "Server Connection to Host lost" or the lag is so unbearable that I can't even draw my weapon.

I mean it's pretty clear that in this game about 50% of the playerbase is unfit for hosting(This is not meant as an insult...but play a day of pugs...I dare you.)....adding a "mission" with 8 instead of 4 players in it isn't making it any better.

This has been ignored ever since even before DS PvP launched. People voiced the concerns even BEFORE this mode launched that self-hosted group PvP  in THIS game is going to be a BIG pain in the butt.

I see how DE is improving on the balancing and bug end...I really do (even though it's still far from what you would expect from people who had their hands on Unreal Tournament). And the few times you actually have a good host and the match doesn't end in the middle because people just ragequit or the host left or the connection was simply not stable (or WHATEVER) it's actually somewhat fun now.

But right now DS PvP is a punishment...and not a game.

DE, please take an official stance on this and do it fast. I'm not even a huge TPS/FPS PvP fan, but with regional DS PvP servers that give everyone a similar ping/stable connection...this could actually be good.

So please DE...do something.

Edited by Shehriazad

Trust me, I do completely agree with you on dedicated servers for PvP (which I think DE said they were considering. However, I'm not exactly sure how much your topic reflects the intent.

Edit for clarity?

Edited by MageMeat

inb4 lock.

Seriously, calm down. We have a bunch of gameplay reveals coming tomorrow night @TennoLive. 

PvP could have significant improvements for all we know.

Patience is a virtue, Tenno.

I'll go ahead and doubt that "fixes" are part of the huge anouncement....

I didn't say they were a part of the huge announcement.

I said they could be included in TennoLive. Calm down.

Not sure why that calm down was added....I'm pretty sure this post didn't contain anything angry.... anyway... I don't really see DE talking about uncomfortable things during this stream. They will likely have prepared a bunch of shiny stuff to show off which will take up almost the entirety of the time...the rest being the "awesome" prices they hinted at.

And depending on how shiny the new stuff is...most of the audience questions will focus on that, as well :p

Edited by Shehriazad

So, no, TennoLive did not include the fixes for PvP (at least from what I saw).

However, you have to be blind and under a rock to not see the differences of the weapons now that ammo has been fixed. In conjunction to this, you are missing a very, very big thing here: the process of balancing something as large-scale as PvP is long.

Seriously, put yourself in DE's shoes for a minute. Here's what they have to do:

- Listen to people's ideas on the Dark Sectors

- Filter out things not conducive to the vision that DE has for Warframe.

- Put those ideas on paper and pitch it to the teams.

- Get the team's input.

- Begin drafting balance ideas.

- Finalize said balance ideas.

- Work on the code and aesthetics for it

- Test out nearly every angle, so as to head off any bugs

- Release it

- Listen to you people *@##$ and moan about the bugs

- Fix said bugs

And the cycle starts over again.

Now, you also need to understand that dedicated servers for us are expensive. Like, more expensive than any of you think it is. With a game that has to support seven million players, inactive or otherwise, you need to buy really good, really powerful servers to account for them. Now, think about how much money that would cost, especially considering the fact that DE needs to do the following:

1. Pay their employees

2. Buy new equipment

3. Keep their resources up in the office

4. Pay for events that promote Warframe

You don't understand this. In fact, I don't think anyone who hasn't studied or interned in game development understands any of this. You wouldn't know what it's like on the outside looking in. This is why I can be patient with DE; because it's a long, arduous process and I'm doing (and have done) game development. Yet, no one sees the actual things that they've done. No, I'm not saying that you need to kiss up to DE, but you should understand that the work they put in has had a noticeable effect.

But, OP, this post isn't entirely directed at you. This post is directed at everyone. And I will be posting quotes of it everywhere, because no one here knows. Hell, I doubt that any of us have the patience to do what DE does. Personally, you people would have made me quit game development considering how freely they abuse the freedom given to them.

Knowing DE vision of Warframe is the hardest part to make a suggestion.  Many overhaul suggestion that takes lots of thinking got strike down mainly because DE doesn't share that vision.

Suggestions are always welcome; however, people shouldn't get so pissy just because they think they're right. The majority of complainers on this forum think that they understand Warframe's vision better than the developers of the game.

I think we need to remember that dark sectors and conclaves were broken for an entire 2-4 weeks before any balance changes were made at all. I think it has been close to 2 (?) months now? They are STILL making balance changes. And it seems they are making changes *slowly*, and I think it is their method of taking in feedback (even though I think they mess this up BIG TIME sometimes), making small change, check bugs, check post-balance feedback, solidify/rectify accordingly.

inb4 lock.

Seriously, calm down. We have a bunch of gameplay reveals coming tomorrow night @TennoLive. 

PvP could have significant improvements for all we know.

Patience is a virtue, Tenno.

the live show came I watched it and nothing was said about PvP and most importantly nothing was said about end game at all