Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Trading System : Upgrade

Jax_Cavalera

I've seen a lot of interest in the trading system progress along more recently and it gave me a few ideas on ways to improve this based on another trade market system I have used in the past.

This would only work well for Platinum based trades of cause.  Trading Items for Items would still need to be handled in a manual system but for handling Platinum trades.. this system would work a lot better for everyone involved.

Below is a basic layout example I designed to show roughly what I am talking about.

Users would be able to sort results by clicking on the various headings : Click once to sort Ascending, Click again for Descending.

Users can Mark Items on their Wishlist... this could also be a category so when you go to sell items in the SELL UI (from bottom right button)  you can see how many players have an item you own on their wishlists.

The LISTINGS, MY POSTS etc. would show relevant content so you can track if any of your posted items are sold etc.. or go back to the Listings Section.

What is listed would of cause be relevant to if you are in BUY  or  SELL

The Filter would allow you to quickly type in either a Letter or full word and only results containing this will be displayed.

jjwymr.png

MECHANICS :

Trade Posts would have a base value that increases with every Mastery Rank you Achieve. (2 or so per rank i suppose)

1 Item uses 1 Trade Post and until that item is either Withdrawn  or  Sold.. that Trade Post will be in use.

Users can always expand the number of trade posts they have by purchasing additional Posts from the Market with Platinum.  (Perhaps 10 per Mastery as a cap)

All listed items will only show the lowest available price currently on offer.  This will ensure that a buyer always gets the best deal possible and will help to keep the marketplace competitive.

The Average price will be the Average Value that an Item has been Sold for and updates on a daily basis calculated from the last 30 days of transactions.

Long Term it would be nice to have a Right Click menu that allows the Wishlists and Trade History of an item type to be viewed.

The most obvious benefits are that this system would allow global trades to take place regardless of a players timezone so we are able to buy and sell from a larger pool of users.

The other clear benefit is that this system would mean you no longer have to go to a dojo to sell your items as they can be selling while you are sleeping or at work or in the middle of a mission.

This system will also help to reduce out of game platinum based transactions taking place since they buyer and seller are now anonymous and there would be no easy way to ensure that your item is the one that someone else would be buying.

Since regular trading would still work using the current system for item trades.. you can still gift things to friends for a mod or whatever but platinum gifting would not be possible.

Perhaps there could be a special GIFT PLATINUM  button added somewhere so that if you do want to gift platinum to another player, the QTY, frequency and other details can be tracked.. this would help combat black market trades whilst still giving players the freedom to give free platinum to each other without the need for trading a pointless mod back or that Trade Tax.

Well this is the idea I have so keen to hear what others think.

EDIT 1 )

The following are responses and updates based on received feedback :

I do agree that listing a best price and AVG price will keep things competitive.  This is a good thing for buyers.

HOWEVER to protect Sellers :

A)  Have a limiter in place so they can only sell the item for the current AVERAGE  +5 plat  or -5 plat  to stop people from artificially altering an average value buying and selling to themselves.

B)  Have LOCKED values for items and allow for a -50%  to  +50% listing variation based on the pre-determined LOCK value of that item.

e.g.  LOCK VALUE on a Flow Mod Unranked could be : 5 Plat   so a seller would be able to sell a Flow for anything between 3 Plat (rounding up)  up to 8 Platinum (rounding up)

I like the idea but if i were to put somthing in this trading systems and then change my mind and i want more plat for my maxed level 10 mod someone might have bought it , current trading systems makes it so you can change your mind and haggle on prices and sales.

The seller always has the ability to Withdraw the item from the Trade Post to re-post it at a different value provided it has not yet been sold.  The other option may be to have this interface as an additional feature so users can still trade the way they currently do .. AND they can also use the Trade Console.  I do think that eventually players will trend to relying only on the trade console simply because it provides a fast exchange without the delays of waiting for the other players to be online etc.  It would be nice to at least have the option though to still execute trades using a more manual haggle approach if you wanted to play the waiting game.

More updates will be added and the overall OP will be adjusted as we gather more feedback

Edited by Jax_Cavalera

I like this idea. As long as there isn't any bidding on items, I think a system like this might work.

Although, I think only Average price should be shown and not best price. Having just average shown would mean less-undercutting of prices I would think.

Also, resources should be able to be listed, but for credits ONLY.

I like this idea. As long as there isn't any bidding on items, I think a system like this might work.

Although, I think only Average price should be shown and not best price. Having just average shown would mean less-undercutting of prices I would think.

Also, resources should be able to be listed, but for credits ONLY.

If you are going to use this system, there will be bidding or ludicrous buyout prices.

I like your idea :D

This will make trading faster in order to find a buyer or a seller and since the trading chat section always get spammed a lot.

And giving platinum for free (as a gift) to other player is also a great idea. I always got stuck with the trading tax which made me unable to give them any plat, especially towards new players.

The problem of it becoming more like an Auction similar to E-Bay style could be problematic if mixed in with a fixed sale setup.

Perhaps there could be an Auctions Tab so that if you want to Auction an item off instead of selling for a fixed price you can.  You could specify a reserve if if that is met the item will go to the highest bidder after the 12, 24, 48 hour time frame has been reached.  Auctioned Items would take up one Trade Post Space per Item being Auctioned.

I do agree that listing a best price and AVG price will keep things competitive.  This is a good thing for buyers.

To protect Sellers :

A)  Have a limiter in place so they can only sell the item for the current AVERAGE  +5 plat  or -5 plat  to stop people from artificially altering an average value buying and selling to themselves.

B)  Have LOCKED values for items and allow for a -50%  to  +50% listing variation based on the pre-determined LOCK value of that item.

e.g.  LOCK VALUE on a Flow Mod Unranked could be : 5 Plat   so a seller would be able to sell a Flow for anything between 3 Plat (rounding up)  up to 8 Platinum (rounding up)

I like the idea but if i were to put somthing in this trading systems and then change my mind and i want more plat for my maxed level 10 mod someone might have bought it , current trading systems makes it so you can change your mind and haggle on prices and sales.

The seller always has the ability to Withdraw the item from the Trade Post to re-post it at a different value.  I get the point you are meaning though, this system removes that "Sunday Markets" feel from trading and turns it more into a regimented store front were here is no more haggling or adjusting of values after the agreement has been made.

For those that love the art of haggling, they would still be able to haggle Item for Item trading, just the platinum based system would be regimented more like an actual store for faster transactions and less hassle/time consumption.

Quick Update :

I've included some of the content from the posts up to this point in the OP and have also put in some new information that differs from the previously submitted posts thus far.

Thanks to everyone for your ideas and input so far.  I am keen to see the progression of feedback regarding this concept.

• 4 weeks later...

WARFRAME NEEDS THIS! ^_^ This would make me so happy I can't even begin to describe it. I'm never on when buyers are, and I need platinum to keep up my rate of getting weapons and frames. If this was already in use I would be at MR 13, not almost MR 11!

Like with any normal Auction System there would need to be a sort from High-Low or Low-High, and based on Rank and Rarity.
It ISN'T AN AUCTION if there is no bidding! If you like to haggle, go to the Trade Channel, if you don't like price changes - sort by Buy Now price.

Every Auction House needs bidding and a Buy Now, along with good sorting and a Search. That's just common sense. :)

The only way to combat in/deflation of prices is to have game-locked sets liked mentioned in the OP.

Here's a picture example of a good one that I use a lot:
http://media-cache-ec0.pinimg.com/736x/38/10/f7/3810f71914317c18df1606854048effa.jpg

Edited by OneofakindKnight

I like it better that you are to advertise your stuff like now rather than having a market place to post up your stuff.

By having a MP(market place), this well give Botters and even better chance to sell and it'll tank the market.  Not to mention it'll invite hacker/botter's you can make some pocket change in this game.  What 100p only 1 dollar sure I'll rather support the hacker since its cheaper to get 100p vs buying from DE. It may be good for some players who just want to spend 1p for everything.  It'll be bad for real players who acually went out and take their time to farm.

All I'm saying is if you don't have time to advertise your stuff, then you shouldn't be selling your stuff.

First day, something may worth 300plat.  Next morning you wake up and its 1plat.  Yes its good and cheap.  But DE makes it money from players which hence F2P.  No money/support from the players, no money going to DE.  No updates.  Nobody works for free.

But hey never know DE may come up with a MP.  DE may even put a Tax, wheater you sell your item or not.  You want plat we'll tax you on plat. Credits, on Credits.

Just a suggestion I had earlier, but we should be allowed to trade in credits too. The in-game store should have stuff to back the value of credits such as purchasable R5Fusion Cores for like 200k each.

It makes sense that we should be able to get in-game items with in-game cash