Totalbiscuit Quit Warframe Over The U14 Ui.

So I'm watching TotalBiscuit's DOTA2/hearthstone stream right now and someone in the chat asked him if he's revisited Warframe. He said he did, but when he saw the new UI he was so confused he quit.
He said it was snazzy but too complicated.

Make of that what you will.

Million dollar question: How long did he stay to try to figure it out?

Why couldn't he have just asked people? It's not like the UI was turned 180 degrees or flipped upside-down.

Also, general discussion.

P.P.S. I've seen his reviews, and he seems to have a lot more patience. Why would he just up and leave because he couldn't take more than five seconds to learn the mechanics or even try to ask or look on the forums/wiki?

I say he should try to give it a second shot and at least TRY to adjust instead of quitting because he couldn't be assed to play with the ship UI.

Edited by IAmTheWar

Yes, it is Totalbiscuit/TotalHalibut's opinion, and he is a highly regarded reviewer of games across all genres.

But I don't care. Nor do most other people, I would assume. IAmTheWar's post is what my question is.

I introduced a friend to WF just before U14. His conclusion? Too complicated. He came back and tried it again after U14 and loved everything from the intro to the UI. 

The changes are for the better. That doesn't mean everything is perfect yet but rest assured, they are working on it.

I'm sorry, but if you think the new UI is complicated you are either kinda dumb or didn't even try to learn it. So I guess Totalbiscuit is either kinda dumb or didn't try to learn it.

Watch him play dota you'll know.

Well, goodbye to whoever wants to leave Warframe.

You made your decision.

And I'm gonna respect that (for whatever reason).

It's true that the UI was complicated for me too, until I get the hang of it.

Just try to learn how to get used to it and you'll be fine for the long run.

I value his opinions quite a lot when it comes to video games. And although I have over 600 hrs in WF, I can understand why he would feel this way about the new UI. He's a very busy guy and doesn't have time like most WF players to sort it out.

If it was an intuitive UI he/ we shouldn't have to figure it out!

Frankly, this is a wake up call that DE should take note of since they have been ignoring many other community critiques of the new UI. It's a cool UI, but it favors console users too heavily. And it needs a lot of streamlining.

Worst part in my opinion... We STILL don't have a proper veiw of our weapons when customizing color schemes. Try and color your Brakk for example... It's impossible.

I assume he also quit because he gets motion sickness, which the new UI can cause.

And because it's less efficient than the last UI

(#Stillbitter, #stillwanttheoldui)

You would get motion sickness in game if you get it on the ship, and the new UI is just as good if not better than the old one.

The two things I don't like about the UI:

It takes me more clicks / button presses to get to menus because everything's been compartmentalized and now selectable through either another menu or walking around the ship as opposed to pre-u14 where there was just a button that went straight to the menu I wanted.

The UI elements are large and fixed since it was made for consoles in mind. It also has moments where my frame is blocking parts of the UI because of how everything is angled depending on what menu I'm in.

I introduced a friend to WF just before U14. His conclusion? Too complicated. He came back and tried it again after U14 and loved everything from the intro to the UI. 

The changes are for the better. That doesn't mean everything is perfect yet but rest assured, they are working on it.

Yea I know a few people who felt exactly the same. New user experience is much improved. Overall I love the UI.

The UI elements are large and fixed since it was made for consoles in mind. It also has moments where my frame is blocking parts of the UI because of how everything is angled depending on what menu I'm in.

The devs shot this down in a stream.

And you did say it was Totalbiscuit. 'Nuff said. Not really a fan of his. Beside you know what they say about opinions. They are like rear ends. Everybody has one and everybody thinks everyone else's, stinks. 

Edited by RawGritz

The devs shot this down in a stream.

Yup. indeed. 

If it scales to 1600p resolution without undue obstruction then it was not designed for consoles that barely achieve 1080p in most games. Period.

Edited by RawGritz

Just try to learn how to get used to it and you'll be fine for the long run.

Okay. How do I counter the simulation sickness. I just did the mods for Mirage, and I quit out the game and feeling ill after that.

Rakshal - Please don't talk nonsense. The only thing which can cause simulation sickness in the game is hud movement relative to the screen, and that's both far lesser of an issue than the menus/ship, and you can *switch it off*.

Edited by DawnFalcon

Okay. How do I counter the simulation sickness. I just did the mods for Mirage, and I quit out the game and feeling ill after that.

Rakshal - Please don't talk nonsense. The only thing which can cause simulation sickness in the game is hud movement relative to the screen, and that's both far lesser of an issue than the menus/ship, and you can *switch it off*.

And the solution for this problem (not everyone's), which is motion sickness, they should implement an option to disable the motion of the HUD. My friends got motion sickness too so I guess this is a 'must have' option in the game.