Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Pve And Nerfs Some Rant

FuzzyRamen

So in the world of mmo and f2p games game developers "buff" pve based skills, weapons, everything...and compensates with new enemies along with buffs to older generic enemies. We on the other hand get personal items nerfed and enemies buffed and on top of that new enemy arch types. We are not in any type of PvP esports (if there was nerf may be needed) or anybody taking conclave to the next level and get to that "progamer" standard (there is no dedicated servers so lag is your friend). Update 8 - Update 9 this game "was" the best. New weapons, modes like the original Survival (defense map, spawns storms of enemies, and only 5 life supports), new boss now called Lephantis from G2000 or something. Then the popularity of Warframe was corrupted by whiners, the so called community...the place where DE looks for "feedback" to help improve the PvE based game. Now bash this topic because thats what the community wants anyways. Right?

I preferred Survival on the Defence Maps.  Was much more fun because you had so many more enemies to shoot.  With the change they made to survival there is a lot of running needed simply because the maps are so much bigger.

There are some tilesets where Survival is so hard not because the mobs are hard to kill but just because there are so few mobs in general.  They get stuck on various things such as stairs and such.

I get that its meant to be a challenge but I wanted survival to be something where I try and keep my Warframe alive by killing the stuff thats killing me.  Not some generic "timer" thats I've got to keep topped up.  The fact that a Nekros makes survival easier not by killing because of desecrate IMO is a flaw. Every enemy should always drop a Life Support Module and that it should be removed from the drop table on Desecrate.  Much like health orbs are much more common when using Desecrate.

So, you know how many games are in development for 2 or 3 years? Yeah, we're just getting to play while that's happening. Nerfs are gonna happen. Buffs are gonna happen. Things are gonna get removed and put back in. Some things are broken. You agreed to play a beta, this is what happens.

So, you know how many games are in development for 2 or 3 years? Yeah, we're just getting to play while that's happening. Nerfs are gonna happen. Buffs are gonna happen. Things are gonna get removed and put back in. Some things are broken. You agreed to play a beta, this is what happens.

By the way, do you see the word beta or announce they removed it? This game is released as soon as they redid the module system we have now. Hell this game is released as soon as they started the PS4 project.

Edited by fuzzyramen

By the way, do you see the word beta or announce they removed it? This game is released as soon as they redid the module system we have now. Hell this game is released as soon as they started the PS4 project.

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/28-open-beta-agreement-read-me/

Oh, that's still there. Huh. Oh and before you're like "well there's a cash shop so it's not beta", beta status has nothing to do with monetization. All it means is that the game isn't finished and needs testing.

E-sports or not, buffs and nerfs in online games are certain.

Besides (i'm parroting here, but what the hek), in the game agreement (which someone linked here), it definitely said that things will not be permanent, and they don't warrant tester for changes applied. I guess -most- people didn't read those agreements these days. For what I care, DE may nerf other weapons next. Maybe Soma, maybe the prime weapons, maybe clan techs, maybe my favorite weapon will be in the chopping block next. And that's in the manual. DE can do that, and by signing in to OBT, we gave them rights to do that. However, DE is (let be honest here) bad at nerf/balancing on their own. What we can do is give advice on DE on how things will be tweaked.

Sonds great, right?

Unfortunately, people who lurk into this forum are minority of the whole playerbase; some didn't actualy play the game again; and some express their opinions in the most bad way possible. Hek, most of people I know in the game specifically avoid the main forum because of sheer stupidity, ugliness, and toxic this forum can make. Not to add that the vocal voice here -usually-.resist changes. Even when some of the changes are for the better.

Take a look at Nova changes back then. Back when the 'balance' happened, some people just post here and whine. While others, go to the game while reading the patchnotes regarding Nova's new MP and try to tweak the settings. Sometimes later, a new

setup for Nova was born.

So, DE want to listen to tester's opinion, but the voice heard by them are (usually) people who don't like changes. And that is bad. Right now, DE still listen to us testers. But, I won't be surprised if one day DE will just say screw testers and made changes on their own. Without asking for our opinion.

IMO one thing we need to change is our current mindset about resisting nerfing.

Edited by Lorche

I don't mind DE nerfing weapons, personally I think the whole inventory probably needs some rebalancing. That being said, people have invested in some weapons with Forma and would be upset to see a debuff. Wait till that get around "balancing" the Soma (if ever) or a hot secondary like the Maerlock or Twin Grimlins. There are going to be serious tears. I propose that there should be some method to remove the Forma from weapons the user no longer intends on using. Maybe give the forma back at the cost of the weapons existance.

E-sports or not, buffs and nerfs in online games are certain.

Besides (i'm parroting here, but what the hek), in the game agreement (which someone linked here), it definitely said that things will not be permanent, and they don't warrant tester for changes applied. I guess -most- people didn't read those agreements these days. For what I care, DE may nerf other weapons next. Maybe Soma, maybe the prime weapons, maybe clan techs, maybe my favorite weapon will be in the chopping block next. And that's in the manual. DE can do that, and by signing in to OBT, we gave them rights to do that. However, DE is (let be honest here) bad at nerf/balancing on their own. What we can do is give advice on DE on how things will be tweaked.

Sonds great, right?

Unfortunately, people who lurk into this forum are minority of the whole playerbase; some didn't actualy play the game again; and some express their opinions in the most bad way possible. Hek, most of people I know in the game specifically avoid the main forum because of sheer stupidity, ugliness, and toxic this forum can make. Not to add that the vocal voice here -usually-.resist changes. Even when some of the changes are for the better.

Take a look at Nova changes back then. Back when the 'balance' happened, some people just post here and whine. While others, go to the game while reading the patchnotes regarding Nova's new MP and try to tweak the settings. Sometimes later, a new

setup for Nova was born.

So, DE want to listen to tester's opinion, but the voice heard by them are (usually) people who don't like changes. And that is bad. Right now, DE still listen to us testers. But, I won't be surprised if one day DE will just say screw testers and made changes on their own. Without asking for our opinion.

IMO one thing we need to change is our current mindset about resisting nerfing.

Back when the game was great, I don't even exist in the forum. Because there is nothing to care about. Now I am waiting for a dumb kubrow to die in the next 12 days or pay to win with more stasis slots.

Back when the game was great, I don't even exist in the forum. Because there is nothing to care about. Now I am waiting for a dumb kubrow to die in the next 12 days or pay to win with more stasis slots.

This game is still great, and it's only getting better.