Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[U15 Megathread] Archwing/syndicates/limbo (It's Here Edition)

Letter13

Please keep the discussion civil so the thread remains open.

Imo, this feels like a gimmick. We'll play it one or two times and then drop it. Unless if it's forced on us in the form of 'end game' content gates.

I honestly thought the huge reveal was the Corpus opening the Solar Bridge, finding the new fourth race, and then having the story progress in that direction. Instead we're getting some Gundam roleplaying experience that really isn't going to hold anyone's attention. I would have also preferred new player ships because the Liset is just claustrophobic. 

Edit: Would also like a feature to remove Ordis from the game or just silence him. <_<

I agree with what you said. Basically.

Although I (still) want it to be Alad V who opens the Bridge. With a line like "what could possibly go wrong" in there.

I agree with what you said. Basically.

Although I (still) want it to be Alad V who opens the Bridge. With a line like "what could possibly go wrong" in there.

What I wanted to see was the Corpus opening the bridge, realizing they screwed up, and closing it. Then Vor comes in with orders from the Queen, takes over, and opens it in order to welcome whatever is coming (since he's somewhat insane at the moment).

the fact that these are going to be very unfinished upon release (judging from Kubrows and other past "big" updates) just reinforces the feeling that we're helping DE learn how to make a game instead of paving the way for an engaging and long-lasting experience.

that's sometimes called a "Beta", and most free to play games remain in "Open Beta" forever

I'm optimistic but also skeptic, the Kubrow was a huge disappointment for me but this is actually something I might look for, haven't played the game in a while but with this I might start playing it again, what I really really wanted was some high level content that didn't consist of the same enemies with different numbers in front of their names. I hope they don't hide this new feature behind 9000 walls of RNG, if that turns out to be the case, i'm not even gonna bother with it. But, let's all hope for the best and be happy that at least we get something new every now and then.

Please keep the discussion civil so the thread remains open.

Imo, this feels like a gimmick. We'll play it one or two times and then drop it. Unless if it's forced on us in the form of 'end game' content gates.

I honestly thought the huge reveal was the Corpus opening the Solar Bridge, finding the new fourth race, and then having the story progress in that direction. Instead we're getting some Gundam roleplaying experience that really isn't going to hold anyone's attention. I would have also preferred new player ships because the Liset is just claustrophobic. 

Edit: Would also like a feature to remove Ordis from the game or just silence him. <_<

That would of been awesome. To have the story progress finally would of been so cool, but to no ones surprise, lore is taking a back seat to shiny, sparkle sparkle. We're kind of in a limbo when it comes to lore. 

My reaction to the stream as it progressed:

uuuh... awkward...okay... some cool things announced, but nothing mindblowing... more awkward... even more awkward...wait what, another minigame, that's the big reveal?....OH okay now we're talking... HOLY SHIP GIVE IT TO ME NOW!

Okay. That is weird.

We have plenty of stupid issues, a few still dating back to closed beta. The game is still only half finished. We still do not have a good stealth system. Gunplay is generaly just ramming the highest stats giving mods in the guns with the highest stat and fire away (combine with spamming abilities). Several Warframes need a serious update. Just a few of the things that should be fixed/balanced/reconsidered soon. But apperently adding brand new gameplay elements that must waste a ton of development time and resources is a great idea.

Please tell me this is a joke.

Or is this just some kind of distraction tactic, like a big budget version of distracting people with the laser pointer?

Some time ago, i thought about things that could be fun to add once the game reaches a finished state. The idea was to add a mini game to the mission where you fly against an enemy ship using a fighter instead of a Liset. Taking down enemies before you go into a hangar bay to enter the mission. But this and the time you announce it in development is just ridiculous.

It reminds me to final fight in Lost Planet. Sure it looks fun and works on it's own, but when you look at it from the rest of the game it comes out of nowhere and makes no sense.

Though i applaud you for making something that looks like it was copied straight out of a japanese action game. Hmm. Actualy that looks exactly like the power armor of the antagonist in Vanquish... makes me wish maglev wasn't so pointless and sliding had more benefit than stamina recovery..

If you guys are hype, good and fine, but for me it looks like the submarine from the Lego movie. The one where the heros could not decide how it should look like and it ended up breaking appart after looking weird.

Edited by Othergrunty