Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[U15 Megathread] Archwing/syndicates/limbo (It's Here Edition)

Letter13

looks amazing...but i hope its not "on rail shooter"

ya know, I'd have to agree completely. I remember SWG space combat and pvp was really fun to do. archwing- if it gives us complete flight control, open space, and serious battles, will be the most amazing thing i've encountered in years.

I imagine it would be on rails, right? Though it isn't impossible it is a totally open flight system, I can't tell from the trailer. Depends on the purpose of the ArchWing.

Since we'd be in space, and space is um, empty, atmosphere-less, filled with radiation from the Sun and cold... Can we expect our shields to always be halved, constantly run a radiation proc and always be running out of "life support" every minute or so? :)

-snip-

Well, that could be how it plays, but I suspect the the ArchWing supports the Warframe.

-snip-

Will the extraction scenario that causes us to use Archwing be RNG or caused by a specific mission type?

Will this become the new way to travel between our ship and our destination? I would love to be able to board ships this way. It could replace the boring old grate prime intro. Our Liset drops us into space, we fly to the ship, break past defenses, and board it after blowing a hole in it.  

Will there be specific game modes tailored to the archwing?

With the addition of piloting our warframes in space, this is somewhat opening the door to 'piloting our ships' even more.

You know that right?

Life support. It seems to me that if we are to pilot archwings in space, the life support capsules in survival make even less sense. 

Missions on the surfaces of planets that require infiltration to enemy territory via archwing, and even perhaps air to ground assault, would be so amazing.

Archwings: The way it was deployed onto excalibur looked very cool. Will each frame have their own animation for equipping their archwing?

Will we be able to build various types and styles of archwing or will everyone get 'one' archwing model for free as we did liset? 

Will there be archwing skins?

Will we be crafting weapons to use with archwing or will we use our basic weapons?

The melee weapon excal was using while piloting the archwing looked pretty neat. Will we be crafting these weapons or is it something that comes with the archwing.

Will there be some sort of PVP archwing combat? If so, i would like a 'to the death' style, but also a friendly type. Perhaps friendly sport type pvp competitions of sorts could be held by clans  / alliances using the schema aspect of editing a level. 

You guys are in over your heads and I am excited to see how above and beyond you go just to show us once again that you arent playing around when it comes to making warframe better and better.

I want to know too.

I Swear if its a railshooter sequence and not a big open space battle vs ships im gonna hurt someone

Even if it is on rails, it could still be fun, just depends on how it works in relation to the mission.

OK there is 2 ways (I can think of) for Archwings not to be a total failure when it comes.

1. Its free roaming (you are not stuck on a specific path), its not its own mission type its actually happen in every mission type.

2. It 's its own mission type, Its free roaming, it hard, it gives good rewards.

TBH until we get more info on this thing, it feels like a waste of Dev time.

If Archwing isn't better then a updated system like Stealth or Parkour 2.0, i will honestly just be dissapointed in it.

Though this is just a opinion of right now, the next dev stream could win me over and make me hype for this thing.

TBH the highlight of this Stream was: Kubrow constimization, New tileset, and Survival 2.0.

Edit: Guys they said survival is getting replaced. ;o How did you miss that!!!

In the first 30 minutes they said a new mission type is going to replace Survival.

Edited by Feallike

Hello dawgs! I want to board this hype train of yours.

*boards* 

Woah! Archwing - crazy new movement set revealed and we got swimming announced guys! Space fighting in a true ninja style and ANNOUNCED underwater Grineer set (labs) with swimming movement mode!

Archwin... swimming... Wyrmius...*mindblown* New katana stance, bladed tonfa, woah (insert hype here). 

*faints* 

I need coffee to replenish my energy after this hype :) 

I remember once asking a [DE] why nobody attacked the Tenno in space... I mean, we have these enormous structures that we make, dojos and solar rails and stuff. The bad guys have to know where at least SOME of this is, and we never saw any Tenno warships to keep enemies from plinking at us with long range artillery.

....I wonder how smugly they grinned as they shrugged and left me to speculate.  The answer was obviously SPACE NINJAS.

So before the Stream started i won sometin, i message warframe 3 times with my IGN but i dont know, doesnt seem anything changes, im scared ;w; HALP

Rewards are given after the stream ends.And since DE is at Germany right now it's gonna take a while till they respond...I guess. Congratulations on your win btw!