The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[U15 Megathread] Archwing/syndicates/limbo (It's Here Edition)

Letter13

Well considering nothing that has been introduced in a event has ever been restricted to that even in terms of game mechanics. 

It can also me explained away that the Archwing significantly boosts the Warframes life support and shield systems thus allowing it to survive in space for a lot longer than previously. 

Edited by BrotherIcarus

I don't care about the life support thing. Heck, our shields take damage in cold environments and space isn't exactly known to be hot, so that would pose another problem, but from a gameplay perspective, the thing just looked fun in the presentation. I'm more worried about the mod-side of things. I don't want that thing to come with another 8 mod slots, half of which are mega rare and only drop in some specific, boring, low-level area and half of them have ten ranks, which means you'll be farming fusion cores for an eternity and a half. I hope we can just use them and have fun with them and we're not gonna have to mod them. Or at least not too much.

Well too bad because it's exactly that's gonna happen. I mean Melee 2.0 and Kubrows were a clear indication that it's an acceptable gating mechanism

Edited by WhisperByte

We would probably just swell up if Warframe is in real life (or at least our blood will boil at low temperatures). 

The war frames are suits, so we can assume that they can withstand the harsh dangers of space and survive in it (similar to how we have our spacesuits able to withstand and survive in space).

This is the simple answer

Arch = the "arch" is an architectural construct hence the item itself. It's constructed with perfection upon the tenno land. 

Arc= Gene, Arc (bow and arrow) 

So there is two major differences in what defines them. 

Arch: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arch

Arc: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arc

Read the wiki and you might get the idea of why. Hope this helps. 

Think of the Archwing as a new tileset. What's going to happen is that you'll run a mission like usual and then you open a door all of a sudden the ship is obliterated leaving you in space and then ordis tells you no extraction, fly ARCH wing shoot enemies and then extract. It will probably be added to the end of every mission. OR MAYBE considering the time they took to work on this idea (over a year) there's going to be entire missions based on Archwing.

The Archwing introduction teaser presents just as many puzzles as it does promise to gameplay and Lore ...

Setting aside technical issues like en vacuo life support - which by the way the Warframe confers limited protection ala the Hive missions where the extraction point is exposed in space as is the location of one of the Hives - it is very likely that the winged Excalibur is battling the Sentients

Now if the Sentients could overcome Orokin standard technology, then the Archwing must be based upon the same principles as the Warframe exo-suit

However, the Archwing is deployed from the Liset seemingly under its own power in addition to which there are "engines" of some type

How do those engines work differently than "standard" Orokin motors?  If there is no difference, then why can't the Sentients just "shut 'er down" and leave the Tenno adrift in space

Additionally, despite the pressures of a media blitz, the possibility of "human oversight" - even for DE - exists ...

Remember the little unit conversion problem that NASA had with the 125M USD Mars Climate probe?

And what about the spherical aberration problem of the 2.5B - that's billion with a "B" - USD Hubble Telescope lens caused by a defective null corrector when the mirror was being grinded and polished?

Gracious!  While it is fair to give the benefit of the doubt it is also EQUALLY fair to raise questions ... which is EXACTLY what the Archwing does and probably was MEANT to do

Edited by ElHefe

Another thing is the part where we are in space with no visible source of life support. This makes 0% sense to me at all, unless these missions are gonna be timed to, say, 2 minutes or so or at least having us to return to our ship to refuel on life juice.

The trailer was just showing off the action part of the whole thing. Who wants you see you get air when you can get to see sht blow up?

Archangel. It's from Archangel. This is not a hard concept to grasp. There is literally a 0% chance that Archangel was not one of the, the main even, inspiration for the name.

Edit: The trailer even shows a 'flaming' sword. The mythology here is on full display.

Edited by DeiUmbrarum

Our shields protect against vacuum and cold. We can tell this from Tenno not losing health while our shields are going down when a window breaks that excessive cold (possibly cold and moisture) causes our shields to function less efficiently. The Tenno themselves are quite well protected from vacuum while in their Warframes, after all, their primary method of exit involved vacuum exposure for much longer than would be healthy for a human.

Given that I don't think it's a stretch to say that the Archwing gives us better shields and a source of life support.

warframes are resistant, not protected. you will die if you don't close the shutters. then there's the matter of no air, considering how fast running out of air in survivals can kill you.

don't try to make any of warframes mechanics logical, the game mostly ignores all known laws of biology, physics, ballistics, etc

it's  space magic. often think DE would have been better off making a magic punk style game (yes you can have guns and spaceships in Mpunk), at least that way they can outright say it's magic.

The war frames are suits, so we can assume that they can withstand the harsh dangers of space and survive in it (similar to how we have our spacesuits able to withstand and survive in space).

We still do not have our own life support though (or at least bring along some). Even our spacesuits have tanks of oxygen strapped to our backs to make the wearers breath in space. 

I mean, in the future, it would be normal to have some sort of self-contained life support system, right (except if it is our shields that provide the life support [i.e.: Turning our shields to breathable diatomic oxygen], then maybe)?

We still do not have our own life support though (or at least bring along some). Even our spacesuits have tanks of oxygen strapped to our backs to make the wearers breath in space. 

I mean, in the future, it would be normal to have some sort of self-contained life support system, right (except if it is our shields that provide the life support [i.e.: Turning our shields to breathable diatomic oxygen], then maybe)?

Most likely the Archwing would have a system in place to provide oxygen to the body.

Not sure if it's possible to do that without having to put a breathing mask over the face.

Edited by TheErebus

Most likely the Archwing would have a system in place to provide oxygen to the body.

Not sure if it's possible to do that without having to put a breathing mask over the face.

Apparently the Archwing connects to the Warframe's pelvis (or his/her behind), so I am not too sure how is going to start supplying oxygen (I am guessing this what we breath anyways) from there. 

The TV show called Mobile Suit Gundam began April 7, 1979

Kagaku Ninja Tai Gatchaman, aired in 1972, was and is most well known to the English-speaking world as the adaptation titled Battle of the Planets (1978)

Gatchaman is older.

Shhh... Don't confuse the issue with the true facts!

I agree. It looks very cool, I instantly went OH GUNDAM. In terms of implementation it's all speculation at this point but It'll either be

1) Some kind of rail shooter mission type or event that happens in certain levels (AKA cool the first 3 times you do it)

2) An actual 6 axis space combat mission type (AKA actually a cool and refreshing addition but also will get samey after a while).

Realistically, however, I'll probably log in, play it for a week or 2 and then get bored with the new mission type that it ends up being.

After that it's back to the same old

formaing weapons

grinding them up

grinding and crying to RNGesus for the new stance for my Dragon Nikana

grinding and crying to RNGesus for the new T7 keys to get my Mirage Prime e.t.c.

I think to actually excite me they'd have to announce updates making the base gameplay better like Stealth 2.0 and Parkour 2.0. Those base gameplay updates have the potential to add so much in making playing missions even with my buddies less of "Oh I need some Seraph Tears to make the new Illumia frame based on starlight, you up for some Archwing mission farming?"  And more of some "Hey you want to try and stealth all the way through a pluto sabotage with Boberon for FUN?"

Also some kind of endgame. People who have gotten to MRank 17 have literally done everything. Are they meant to just sit in conclave? What if they don't like PVP? I mean I'm a "measly" Rank 9, I've hardly experienced half of the weapons and frames in the game but already I'm locked in the cycle of play an update for a bit, find out it's just farming kubrow eggs or oxium pr whatever to get a new Frame, Sentinel or whatever and then it's the choice of going back to normal mastery grinding, formaing weapons to grind even higher tier content or not playing.