Was Anyone Else Hoping For Focus?

I agree, archwing will be awesome!

But my expectations were of the Focus System, HUBS, Proxy Wars, and other items. The DEVS promised that this year would see the introduction of Proxy Wars, Focus System, and some other stuff, but I understand their position somewhat, the content is being expanded, though I hope this isn't just a new mission type that doesn't keep the Veterans around just for a few more hours of gameplay. Focus would've been great, but Archwing I hope will be interesting.

This is what i wanted. I wanted to see the enlightenment of the Hubs... i feel almost as if this is cannon fodder. I really don't like the Archwing it doesn't really seem to fit with warframe's i really don't know why.

These wings are a cool new gameplay mechanic. But the focus system is more important imo (I guess it doesn't count as a "big reveal" since we already knew about that).

Adding this doesn't avoid them to bring Focus,Proxy wars,stealth,parkour & all the stuff they promised before. (hopefully)

Would you rather:
Do the same missions over and over again with the same stuff but gain more mastery

OR

Do a brand new gameplay mechanic while also possible earning some mastery along with it (if we are to believe we gain mastery from the jetpacks…)

Proxy Wars = Dark Sectors I thought, correct me if I am wrong

Proxy wars is when you join forces when a faction. I am hoping to join either the Oracles of Saturn, or Red Veil... we will see.

edit: to be honest I don't care about Focus. I WANT PROXY WARS!!!

It looks to me like the devs just discovered Deadspace.

You mean Lost planet right?

Edited by Arlayn

Would you rather:

Do the same missions over and over again with the same stuff but gain more mastery

OR

Do a brand new gameplay mechanic while also possible earning some mastery along with it for an hour or so because it'll get boring after a while since we don't have true endgame and each fancy mechanic is just a band-aid (if we are to believe we gain mastery from the jetpacks…)

FTFY

Edited by Angius

This is what i wanted. I wanted to see the enlightenment of the Hubs... i feel almost as if this is cannon fodder. I really don't like the Archwing it doesn't really seem to fit with warframe's i really don't know why.

Why not? They mentioned wings in the Mag Prime codex, and flying around out in space seems much more tenno than piloting a ship.

You mean Lost planet right?

Dead space: Slow and methodical "free roam" around a limited space environment 

Lost planet: I don't recall any space movement in that whatsoever

This is more like those classic space ship simulator games. Like Strike Suit zero but with the warframe style on it.

as a mastery rank 16 tenno i disagree i mean i love archwing but i mean come on thats gonna be cool for a week tops ad then bame i bored again and want new quest and that kind of stuff. FOCUS would be so cool for mastery 16 cause just imagine the things i could unlock for passives for my guy. 

I agree, Archwing is awesome but it'll probably get old fast. Esp for veteran players. But let's be honest, it's still really cool!!!

Dead space: Slow and methodical "free roam" around a limited space environment 

Lost planet: I don't recall any space movement in that whatsoever

This is more like those classic space ship simulator games. Like Strike Suit zero but with the warframe style on it.

You never played the first Lost planet then...

Would you rather:

OR

Do a brand new gameplay mechanic while also possible earning some mastery along with it (if we are to believe we gain mastery from the jetpacks…)

More pointless mastery you mean right? you missed the point, i want something more than just here is a number. I want a gameplay mechanic to be derived from it.

More pointless mastery you mean right? you missed the point, i want something more than just here is a number. I want a gameplay mechanic to be derived from it.

Gameplay mechanic?

YOU ARE IN A JETPACK FLYING AROUND SPACE.

Gameplay mechanic?

YOU ARE IN A JETPACK FLYING AROUND SPACE.

Sorry but the Mob mentality shock value JETPACK IN SPACE just doesn't work on me. I get it's a new gameplay mechanic but, i can't help but feel a bit negative about the whole giant wings and gun flying around in space shooting stuff.

Edited by Satinpuppies

Ever played Metal Gear Rising? Cyborg Ninja... So.... Space Ninja...

Yeah I get what you mean but we got spy missions, deception missions... Not using this potential would be a little sad.

(Glad you mentioned MGS :) )

Sorry but the Mob mentality shock value JETPACK IN SPACE just doesn't work on me.

Okay then how about this:

As of right now, focus system adds passive values onto your warframe and just allows you to gain more mastery. That's it. You are just playing the same thing over and over again with just some bonuses slapped onto your warframe.

To me, focus system is purely just for those who want more mastery as opposed to more variety in gameplay.

That is what the Arch-wing is bringing. I have yet to see a game ever take this direction before.

1. What?

2. That's a really bleak way of looking at it...

That's what it is, honestly. As it is with everything, pretty much. Dark Sectors? Just places to farm. Quests? We have so little of them right now, that it's not really worth mentioning. Archwing? Just a toy to play around with a bit.

I mean, all of these things are cool, really, but they are not what we need. We need something to do after we acquire and max everything. We will max these wings someday, we will have a full collection of those. What after that?

Nothing.

The endgame - Proxy Wars, Focus, those things should be a priority. Hell, even (or maybe especially) the Reputation System should be more prioritised, than some fancy looking Gundam wings and Wyrm minigame.

Honestly, I am a bit dissapointed. DE promised a "big reveal", and we got some cool new combos, weapons, awesome tilesets, yes, but they are not that big thing. Nor is the Archwing. Nor is the XBone version.

We all were hoping for a gamechanger. We got some fancy looking, but in longer run useless, stuff.

Okay then how about this:

As of right now, focus system adds passive values onto your warframe and just allows you to gain more mastery. That's it. You are just playing the same thing over and over again with just some bonuses slapped onto your warframe.

To me, focus system is purely just for those who want more mastery as opposed to more variety in gameplay.

That is what the Arch-wing is bringing. I have yet to see a game ever take this direction before.

Except a state in which your warframe can surge more power into it adding a new mechanic. Sounds pretty active to me.