Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Was Anyone Else Hoping For Focus?

Satinpuppies

I'd hope so, i just don't like the visuals either, to over the topish to me with the giant wings and gun and sword.

This is where I agree with you.

I kinda like the design of it, but I wish it angled upwards.

The sword reminds of the Buster sword…and that is never a good thing.

You're probably right.  Truly great games are borne from tacked-on content additions.  The systemic core of the gameplay is trivial in importance.

Games need content to be fun. Most AAA games take 2-3 years to make, we're less than halfway there. 

Either I missed it completely or Focus wasn't mentioned at all during the show.

Archwing is going to be a gimmick that we're going to play a few times. Focus is a massive change that affects every single part of the game. I hope Focus removes a ton of useless/required meta mods and streamlines the player customization options. Instead we're getting...wings. Idk, man. Idk.

This is where I agree with you.

I kinda like the design of it, but I wish it angled upwards.

The sword reminds of the Buster sword…and that is never a good thing.

It felt like i was watching some kind of anime hybrid thing.... i don't like most anime man....

Either I missed it completely or Focus wasn't mentioned at all during the show.

Archwing is going to be a gimmick that we're going to play a few times. Focus is a massive change that affects every single part of the game. I hope Focus removes a ton of useless/required meta mods and streamlines the player customization options. Instead we're getting...wings. Idk, man. Idk.

There we go again with the gimmick. 

We do not know if it will truly be a gimmick. 

As of right now, we can only base it off a video of what we saw.

Maybe, it may be a great addition to the game.

Games need content to be fun. Most AAA games take 2-3 years to make, we're less than halfway there. 

Oh, yes, let's have a crapton of content, with flying, MOBA, add some RTS maybe, five more minigames and stuff... Let's completely disregard the issues like impossible to obtain mods, dilluted drop tables, burnout syndrome, leechers, door heroes, misleading markers on minimap, weapon balance, cloth physics, enemy AI, enemies being bulletsponges, learning curve, difficulty curve, game optimisation, strict NAT and other equally not important things.

Edited by Angius

Oh, yes, let's have a crapton of content, with flying, MOBA, add some RTS maybe, five more minigames and stuff... Let's completely disregard the issues like impossible to obtain mods, dilluted drop tables, burnout syndrome, leechers, door heroes, misleading markers on minimap, weapon balance, cloth physics, enemy AI, enemies being bulletsponges, learning curve, difficulty curve and other equally not important things.

Refer to the "less than halfway there" part. 

impossible to obtain mods, dilluted drop tables, burnout syndrome, leechers, door heroes, misleading markers on minimap, weapon balance, cloth physics, enemy AI, enemies being bulletsponges, learning curve, difficulty curve and other equally not important things.

1. That's RNG.

2. Needs to be fixed.

3. That's the players fault.

4. There really is no way to fix that.

5. Read 4

6. First time I've seen that

7. Needs to be fixed

8. Not really that big of an issue

9. Yes.

10. Take a look at the upcoming design council enemies, they will surprise you

11. It's easy now to learn it because of the tutorial

12. Needs to be fixed

Enough with that attitude. 

There we go again with the gimmick. 

We do not know if it will truly be a gimmick. 

As of right now, we can only base it off a video of what we saw.

Maybe, it may be a great addition to the game.

I'm pretttty sure something that affects the entire customization scheme and touches upon the stagnant mod system is a lot more important than Gundam Simulator 1.0

Proxy wars, my dear Moderator, is the alliance of yourself with One Faction or the other in favour of their assistance and assisting them in return. Allies of the Tenno Thread has a good idea for factions to use in the Proxy Wars:

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/267280-allies-of-the-tenno-new-great-vandal-concept-art-by-arch111-some-great-artwork-in-here/

Also another integration to the game that will diversify gameplay and add content on an extremely new level:

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/255769-immersion-like-never-before-alerts-mission-effects-events-freeroam-maneuvers-mechanics-melee-time-to-evolvetenno-lotus/

And yes, I'm still hoping for the Focus system and the integration of the Proxy Wars, along with so much more content promised to us this year. But, as Vaugahn stated, we're still not half way through development, so lets hope these things come soon.

as a mastery rank 16 tenno i disagree i mean i love archwing but i mean come on thats gonna be cool for a week tops ad then bame i bored again and want new quest and that kind of stuff. FOCUS would be so cool for mastery 16 cause just imagine the things i could unlock for passives for my guy. 

New unlocks and increased power is a thing that makes me want to puke everytime i read patch notes, we get it at nearly every update.

Why do you want more power, atm its not helping anything.

Its like omniscient thing wanting to know more...

If the game was balanced and genuinely challenging it might be a cool addition but atm its just adding crap to crap, it will create nothing but bigger crap.

1. That's RNG.

2. Needs to be fixed.

5. Read 4

7. Needs to be fixed

9. Yes.

12. Needs to be fixed

Alright then. I think im done here...

So maybe we should get further and further, beyond this half, instead of sticking more colourful stickers on the part that we already have?

The software definition of a beta is something that's feature-complete but buggy. This game technically isn't even a beta yet. I'd put money on the current dev focus being getting all the systems they want into the game, and then they make them all perfect. Judging by the work they've done on other games I seriously doubt they're going to leave all those problems hanging.

Proxy wars, my dear Moderator, is the alliance of yourself with One Faction or the other in favour of their assistance and assisting them in return. Allies of the Tenno Thread has a good idea for factions to use in the Proxy Wars:

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/267280-allies-of-the-tenno-new-great-vandal-concept-art-by-arch111-some-great-artwork-in-here/

Also another integration to the game that will diversify gameplay and add content on an extremely new level:

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/255769-immersion-like-never-before-alerts-mission-effects-events-freeroam-maneuvers-mechanics-melee-time-to-evolvetenno-lotus/

And yes, I'm still hoping for the Focus system and the integration of the Proxy Wars, along with so much more content promised to us this year. But, as Vaugahn stated, we're still not half way through development, so lets hope these things come soon.

That second link is beautiful, we need more good weighty game mechanics that actually make it feel good to shoot the enemies just all around good animations, more stealth... 

1. That's RNG.

2. Needs to be fixed.

5. Read 4

7. Needs to be fixed

9. Yes.

12. Needs to be fixed

1. RNG is an issue in itself

3. Partially, yes, but it's also the fault of the lack of endgame

4. Reputation system, so nobody would play with people with negative values

5. See above. Also, the XP distribution from the objective (pod, console, ets) not from the player

6. The objective markers like to point in some weird directions, especially on Phobos and Infested tileset

8. An issue nontheless. And the one that is here for quite a long time.

10. That doesn't change the fact, that the enemies we have now can be ridiculously tough to kill.

11. There are still some areas that new players have no idea of - more about modding, mission progress, UI, market...

1. RNG is an issue in itself

3. Partially, yes, but it's also the fault of the lack of endgame

4. Reputation system, so nobody would play with people with negative values

5. See above. Also, the XP distribution from the objective (pod, console, ets) not from the player

6. The objective markers like to point in some weird directions, especially on Phobos and Infested tileset

8. An issue nontheless. And the one that is here for quite a long time.

10. That doesn't change the fact, that the enemies we have now can be ridiculously tough to kill.

11. There are still some areas that new players have no idea of - more about modding, mission progress, UI, market...

3. No no, it's more of a half and half situation. See, when people get burnout in WF, it's mainly to do with farming. They farm for it so much that they will get burnout. They should learn to be patient and have a break once in a while. This is why I don't care for those who get tired of farming constantly for hours on end. 

4. I've stated before that the reputation system can be easily trolled and can be used indiscriminately.

6. Never seen it, but if that's the case then it Needs to be fixed.

8. Personally I too think it needs to be fixed, but it isn't something so big it has to be fixed like right now.

10. I though having tougher enemies made the game a big more interesting than plowing through everyone?

11. The market is kinda self explanatory, the U.I. does need some more explanation.

1. That's RNG.

You assume thats its completely random and thus nothing can be done about.

It was made that specific way to be that rare, its not randomness but either lazyness or bad game design.

I understand that some things might be rare.

But rare mod got same chance to drop no matter what enemy you kill.

Lancer 1% to drop rare, heavy gunner 1% to drop rare, ultra rare powerfists 1% to drop, boss 1% to drop, scavenger drones 1% to drop.

Nothing was done to adjust drop rates of rare enemies and that creates a unbelievably low chances to drop certain things.

Rare mob having rare drop in its droptable yet having same drop chances as common lancer.

Since when getting bored or frustrated or disappointed is players fault.

We dont have enough content and only thing that was done to address this problem is putting more massive rng/grind wall so it will take longer to do same mission you are doing for 6 updates now to get 1 new specific weapon which is reskin of old with modified stats.

Quests were meant to address that yet only interesting one is vors prize and its at best 2hours of gameplay.

Im more amazed that some veterans havent burned out.

Edited by Davoodoo

You assume thats its completely random and thus nothing can be done about.

It was made that specific way to be that rare, its not randomness but either lazyness or bad game design.

I understand that some things might be rare.

But rare mod got same chance to drop no matter what enemy you kill.

Lancer 1% to drop rare, heavy gunner 1% to drop rare, ultra rare powerfists 1% to drop, boss 1% to drop, scavenger drones 1% to drop.

Nothing was done to adjust drop rates of rare enemies and that creates a horribly low chances to drop certain things.

Rare mob having rare drop in its droptable yet having same drop chances as common lancer.

Since when getting bored or frustrated or disappointed is players fault.

We dont have enough content and only thing that was done to address this problem is putting more massive rng/grind wall so it will take longer to do same mission you are doing for 6 updates now to get 1 new specific weapon which is reskin of old with modified stats.

Im more amazed that some veterans havent burned out.

Wasn't trying to say that RNG is unsolvable.

I've been here since closed beta. Wanna know why I have not burned out a single time while playing warframe?

Wasn't trying to say that RNG is unsolvable.

I've been here since closed beta. Wanna know why I have not burned out a single time while playing warframe?

I burned out, theres no challenge, even when i gimp myself to get some difficulty i dont feel like i achieved anything, new weapons arent any exciting if its just another thing that will trivialize game, im mostly playing after patches and only thing that keeps me is that i dont want project that i invested my time and money to improve to fail.

Edited by Davoodoo