Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Was Anyone Else Hoping For Focus?

Satinpuppies

Oh I like that one.

Quests are IMO one of the best things that's ever happened to this game. Imagine getting a quest when you buy a new weapon type that has you kill X amount of enemies with that weapon type to get a stance mod, instead of having to farm for it. Or something. I have high hopes for quests.

Quests are IMO one of the best things that's ever happened to this game. Imagine getting a quest when you buy a new weapon type that has you kill X amount of enemies with that weapon type to get a stance mod, instead of having to farm for it. Or something. I have high hopes for quests.

Same here, it would solve a lot of the RNG issues people are having, and make the game more interesting than it already is.

Same here, it would solve a lot of the RNG issues people are having, and make the game more interesting than it already is.

RNG doesn't need to vanish completely. You should always have to farm for the best gear. However I think systems like that would pull some of the emphasis off farming. 

Heres how I see the Archwing system being cool.

1. Everyone has it already

2. Archwing is used when a mission your doing is suddenly raided by an opposing faction thus leading you to leap into space, and fight till you can escape on your ship.

If anything Archwing will be like fighting Stalker, Zanuka, and G3. It might be a random event.

edit: or a trap set up to lure you in, and then raid the place.

Edited by Arlayn

Games need content to be fun. Most AAA games take 2-3 years to make, we're less than halfway there. 

Warframe has good core gameplay at heart, but so much is wrong with core mechanics and balance that it cannot live up to its own aspirations.  To be shown all this new content instead of something like "Balance 2.0" or the Focus system is, quite frankly, a slap to the face.

And all the little kiddies don't even care because they're too wowed by the pretty lights and colours to notice.

Sounds just like an argument about U14 UI.  Oh wait, it is.  2 birds, 1 stone.  Or 2 Archwings, even.

Quests, on the other hand, have a tremendous amount of potential.  That addition was the foundations of what could be a far-reaching rework of Alerts, content delivery, story elements, and even the way we think of missions.

The current quests?  Mostly garbage.  But the system... that has huge potential.

Warframe has good core gameplay at heart, but so much is wrong with core mechanics and balance that it cannot live up to its own aspirations.  To be shown all this new content instead of something like "Balance 2.0" or the Focus system is, quite frankly, a slap to the face.

Refer back to previous posts about development. Try to think of the potential these systems have once they're polished, because they certainly aren't yet.

Also, it's hard to balance when you don't even have everything in place yet. What if we can fire on levels with the massive Arcwing guns? How do those factor into balance? Do we get tenno armor and health values or something different? Can we mod them? Where do Arcwing mods drop? Like I said before, I don't think they'll just leave all those problems unsolved as previous games they've made (looking at you unreal tournament) have been excellent. 

• 1 month later...

To the OP, yes, I'm really looking forward to Focus.  Being able to specialize/level specific frames/gear will give you something to do between content drops.

I'm less interested in Archwing.  The mechanics on parkour, etc. are still floaty enough that it seems likely it'll be an awkward affair.