Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Now What Do We Do With Imprints?

SciKnight

If we can customize our doggies at a whim, why do we even need to breed anymore? Will they add other characteristics that you can breed for like polarities or sub-sets of behaviours like aggressive or docile? Will we be able to more definitively breed for size or breed? 

Will they compensate the people who spent thousands of plat and weeks of time breeding to get a a special kubrow that will now be no better than any old mut?

The questions are many.

Sell them while people are still buying them.

Wanna buy a Raksa imprint?

The point is more that they are destroying what I found to be a very interesting mechanic. Are they gonna take it out completely or fix it? What can be done to fix it? 

Anyone who heard anything about this would be stupid to buy an imprint now.

The point is more that they are destroying what I found to be a very interesting mechanic. Are they gonna take it out completely or fix it? What can be done to fix it? 

Anyone who heard anything about this would be stupid to buy an imprint now.

and now you are spreading the word more, so shhhh..

Kubrow colours and patterns will probably still be randomized while they are hatched. What will change - I think - is that you will be able to choose the single pieces of it's looks (colours, pattern) for Plat from the market, but you will also be able to trade the whole imprints. You can make your Kubrow red-black and with Lotus pattern, but you need to buy those separately, while by buying imprints you can get red-black Lotus bulky Huras with fluffy paws.

I believe that the body types, tempers and other physical traits other than fur colour and pattern will be possible to get only by trading imprints.

Well, imprints are how we will get future breeds, they may also add certain colors or patterns that are only available through breeding. As stated before we still have height, body type, and hopefully additional modifiers in the pipeline. That could very well be what is delaying the customization changes until 14.5

Size, body type and "class" are still locked I think.

There is still stuff to work with.

But the main attraction of breeding was to get a dog with your desired cosmetics. I for one would have been fine with any breed as long as I got an awesome looking kubrow.

I have faith that they won't just make a mechanic like breeding only half as useful as it was. How they do that is anyone's guess at this point :P

But the main attraction of breeding was to get a dog with your desired cosmetics. I for one would have been fine with any breed as long as I got an awesome looking kubrow.

I have faith that they won't just make a mechanic like breeding only half as useful as it was. How they do that is anyone's guess at this point :P

Like he said, body type and height were not discussed so now instead of a whole bunch of "WTS Lotus Prints" it will likely transfer to "WTS Max height bulky prints."

i just wanna know what exactly are the things we can cutomize, i know they said print and colors, but breed and size and thickness and lotus count as print, can you overlap prints or the specifics would be nice- pictures.

Forsure it'll be platinum, i doubt it'll just be free selection of prints and colors.

Do people get compensated? I highly doubt it,everyone should have known that de would have change kubrows a bit[They were asking for feedback] and the people who spent 1000's spent it cuz they wanted super rare pets and didnt wanna wait or breed their own,[besides i dont think de can actually track platinum and trades its far too late]

The polarities i highly doubt but the subset behavious would be pretty interesting. You're going to be able to pick priorities so they sorta fits into behaviour. 

Well I hope they took my idea I posted.

This is what I posted.

Make a tool that can be used for mixing your own pattern. This is what the platinum could be used for. Let us pay to make our own.

Example.

To change your kubrow - 100p

Male _ or Female _ (check boxes)

Class- sunika _ etc. (check boxes)

Height - <<<<<<<<<<<< >>>>>>>>>>>>> +

Weight - <<<<<<<<<<< >>>>>>>>>>>>> +

Thick or thin coat - <<<<< >>>>> +

Color of fur/pattern/eyes -color palates

Brightness/contrast - <<<<< >>>>> +

Stripes - <<<<<< >>>>> +

Spots - <<<<< >>>>> +

To get the Lotus symbol on the face- 50p

Lotus color - <<<<< >>>>> +

Lotus brightness/contrast - <<<<< >>>>> +

Note: The "plus & minus" are slide bars like we have in say.... Our graphics options.

Once you choose the patterns, gender, species, height, weight, fur thickness we should not be able to change those again. But the colors/brightness/contrast of your kubrow should remain active.