Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Inventory sorting.

Konnstruct

So, earlier, I was going through my inventory, going through my excess mods to sell, and came across something very annoying: it took a LONG time to figure out what I needed to keep and wanted to sell. I had to go through my inventory several times (3 pages of mods) in order to find exactly what I was keeping and what I was selling. I even accidentally sold one of my best mods because I got it mixed up with a similar (but lesser) mod.

So, I propose some sort of inventory sorting system to help organise things and keep away clutter without having to check all of your mods after every mission. It is based on a tab system with sub-categories, with mods in those sub-categories arranged according to price from highest to lowest (or maybe color?).

It looks like this:

b0050d194d2bec2dec54c2fdc9f159c003fc8c5fcee9fb96010f60d15348a09f4g.jpg

A system like this would allow an easier identification of what mods have the best stat boosts and which ones are menial and should be sold, as you can see an instant comparison with other mods that have the same effect. As for mods with multiple effects, they would be displayed in all sub-categories they would fit into. It is also easier to install mods, as you can easily find what you are looking for instead of looking at the descriptions of each individual mod in a horizontal list until you find what you're looking for.

Specific mods would be put into whatever category they would normally fall under. For example, Volt mods would be put under 'Warframe Mods' and Braton mods would be put under 'Rifle Mods'

Some other noteworthy ideas in this thread:

+1. Also in the store. As I imagine the number and types of weapons will continue to grow would be nice to select the type/slot to search for.

Also a separate button to have blueprints show. As well as filtering things I already own out.

I'm also thinking that a better way of comparing items should also be implemented, being able to compare any amount of any and all items, instead of just what you have equipped at what you are looking at in the market.

Agreed. At the same time, it might be helpful to add an option to sell from your perk tree, so right there, you can compare your used mods to your inventory mods, switch them around, and sell what you don't need overall instead of just the weakest stuff in your inventory.

Well as long as it is more organized then I'm up for it. I'd be perfectly fine if the items just showed an icon and had the full name listed out next to it. Components seriously need an amount located next to it though...

It might be a good idea to just replace the "Materials" category with the foundry. Just a thought.

Sorting would be great. I'd also love to see the ability to sell mods straight from the weapon upgrade screen. Beats having to remember what i want to sell then going back to the inventory to sell it. It would be great if I could go to a weapon upgrade screen, decide if I want to use a mod or not and sell it right away if I don't.

Edited by FrydHamstr

+1. Also in the store. As I imagine the number and types of weapons will continue to grow would be nice to select the type/slot to search for.

Also a separate button to have blueprints show. As well as filtering things I already own out.

That would be cool, but not too necessary at the moment, not too much in the market... yet.

Just chipping in the inventory should not be managed with huge icons. We need something smaller that gives accurate information and allows for quick modification/actions on items. If you want an idea just use the "details" view on Windows to get an idea of how any good inventory management interface should be designed. Tables have existed forever and worked quite well and I'm not sure why a lot of modern interface designers seem to ignore them.

Edited by MegatechBody

Just chipping in the inventory should not be managed with huge icons. We need something smaller that gives accurate information and allows for quick modification/actions on items. If you want an idea just use the "details" view on Windows to get an idea of how any good inventory management interface should be designed. Tables have existed forever and worked quite well and I'm not sure why a lot of modern interface designers seem to ignore them.

You DO realise that I whipped this up in like a minute in MS paint right? A view like windows won't make it any easier to find items, you still have a long, disorganised, cluttery LIST to search through.

thats is filtering not sorting btw we still needed both filter and sorting

Filtering is having certain items simply not appear, not changing UI.

Agreed. At the same time, it might be helpful to add an option to sell from your perk tree, so right there, you can compare your used mods to your inventory mods, switch them around, and sell what you don't need overall instead of just the weakest stuff in your inventory.

Ooh, lots of good ideas on this thread :O

Well as long as it is more organized then I'm up for it. I'd be perfectly fine if the items just showed an icon and had the full name listed out next to it. Components seriously need an amount located next to it though...

It might be a good idea to just replace the "Materials" category with the foundry. Just a thought.

So, earlier, I was going through my inventory, going through my excess mods to sell, and came across something very annoying: it took a LONG time to figure out what I needed to keep and wanted to sell. I had to go through my inventory several times (3 pages of mods) in order to find exactly what I was keeping and what I was selling. I even accidentally sold one of my best mods because I got it mixed up with a similar (but lesser) mod.

So, I propose some sort of inventory sorting system to help organise things and keep away clutter without having to check all of your mods after every mission. It is based on a tab system with sub-categories, with mods in those sub-categories arranged according to price from highest to lowest (or maybe color?).

It looks like this:

b0050d194d2bec2dec54c2fdc9f159c003fc8c5fcee9fb96010f60d15348a09f4g.jpg

A system like this would allow an easier identification of what mods have the best stat boosts and which ones are menial and should be sold, as you can see an instant comparison with other mods that have the same effect. As for mods with multiple effects, they would be displayed in all sub-categories they would fit into. It is also easier to install mods, as you can easily find what you are looking for instead of looking at the descriptions of each individual mod in a horizontal list until you find what you're looking for.

Specific mods would be put into whatever category they would normally fall under. For example, Volt mods would be put under 'Warframe Mods' and Braton mods would be put under 'Rifle Mods'

+1, definitely agree. I find it hard sifting through 10 pages of mods.. :)