Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can Everyone Please Look At The Big Picture Here?

Halisi

Aside from hypestreamlives hype focused content DE actually showed off some interesting content that's coming soon™.  But instead of taking the time to appreciate it people are whining about what they didn't see, or that they think DE doesn't know where they want the game to go. 

Before I start my calm rant let's go over the streams digest if don't mind. TennoLive's purpose was to generate as much hype as possible so that DE can bring in new players. Common business practice. Veterans typically viewed this negatively thinking that important issues were ignored, missing the point of TennoLive. But amid that if you thought about what was being shown that idea is completely false. Tennolive introduced us to two new game modes(wish you had something interesting to do in warframe?), the coming soon of true kubrow customization, the fact that they are working on a way to release kubrows that won't traumatize you, the confirmation that they are working to finish adding combo's to stances, new enemy types(tired of the same old enemy?), and two new tilesets(tired of the same old map over and over?). From what I see that's hardly ignoring important issues; lack of interesting gameplay, watered down kubrow system, and stance usability / practicality.

Now Update 15 Archwing is one of two new game modes mentioned, the other is the rework of planet based survival missions. DE literally stated that this game mode gives meaning to the thought that we are space ninja's. This game mode looks fast paced and interesting, the kind of thing you would play repeatedly in a word it seems to be an arcade type game mode. This makes you think that DE actually has  the ability to make interesting game modes with lasting appeal. That you can expect more things like this in the future, and that DE isn't afraid to push the limits of what we think this game is. This may make it seem that they have little grasp on where they want the game to go but that's a good sign that this game interesting and unique.  

The point I'm trying to get across  is that Warframe is fun and unique, and has a great creative staff behind it. DE can't do everything we have to be patient and help shape Warframe into a respectable title. Somethings you want may still be far off but Warframe is far from finished. Instead of heavily criticizing every single thing DE does try to give them some breathing room and appreciate the things they do for us. There is no other game with this level of Dev feedback, no one else will listen to you the way DE does!

Where is this big picture you're talking about? All I see is a wall of text. What was the picture?

Patience is required, some of the community expects the game to be finished tomorrow, that is not gonna happen. DE has many plans for the game that we do not know, just wait and see; at least it is updating with major game changers when other games are simply continued as they are or completely abandoned after success (Warframe hit it off big last year and even now it is not doing that badly).

If they wanted to generate hype and attract more players, they should at least populate all seats in the hall. Looked kinda sad to me to see half of them empty.

Yeah made me sad too, but I guess Gamescom isn't as big as E3 and I don't know, if they paid ticket I would've went :/

Patience is required, some of the community expects the game to be finished tomorrow, that is not gonna happen. DE has many plans for the game that we do not know, just wait and see; at least it is updating with major game changers when other games are simply continued as they are or completely abandoned after success (Warframe hit it off big last year and even now it is not doing that badly).

Yeah made me sad too, but I guess Gamescom isn't as big as E3 and I don't know, if they paid ticket I would've went :/

Gamescom is pretty much the E3 of Europe...but the Warframe hype probably wasn't stronk enough...also it was 9.15PM in Germany when they STARTED the stream...that isn't exactly rushhour :)

Where is this big picture you're talking about?

i must admit, i expected a big picture too (maybe something with a cat or someone with pink shorts....) (._. )

Those weird Thread names sometimes....

ah well... but this "picture" is good enough too :3

I didn't see warframe xboxone release date

2nd September

Edited by Fabpsi

The mentioned in several threads "Warframe's biggest reveal yet". i saw no such thing.

This.

Fancy new gamemode that'll become not-so-new after a few runs and just a way to farm (if we are required to use Archwing to farm something) or a irritating necessity after few dozen runs, yes.

Some new tilesets, some new animations, combos, new weapons, enemies, yes.

Xbone release date a.k.a. the downfall of community, yes.

But where's the big thing? Proxy Wars? Focus? ENDGAME? Hello?

This.

Fancy new gamemode that'll become not-so-new after a few runs and just a way to farm (if we are required to use Archwing to farm something) or a irritating necessity after few dozen runs, yes.

Some new tilesets, some new animations, combos, new weapons, enemies, yes.

Xbone release date a.k.a. the downfall of community, yes.

But where's the big thing? Proxy Wars? Focus? ENDGAME? Hello?

Around the corner.

Lately updates are becoming uninteresting and stale. I just hope that U15 can make an impact like U11.

Around the corner.

Lately updates are becoming uninteresting and stale. I just hope that U15 can make an impact like U11.

"U15 - fancy new wings and still no reputation system!", right around the corner!

A pretty massive change to the game that's been a year in the making was announced and you want to downplay it like it's nothing because it's not the big announcement you were hoping for?

My god this community has some serious infants.

What change? I haven't seen any massive changes in this livestream, honeslty...

Edited by Angius

The mentioned in several threads "Warframe's biggest reveal yet". i saw no such thing.

An entire space combat mode that turns the game into what amounts to Strike Suit Zero or Infinite Stratos in Space isn't a big reveal? Seriously? Yeah it might not be as interesting to us vets who're already burnt out on the grind, but it is in fact a huge reveal.

"Hey, there's this mode that will turn the game into a gundam simulator."

Edited by Cpl_Facehugger

"U15 - fancy new wings and still no reputation system!", right around the corner!

An entirely new game type. Seems pretty big to me.

And remember how many changes came bundled with U14, even though the main devstream focus was player ships? I assume it will be the same with U15. Arcwings probably aren't the only thing we're going to get.

"Hey, there's this mode that will turn the game into a gundam simulator."

Yes, there is, but it's rather a fancy  addition, sort of a minigame. I was expecting something gamechanging, like Focus or Proxy Wars mentioned before, not just another gametype, staying besides the current content, not actually changing it or fixing the core mechanics.

I am more and more inclined towards the thought, that DE constantly tries to create something new instead of finishing what they've once started. Do you remember how long did it took to finally have Vor's Prize? Reputation System bug is here since forever, and DE did nothing more about it, it's still just a bug, not a functional feature. Same goes to Token System - they mentioned it and now nobody knows what'll happen after. Focus system? Proxy Wars? "Yeah, we kinda said about it but not really OH LOOK FANCY NEW WINGS SO GUNDAM MUCH ANIME WOW!".

And so much things need to be fixed, or even re-done. And we are getting a new gamemode, which'll only add to the list of bugs. DE sometimes can be like a child, first they are like "Mum! Look! A new He-man toy! It's so awesome! I'll totally play with it!" but then, when mom mentiones it and gives him it as a present, the chiled is like "He-man? Oh, yeah I kinda wanted it probably... But look at this! This transformer toy has blinking LIGHTS! Lights, mommy! Isn't that awesome!?"

Oh yeah and don't forget user created missions, I'll be the best lore creator warframe has ever seen!!!

Disclaimer: I absolve any responsibility for that statement, all things said in this reply are completely factual. Any objections can be settled with righteous combat in the designated tenno dojo sparring room.

P.S. Ahem excuse the typo, this has no affect on my disclaimer.

Edited by Halisi

Yes, there is, but it's rather a fancy  addition, sort of a minigame. I was expecting something gamechanging,

I'm going to stop you right there, because it's pretty clear this whole thing is gamechanging.

It might not change in the way you want, but what amounts to a space combat mode is tremendously gamechanging.

Gamescom is pretty much the E3 of Europe...but the Warframe hype probably wasn't stronk enough...also it was 9.15PM in Germany when they STARTED the stream...that isn't exactly rushhour :)

I know I am european :)

True, the fact that the stream was pretty late probably didn't help it also they didn't seem to advertise it much outside our forums :/

I'm going to stop you right there, because it's pretty clear this whole thing is gamechanging.

It might not change in the way you want, but what amounts to a space combat mode is tremendously gamechanging.

Didn't look that game changing. Looked like they just added in some Starfox into Warframe.

From what I saw, you can't use any of your normal weapons or tenno powers or even change directions for that matter.

i think theyve opend up a new world of possibilites. space rescue defense and survival. space capture missions, chasing targets through space ships and stations. meteor showers. the rings of saturn. they know we wanna be able to fly in any direction. what if we get to drop out of liset from orbiting a planet, and fly down to the surface. there is a lot of reason for the devs to be excited. with how the engine handles the game right now, im sure this is gonna play and feel very well. 

ill just leave these to get your juices juicy

Edited by T4LCOMX