Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can Everyone Please Look At The Big Picture Here?

Halisi

Focus system, Proxy Wars *sound* like a great idea, and will keep those players who have been around doing the same thing they have been doing since they started but in a "new" way, but it does jack all other than keep you doing literally what you have been doing before. So they showed a demo of a new system being set in place, and people are saying its nothing different. Huh?

I've seen this happen in a lot of other games before, where the "vets" want more of the same but with a new skin and get offended and overly critical when developers want to do something new or different, over adding more of the same but with this completely arbitrary image of progression. I am seeing the news as yet another thing that will differentiate Warframe from other games out there, and yeah.. long-time players might feel ousted for the time being.

I'm confident that the much vaunted Focus System will come, and we will be able to keep hammering Sechura till we are so obscenely powerful (and rich, in case they add a credit component to the system), that nothing can challenge us. Not like much can already, but that IS "end-game" that we have been conditioned to accept as the only thing signifying that our journey has hit the pinnacle. Then the goalposts have to be moved, we do it again, and then hit the same wall. Repeat as necessary.

It will come, we just don't know when. Till then, I am looking forward to a diversion from the A-to-B blur of missions we are doing now.

Um I don't see how adding mission variety and complexities can be not gamechanging. Stop sulking just because DE didn't scratch you particular itch, geez. They just showed new content, and said nothing about what other things we might find in up-15.

I too was expecting focus, and maybe Sentients reveal. But hey- This is awesome too!

Patience is required, some of the community expects the game to be finished tomorrow, that is not gonna happen. DE has many plans for the game that we do not know, just wait and see; at least it is updating with major game changers when other games are simply continued as they are or completely abandoned after success (Warframe hit it off big last year and even now it is not doing that badly).

Yeah made me sad too, but I guess Gamescom isn't as big as E3 and I don't know, if they paid ticket I would've went :/

It was a joke. I did read his post. I was just playing.

i must admit, i expected a big picture too (maybe something with a cat or someone with pink shorts....) (._. )

Those weird Thread names sometimes....

ah well... but this "picture" is good enough too :3

2nd September

See. This guy gets it. Hahaha.

- snip -

I don't see this as a rant at all, but more of an encouragement to Veteran players and DE to keep going with relatively useful info exchanges that allows Warframe to not just grow to the supposed MMO that we are seeing now, but to make players enjoy what this game should have always been purposed to be.

Compared to most Beta games developers so far... MAIET's Gunz 2 modern Warframe rip-off. Warframe itself is unique, incredible, credible and is stood not by the developers, but us entirely. Really. We made Warframe as it is, and DE is just there providing us their services to change it.

So... +1.

This.

Fancy new gamemode that'll become not-so-new after a few runs and just a way to farm (if we are required to use Archwing to farm something) or a irritating necessity after few dozen runs, yes.

Some new tilesets, some new animations, combos, new weapons, enemies, yes.

Xbone release date a.k.a. the downfall of community, yes.

But where's the big thing? Proxy Wars? Focus? ENDGAME? Hello?

There's no real end-game, as we crush the end-game with our 5-Forma'd weapons.

Until they destroy the Forma system, there's no real end-game. Simple as that.