The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Tips For The Best Excalibro Build?

Aroran_Svitskna

Question

9 answers to this question

Overextend + strecth for radial blind build, also maybe intensity for up to 400%  (so ive heard) melee bonus  dmg in the first 5 seconds. fors slash dash and super juump, consider duration, if you like using him to travel. 

Edited by Somedude1000

If you want to build Excal for long survival / defense runs, recommend you build around Radial Blind as your main ability.

Radial blind provides a 5-second stun + residual blind for enemies. While damaging abilities such as Slash dash and Radial Javelin are useful to around level 30~40 enemies, Radial Blind will never fall off and is an excellent crowd control ability.

There's 2 ways you need build Radial Blind, duration and range .

1. Duration provides longer lasting blinds, and while enemies are blinded, melee does 400 % more damage to them (as if you are invisible as Loki / Ash). Note that the duration only affects the duration of the blind, not the 5-second stun. So even without duration, you can still have a guaranteed 5 second stun.

2. Range allows you to blind more enemies with a single cast. 

Duration also improves the range of Slash Dash, allowing for more mobility. 
Power Strength affects the jump height of Super Jump and the damage of Slash Dash / Radial Javelin (obviously) . 

Recommended mods (for tweaking abilities) :

Streamline (efficiency)
Fleeting Expertise ( efficiency ) * can be rank 3 / 4 , rank 4 provides 50% efficiency, while rank 3 provides 40% . Rank 4 will guarantee a maximum efficiency build (75%) , while rank 3 gives 70% (combined with max Streamline) while having better duration (-30%). 

Stretch ( range )

Overextended ( even more range )

Intensify ( power strength to compensate for Overextended )

Continuity (power duration) 

Constitution (power duration + recovery speed) [Optional]

Narrow Minded ( power duration , but lesser range ) [Optional]

Hi, this might not the best build, but I'm having a lot of fun with it. My personal opinion is that Excalibur's best skill is Radial Blind, hands down. Good CC you can extend it and make it last longer, plus it gives you meele damage bonus on blinded enemies. 

The other I always use is superjump. I love it! This gives you more mobility than slashdash, you can reach good, high sniper positions and the best that you can deliver awesome jump attacks with it.

I formad my Excalibro four times for this build and it's worth it, he is super fun to play, I played every other warframe but after more than 1000 gameplay hours I still play Excalibur almost all the time!

here is the build. Actually I've got 3 config, one is pretty regular, the second is a stamina build for fast invasion runs, and the one I posted an image about is the one I use usually. The main thing is - reach to extend your radial blind and continuity+constitution to make it last longer. Important I like having my warframes very durable so I use Vitality+Redirection+Vigor combo all maxed out.

Hope this helps, as I wrote before it's not the best build but it worked out pretty well for me.

Warframe0000.jpg
Edited by 000_Briarius_000

For Corpus, I build with Energy Siphon aura, allowing me to use 70% Efficiency and +18% power duration, just enough to keep SD as well as RB: http://goo.gl/egN91t

For Grineer and Void, I build with Corrosive Projection aura, full Efficiency and slot Rage in place of Slash dash so I have emergency energy generation. http://goo.gl/ab0QZK

Both builds include max range and Natural Talent.