Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Archwing Oversight!

noveltyhero

Hey guys,

I just wanted to point out a certain oversight DE shouldn't make upon releasing the Archwing for which I am very excited!

Life support, we have missions where we cut O2 from ships and we need to keep gathering it so we survive, however I saw Excalibur do just fine with it in space, of course it is a reveal and everything but I want to make sure this oversight is not made when U15 hits (long time from now, but still.)

My suggestion is to have the archwing give you a tube that leads to your face which will supposedly keep you alive in space.

Additionally personally I would like for the archwing to have its own personal lifebar whilst flying alone, keeping ours separate (you won't take much damage if at all, archwing will do it).

Thanks!

EDIT: Sentinels and Kubrows?

What about Sentinels and Kubrows in space?

Edited by noveltyhero

Whoever said Tenno breathe from their faces? For all we know, the Excalibur in the trailer had an air tube tucked away somewhere out of sight. Just use your imagination, and try not to regret it.

LOL <-if you are saying what I think you are saying XD

But in all seriousness tubes in back or something is fine, so long as there are tubes! :D

there was talk about survival rework, besides there are survivals also on planets and you definitely can't drain oxigen from planets, tennos afaik don't breathe (confirmed by not drowning in ceres toxic sludge and surviving in atmosphere-less environments such as some zone of  corpus-infested tilesets)

Edited by bl4ckhunter

Didn't they say they were removing survival as a game mode? If we can breathe in space, why would we need a game mode that strictly requires us to get more air to stay alive? I don't think that's an oversight considering the rework/removal of the mode that gives us the idea that we need air.

there was talk about survival rework, besides there are survivals also on planets and you definitely can't drain oxigen from planets

Survival on Planets will be replaced with a different gamemode (scott announced that during the tennolive event when they were showing the new tileset)

In mag prime's codex entry, there is mention of a female figure with gold wings (mag prime herself). She picks up the narrator in some sort of void shield that allegedly glows blue under enemy fire.

Now think back to the archwing trailer: or did can't extract you, excal is enveloped on blue energy and shoots out of the corpus ship. I think they have already taken your worry into consideration.

EDIT: Relevant codex excerpt: I was in a dying dream. I saw a bright spot blurring and weaving toward me. I felt a tug toward it from the metal clasps on my suit. It reached me, rising up - a gleaming beast, a plume of golden wings rising and unfolding behind it. An angel. It snatched me from my death. I could feel my lungs fill as it wrapped me in its wings. Its Void Shield shimmered blue, strained under the enemy beams. I felt a suddenly tug of acceleration. I closed my eyes and held on it like a child.

Edited by Imaru12

Aha guys! I am aware of the survival rework but that is for planets only, not ships :/

This wasn't really a pushful suggestion but more of a hey you did consider this, right? kind of thing!

I hope you are right Imaru12, about them already putting my worry into consideration.

there was talk about survival rework, besides there are survivals also on planets and you definitely can't drain oxigen from planets, tennos afaik don't breathe (confirmed by not drowning in ceres toxic sludge and surviving in atmosphere-less environments such as some zone of  corpus-infested tilesets)

In the atmosphere-less portions of the Corpus tilesets, you definitely take damage to your shields, though. To me, that implies that our shields are somehow protecting us from the difference in atmospheric pressure as well as the lack of oxygen, but only to a limit. Furthermore, when O2 is depleted on other maps, damage starts ticking away at a much faster rate, which implies that the 'frames do require external oxygen to some degree.

The Survival rework had less to do with resupplying oxygen and more to do with the fact that planets aren't going to be depleted of oxygen. So I imagine ship-based tilesets will remain how they are, while planetary tilesets will be replaced by something that makes more practical sense.

I agree that the blue shield seen around Excalibur in the Archwing trailer is probably exactly what we're talking about. We'll see how it works mechanically, but it might make sense that the Archwing itself provides a sort of "oxygen shield."

What about Sentinels and Kubrows in space?

I'm not sure about Kubrows, but I imagine Sentinels could be tucked away in the Archwing somewhere. That's a good question, though.

perhaps the archwing thingy itself provides life support

In the atmosphere-less portions of the Corpus tilesets, you definitely take damage to your shields, though. To me, that implies that our shields are somehow protecting us from the difference in atmospheric pressure as well as the lack of oxygen, but only to a limit. Furthermore, when O2 is depleted on other maps, damage starts ticking away at a much faster rate, which implies that the 'frames do require external oxygen to some degree.

Pretty much these bring up the two big things...

The Archwing probably provides O2 or has a sort of rebreather or scrubber onboard.

Also remember before the door exploded and Excalibur was glowing crazy blue and punching the ground and stuff? I think that Ordis sort of like, supercharged his shields so that they would regenerate at a rate faster than a vacuum would deplete them.

I don't know if survival really needs to be redone rather then just renaming the O2 tanks to something else that expires and the tenno need to get in a hurry. They could just say you need to collect material X before it expires and that it's integrity is preserved if you add more to what you've collected. Or on these missions maybe the bad guys have some kind of anti void field in the area and the tenno need to collect void energy to stay in the stage (I kind of like this idea because it needs a bit less explanation and even less asset change).

I don't know if survival really needs to be redone rather then just renaming the O2 tanks to something else that expires and the tenno need to get in a hurry. They could just say you need to collect material X before it expires and that it's integrity is preserved if you add more to what you've collected. Or on these missions maybe the bad guys have some kind of anti void field in the area and the tenno need to collect void energy to stay in the stage (I kind of like this idea because it needs a bit less explanation and even less asset change).

Wouldn't that go too far and turn into an excavation gamemode? <-but off-topic.

Pretty much these bring up the two big things...

The Archwing probably provides O2 or has a sort of rebreather or scrubber onboard.

Also remember before the door exploded and Excalibur was glowing crazy blue and punching the ground and stuff? I think that Ordis sort of like, supercharged his shields so that they would regenerate at a rate faster than a vacuum would deplete them.

Hmm, maybe, but then couldn't he supercharge when we are trying to survive in survival? or when we are outside in infested ships?

Didn't they say they were removing survival as a game mode? If we can breathe in space, why would we need a game mode that strictly requires us to get more air to stay alive? I don't think that's an oversight considering the rework/removal of the mode that gives us the idea that we need air.

No, they are removing the game mode from the OUTDOOR tilesets. It will still remain on indoor tilesets. We are getting an alternate game mode for outdoor sets.

Agreed. The Archwing should have an aesthetically visible life-support system, even if it's just something as tiny as a mask or a tube of some sort. It would be something pretty minor to implement in it's design, so it wouldn't be something difficult to include, and it would go a long way in maintaining the willing suspension of disbelief.

Edited by Mcl_BlueMadness

Survival rework, in the first 30 minutes of the livestream they said survival was going to be reworked. COME ON PEOPLE!

So its safe to assume that Tenno will not need Oxygen after the rework. 

Edited by Feallike

Survival rework, in the first 30 minutes of the livestream they said survival was going to be reworked. COME ON PEOPLE!

So its safe to assume that Tenno will not need Oxygen after the rework. 

No, they said there will be a new game mode that will replace Survival on planets. Meaning we'll get rid of the whole "turning off life support when we're out in the open" thing. Survival will still be there on ships.

Edited by Mcl_BlueMadness

• 2 months later...

yeah I also think they'll keep survival on ships. it's a cool concept, and you really can't replace "oxygen" with anything else.

extraction missions were made on open sky planets. but the archwing missions themselves say nothing of oxygen, which is a shame.

a cool face-mask or rebreather would've been a nice addition

also, I miss having a pet (sentinel, kubrow) besides me :P

will spectres ever work in space?

As far as survival, I have already heard a different line, along the lines of "Infested spores will saturate the environment."  The rework is probably more about the difficulty scale and rewards now that defense rewards stack, survival being harder might need a bit more encouragement for people to stick to that mode.

As to the archwing oxygen issue, I believe the general hint or statement to go with is that the archwing works better with your shields preventing the loss of atmosphere from damaging your shields.  Basically, they are providing you with a different type of shields so that you don't have to worry about the lack of atmosphere.

You could also go with, "the invisible wall borders of any mission are actually the limit of a massive force field enhanced bubble and that keeps in enough atmosphere to not damage shields" but that would be just as rediculous as the outer barriers are in the first place.