Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Jet Black Color

Xendrell

Question

17 answers to this question

some things just turn a nice dark black when using that grey otherwise it was default colors or a set that was for an event i suppose could have jet black maybe? dunno only things ive seen turn a dark black so far are the burston and a few parts on the hek havent tried alot with it though.   if there was a set released like the easter one that had jet black i call shenanigans.

I bought all the packs and on my screen, the darkest of the darks can be found in the fire pack. But I'm colorblind, so what the hell do I know? Though my son did help me pick it out. But that little squirt has trolled me in the past, so who knows.

Black look different on different parts. You can't have perfect color match on everything, no matter how you try.

Braton Vandal always will be saturated metalic and viper will always be bright pastele color.

That's just how things done.

Edited by Norouh

Both the Ice and Valentine palettes have a very dark color that under certain lighting appears black. Other than that, there is no true black as of yet. Though DE_Steve did mention maybe making a "Ninja Palette" a while back, it is not particularly likely to appear any time soon.

I bought all the packs and on my screen, the darkest of the darks can be found in the fire pack. But I'm colorblind, so what the hell do I know? Though my son did help me pick it out. But that little squirt has trolled me in the past, so who knows.

A son who trolls his parent is an awesome son indeed.  You, good sir, have an awesome son.  *tip hat*

Yeah, it's kind of annoying.  I picked up the Storm pack because I thought I'd found jet black only to later realize "actually this is blue-black".  I think Storm also has a super dark red which is close to black. 

It's a "space ninja" game, you gotta expect your players are going to want to colour them black. 

Take a screenshot.  Open that screenshot in mspaint.  Click the Eyedropper icon.  Click the Eyedropper on the color your son said was black.  Depending on the version of windows, there are different steps that come next, but for Windows 7 it's to click "Edit Colors."  This will bring up the color palette.  It will show the Hue/Saturation/Luminosity and Red/Green/Blue mix of the color you selected.

If the "Red" is over, say, 30, your son is trolling you.  I recommend writing down the color numbers, going to a paint supply store (Home Depot, Lowe's, whatever) and asking for a gallon of pain in that color mix, then painting his room the next time he leaves for more than four hours.

And the Revenge Troll of the Year Award goes to...

If the "Red" is over, say, 30, your son is trolling you.  I recommend writing down the color numbers, going to a paint supply store (Home Depot, Lowe's, whatever) and asking for a gallon of pain in that color mix, then painting his room the next time he leaves for more than four hours.
Edited by Umbranox