The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Bottom Line...

H0PE

Actually, if you look at the CGI trailer, it shows Ordis passing him and he drops to the floor for a few seconds and glows red. This might be the reason he's able to.

I think a Tenno's suit actually has to 'change modes' in order to properly use the new limbs. I believe it is the new limbs that truly make it possible to regulate your vitals int he vacuum.

Archwings seem to push Warframe even further towards the idea that Warframe suits are at least partially organic.

So let me see if I understand this.  You're ok with us being some sort of mutated being from a place where science breaks that can run across walls making clones, robots and mutated creatures implode, spontaneously combust or have their bones magnetically crushed all while carrying around ridiculous amounts of ammo on a skin (if we even have skin) tight suit with no backpack.  But the thing that makes the least sense to you is that we are going to be covered in some sort of glowing goo (that may or may not act as some for of sealant or interface) and then given a set of flight wings that most likely have their own shielding projection and life support.  I'm sorry, but that really should be one of the least 'lol, wut!?' moments you have.

I think a Tenno's suit actually has to 'change modes' in order to properly use the new limbs. I believe it is the new limbs that truly make it possible to regulate your vitals int he vacuum.

Archwings seem to push Warframe even further towards the idea that Warframe suits are at least partially organic.

Possibly, but do you think the part where he dashed into space had to be him being affected by gravity or he did it at will. Like the Archwing and him had a magnet.

Possibly, but do you think the part where he dashed into space had to be him being affected by gravity or he did it at will. Like the Archwing and him had a magnet.

Excalibur's #3 skill is Super jump, though I think any Tenno is capable of that leap.

In the past, if you watch, you see Tenno using their skills. I think this is another example.

the trailer seems to show that, be4 excal "jumps" in space, his shielding/enrgy seems to go a transformation/overcharge.

some sort of vacuum mode probably, temporary w/o the wing then powered by the wing system?

as for the dash in to space, explosive decompression + warframe armor boosting power can explain that i guess, I mean normal warframe mode allows tennos to jump "naturally" in mission over 1 meter & parkour up walls after all

Excalibur's #3 skill is Super jump, though I think any Tenno is capable of that leap.

In the past, if you watch, you see Tenno using their skills. I think this is another example.

Well, I can't come up with anything so I think we'll just leave the rest to DE, we'll know more in the next devstream :)

I really hope it's not.

Still i would rather see more parkour and movement. Maybe some more complex maps. Flying seems very straight forward

ikp0TM3.jpg

The only "On Rails" Archwing combat I'd like is if it's On Solar-Rails combat. As in that's how you assault opposing Solar Rails; by doing direct damage to them.

Also on the topic of Archwings and flying in space, Warframes are already capable of surviving in a vacuum for a MUCH longer period of time than a naked human; I think it's safe to assume that although the in-suit shield generator is still functioning, the in-suit generator doesn't have enough "Oopmh" to restore your shields faster than they're depleted. But when docked with the Archwing, your Warframe's shield generator gets supplemented by what's likely a much more robust generator onboard the Archwing, allowing the Warframe's shields to function at a steady state or a recharge state even while in a vacuum.

Toss in a CO2 scrubber/rebreather with an artificial photosynthesis cell or two and the Archwing can provide a steady O2 supply to the Warframe.

P.S. Space (near absolute Vacuums) are NOT cold. In fact you will actually find it very very hard to cool something down in an actual vacuum. Vacuums are in fact one of the best thermal insulators because there are no particles to directly transfer heat to, and the only thermal loss (cooling) that occurs is from infrared emissions. You don't freeze to death in space. This is a common misconception.

Here are what I think of how these game modes work together:

1. Survival: (First off it is being re-done) Since planets losing all their LS just with the flick of a button, I am only going to talk about the Void S. In the Void, even though we were "Born" from it, we still cannot live in it. We need some sort of... Life Support to be there for long, yet only in areas where the atmosphere is not able to sustain life.

2. Ice: Ice slows down our mechanical functions, so our shield "Processors" don't run at full potential. And our powers come from the Tenno inside the suit, so that is why we can still use them 100% in ice missions.

3. Archwing: We really don't know anything about it (besides the fact it will still be a month or two before we get it), but we can all still make assumptions. In the trailer, it shows the Excal's armor changing. We can be led to assume that it allows a Warframe to sustain themselves while in space. Then, when it activates, the Excal falls to the ground of the ship as if he added a few pounds to his suit. After the door opens to space, he zooms off into space, but also seems to be in control. When the Archwing is finally added to him, he can now control where he is going 100% of the time, instead of trying to find wreckage to land on to change direction. The changed suit and the wings would more than likely have enough LS within them to sustain a single tenno for awhile.

Now people may be thinking that the wings are too small to hold enough LS to keep a warframe alive, but think about this. In our survival mission, there is a huge amount a space that the LS can go into, and there are a lot more than just one tenno using it at one time. You have 4 tenno, and all the enemies in that area that are using it. (Yes, I do know that they have their own LS packs attached to them.) 

I'm loosing HP in survival games due to oxigen loss...

I'll soon degrade shield and health due to cold on planets in the new game modes...

Yet I'm able to fly around "baresuite" with wings in the space...

You guys dropped the self destruct on the game, grats for that...

*drops the mike on the floor*

I'm out!

*walks away...*

P.S.: I can make up dozens of logical explanations to all of this happening -the survival the freezing and the space combat- SEPARATELY one by one, put in a game -other than warframe-. But altogether this big messy mock-up of a game as warframe now, is a mess as an (il)logical product for my human brain just can't digest it anymore.

!@#$...

Other thought: wings give us the capability we need to survive.