Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Running Should Be As Fast As Butt-Scooting. (*new* Suggested Slide Changes Update) (Updated 21.08.14)

Lukap99

I loathe that the game allows movement this fast with no penalty.  basically everyone does it, and if I'm not feeling like it, I get left behind. I don't like having to do keyboard kung fu just to keep up with the group.

I see nothing wrong with making sprint legitimately faster.  No need to remove butt slide.  Just make sprint that fast...

Nobody wants butt slide to go away mind you, just make it have a different purpose instead of just free speed.

It should also be noted that if you want to move that was you would have to be insanely skilled.

Parkour 2.0 is going to remove Butt scooting, that is a given, they removed infinite wall running, and everyone loved that. They are going to remove But scooting. :/

Theirs nothing we can say or do about it, we just have to accept it.

Wait, by butt-scooting do you mean the free speed gain or the slide move?

I like the slide move, it's neat for killing enemies to the side of you.

oh yeah totally man

i butt scoot as often as I can in every run i make ever since i learned about how it accelerates us

i fear that my pinky will fall off in the near future

that or get really really buff in which my ctrl button will fall off in it's stead

This class of idea should have been something to implement BEFORE we ended up with coptering. Changing this now has zero effect.

The only use of sliding is for quick burst of speed to catch up to a team member in those cases where coptering would cause an over shoot. You make us all faster, then we will start catching up with coptering only.

This class of idea should have been something to implement BEFORE we ended up with coptering. Changing this now has zero effect.

The only use of sliding is for quick burst of speed to catch up to a team member in those cases where coptering would cause an over shoot. You make us all faster, then we will start catching up with coptering only.

I see.

Wouldn't this call for tweaking the game's current copter physics to something a bit more reliable in combat, but not as much for movement?

Granted, it's not a gigantic thread with a well written OP like Aure7's parkour thread and Notionphil's AI thread, but I think it does it's job better than most of the common, smaller ones.

If we're going by your logic 90% of the threads here would be nitpicking.

Also, why did you go to the feedback category and not expect nitpicking? The devs clearly encourage feedback.

And nitpicking = feedback, even if it's insignificant.

Clearly we need smoother mechanics im sure...but this one is actually not a concern from my perspective, but if you want to play technical bs I can definitely play that game with you all day, but I would rather not. I asked a specific question that doesn't need a rhetorical reply.

The subject seems rather meh/boring in my opinion but thats my opinion of the matter. 

New concept i guess...my opinion probably...hm maybe...idk lmao

Edited by BloodArmoredApostle

Clearly we need smoother mechanics im sure...but this one is actually not a concern from my perspective, but if you want to play technical bs I can definitely play that game with you all day, but I would rather not. I asked a specific question that doesn't need a rhetorical reply.

The subject seems rather meh/boring in my opinion but thats my opinion of the matter. 

New concept i guess...my opinion probably...hm maybe...idk lmao

I wasn't going technical when I asked why you weren't expecting nitpicking, since it does belong in this subforum.

I could understand if I started nitpicking every little thing about the game in say, general discussion, but I placed all my nitpicking/feedback here where it belongs.

I respect that you think the sliding mechanic is boring to discuss, but please respect mine and everyone else's when we do decide to have a discussion about it and not about something you find interesting.

From my perspective, it's something like going on a Pokemon forum and criticising people for liking Pokemon. It's unnecessary.

But at least we agree on the game needing smoother movement.

• 4 months later...

i agree mate...

only thing i will change is that you cant slide while you are in air ...

no butt-scoot in air... but in fact changing it... to look like a dive in air and when you touch the ground it looks more parkour-ish then just butt-scoot in air ...

if you know what i mean...

Kong_Vault_Air.jpg

or atleast something like this Sebastien-Foucan-jump2.pngwhen pushed from a wall

Edited by Zdravko