Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why Do People Dislike Coptering?

(PSN)theelix

I just feel you're rushing....and nobody loves a rusher that gets miles ahead of people, gets downed, dies, then blames everyone for him rushing and dying.

I usually find it to be the other way around. High level player rushes ahead, newbies who can't fight the enemies the rusher left behind get ganked. 

It's usually never the level 1 Xcal rushing. It's the rank 10+ Loki or Rhino running ahead leaving the newbie at the mercy of left behind enemies. 

For the most part, I dislike it because it looks ridiculous, in the same way constant sliding looks ridiculous.

Not to mention I feel like a retard using both methods as a means for speed(so I don't). People claim it's essential, but its not actually required for anything. There not a single tile that you actually need coptering for. Nor is there any mission that requires it.(disclaimer: Slide is required for a long jump)

Other people wanna use it? Fine by me, but lets not pretend we actually need it, or that it's in any way essential. It's a bug that now officially gives a means of gaining a speed burst for no other reason then it was a "happy accident".

They could possibly take out the ability to do aerial slide attacks completely and create an aerial dash that would simulate the movement coptering can. Would look better, and could potentially be just as useful as well.

Maybe the U15 update could also add all of our Frames being able to use (I'm a big Bleach Fan) fullbring speed boosts A.K.A bringer boost.

BringerLight2.gif

We could hold our weapons like we're going for a wall attack. Maybe they could fully introduce it as a new thing and we could do a psuedo fly and it would take energy at like... .5 per second just floating and 2 per second flying and 7 per second boosting. 

Maybe the U15 update could also add all of our Frames being able to use (I'm a big Bleach Fan) fullbring speed boosts A.K.A bringer boost.

BringerLight2.gif

We could hold our weapons like we're going for a wall attack. Maybe they could fully introduce it as a new thing and we could do a psuedo fly and it would take energy at like... .5 per second just floating and 2 per second flying and 7 per second boosting. 

Please no... I don't want clorox invading Warframe.

I usually find it to be the other way around. High level player rushes ahead, newbies who can't fight the enemies the rusher left behind get ganked. 

It's usually never the level 1 Xcal rushing. It's the rank 10+ Loki or Rhino running ahead leaving the newbie at the mercy of left behind enemies. 

This is true aswell...I usually try to stick with random players....IDK what they're skill level is or how they play, I only rush with my Friends....and I don't even copter bruhhhhhhhhhhhh, I plane all dey 420 360 noscope blaze it dudebro.

chaining wall launches is allmost as fast

chainiing wall lqunches with copters on the front and back end moving like a super ninja all the while raining down grenades or bolts or anything... and this is weak? get over yourselves put hold crouch on a mouse thumb button and lern2ninja. quickzerker ftw.

even glen said he cant picture playing wf without being able to fly around. and for frames who arent meant to just stand there and take bullets a move like this is a godsend 

Please no... I don't want clorox invading Warframe.

I'd be very happy about this change. I wouldn't even care if they up'd the energy consumption to like, 10 ps floating, 30 ps moving and 50 consumption short boost. I mean... Imagine how badass a frame would look if they're just using their energy to fly or something. Especially like, Zephyr. It would make her even more of a flying frame but whatever. It'd look awesome.

Besides. My Excalibur already looks like Hollow Ichigo to me. 

Bu99St7IEAQmHo6.jpg

Edited by (PS4)theelix

Because it centralizes weapon selections.

It kills any chance of slower weapons EVER being used seriously for most people.

And the thought process of "this weapon can't copter therefor it is 100% inferior no questions asked" is impossible to stop once you get a good weapon that can do this and then level other weapons.

You begin to hate weapons that can't hurl you across the map, for no reason pretty much.

It will never be taken out though because it's a movement based utility bug, just like rocket jumping and grenade jumping.

I don't HATE coptering, but I understand why people dislike it from an actual viewpoint that makes sense.

It also rewards rushing and gives you tunnel vision.

I don't see how it makes any other movement useless. Anyone who uses a Loki could just use Maglev and Rush and be faster than most things. Anyone using Maglev at all is faster than most things. You say it makes any other movement useless but unless we're talking about the Fang Prime or the Dual Ichor, I'm pretty sure it makes the Melee worthless because of the amount of speed mods you need to put on it. 

I don't understand why the players who don't like rushing chime in, then. Mainly because it doesn't make sense to me, this whole game seems to capitalize on the speed of things. Especially missions like Rescue and Interception where being able to copter actually is kind of needed. 

Also, you have to run from corridor to corridor to corridor, endlessly. You're kind of supposed to rush. Staying in one tileset for long periods of time in anything that isn't defense is counter intuitive and... Well... Not what you're supposed to be doing. Survival being another exception because you have to stick around LS. But not really at the same time because killing enemies gets you life support and at times, you could kill enough enemies that you don't need to hit the large LS at all. 

This is also why we move in cells and not small armies of ten. A group of four people can move faster, and more quietly than ten. We're also to be taking advantage of this and being quick with our missions that aren't defense, survival, or interception.

That's all fine and well, so why not focus on something like, oh I don't know, parkour which is currently in the game, being neglected for coptering across entire tiles? Coptering is NOT needed, I don't know where you get this from. I can't think of a frame that isn't able to get from point to point in an interception mission fast enough to help out their teammates (If you're talking about playing solo, you're already asking for a challenge, I mean it's a 4 man mission and you're doing it alone what the hell are you expecting? A magic bug that lets you zoom around the map on one of the slower frames in the game? Come on!) Ugh. "You need to rush, you need to do this, you need to do that!" All it takes is some common sense to realize that this is a bug that a vast majority of people feel that they need because the current movement and parkour systems are actually lacking.

I'd be very happy about this change. I wouldn't even care if they up'd the energy consumption to like, 10 ps floating, 30 ps moving and 50 consumption short boost. I mean... Imagine how badass a frame would look if they're just using their energy to fly or something. Especially like, Zephyr. It would make her even more of a flying frame but whatever. It'd look awesome.

Besides. My Excalibur already looks like Hollow Ichigo to me. 

Bu99St7IEAQmHo6.jpg

I don't see the resemblance. 

Because it centralizes weapon selections.

It kills any chance of slower weapons EVER being used seriously for most people.

And the thought process of "this weapon can't copter therefor it is 100% inferior no questions asked" is impossible to stop once you get a good weapon that can do this and then level other weapons.

You begin to hate weapons that can't hurl you across the map, for no reason pretty much.

It will never be taken out though because it's a movement based utility bug, just like rocket jumping and grenade jumping.

I don't HATE coptering, but I understand why people dislike it from an actual viewpoint that makes sense.

It also rewards rushing and gives you tunnel vision.

I have honestly no idea what you mean. I use the Dragon Nikana, Hate, Fang, Dakra, Ether Daggers, and Obex. I use a mirade of weapons. 

The Nikana and Hate can't copter, I use them anyway. Why? Because they have high slash damage and I put gas on them and use them to kill infested. 

The Fang can copter, but I can't hit anything with those slide attacks so I don't use it, I use it for it's puncture damage and add corrosive to decimate grineer. 

The Obex has high impact so I put magnetic and toxic on it to own Corpus. 

My point being if they only use stuff like the glaive, ichor, and fang prime, they're obviously not good players anyway. They're not using their weapons to their full potential and if they rush and die, don't revive them. No biggy. 

That's all fine and well, so why not focus on something like, oh I don't know, parkour which is currently in the game, being neglected for coptering across entire tiles? Coptering is NOT needed, I don't know where you get this from. I can't think of a frame that isn't able to get from point to point in an interception mission fast enough to help out their teammates (If you're talking about playing solo, you're already asking for a challenge, I mean it's a 4 man mission and you're doing it alone what the hell are you expecting? A magic bug that lets you zoom around the map on one of the slower frames in the game? Come on!) Ugh. "You need to rush, you need to do this, you need to do that!" All it takes is some common sense to realize that this is a bug that a vast majority of people feel that they need because the current movement and parkour systems are actually lacking.

I did say coptering was kind of needed, you are right, but I just mean the speed of it. Sure, they could remove it but what you need is the speed. Being a Rhino trying to run from T4 intercept D to B so that they don't capture it... Basically, you won't make it. Especially since it's a thing that enemies can walk to a panel and look at it while shooting you and capture it within 2-4 seconds. Unless you have Rhino Charge and duration. 

In a case like Frost, he probably won't make it. Hell, Excal with no Rush can't make it. His sprint is 1.1 and trust me, I've logged too many hours on Excal to not know that he will not make that run fast enough. 

So, what I'm saying is you're right. The Parkour and Movement systems are lacking and right now, we are filling those holes with coptering. Which is why to me, I don't understand why people hate it so much. It would make more sense to me if instead of preaching about "Remove coptering! Remove coptering!" They said "Make us faster! Fix the movement system! Allow us better speeds without needing to copter!" And copter would die. It would die very quickly when people realize it's just a waste of time after that. Then they could say remove coptering, because then it would just be there and useless and we could fill coptering with... My earlier post about Bringer light or someone elses idea or energy movement or something. 

When you copter its fine (you use copter-able weapon) When other is coptering and you dont have that copter-able weapon its not fine. 

In determination of this phenomenon, the rush also gets to the player without copter-able weapon.. When I play and see anyone who is behind I go behind them to make sure this feeling is not something that makes them want to leave and never come back. The problem with coptering is not the coptering itself, but the gravity point of wich it can be balanced on. Either its gone, or it stays. And it stays, but by that. It means the player of witch has to obtain the same kind in order for this not to be a problem. Same for the other counter. 

Dont hate the game, hate the player. 

When you copter its fine (you use copter-able weapon) When other is coptering and you dont have that copter-able weapon its not fine. 

In determination of this phenomenon, the rush also gets to the player without copter-able weapon.. When I play and see anyone who is behind I go behind them to make sure this feeling is not something that makes them want to leave and never come back. The problem with coptering is not the coptering itself, but the gravity point of wich it can be balanced on. Either its gone, or it stays. And it stays, but by that. It means the player of witch has to obtain the same kind in order for this not to be a problem. Same for the other counter. 

Dont hate the game, hate the player. 

I understand what you're saying. And that applies to most people. To me, though, it does not. I watch people copter and usually end up passing them. I don't copter, I mainly use the Nikana and or Hate and there aren't any good tilesets to slingshot on with the Nikana, so I just use a good rythme of butt sliding. 

I understand what you're saying. And that applies to most people. To me, though, it does not. I watch people copter and usually end up passing them. I don't copter, I mainly use the Nikana and or Hate and there aren't any good tilesets to slingshot on with the Nikana, so I just use a good rythme of butt sliding. 

Even with the Nikana it's still a useful move. You can fling yourself off a ledge and use a spin attack to pull yourself back onto a lower level, or turn a sharp corner in midair.

coptering is stupid, it makes some warframe skills uselss. Here is a faster than speed of sound copter build: Dual Ichor with berserker, fury, quickening, equip it with valkyr and max out power strength on warcry buff. Better than Nova's Wormhole.

i've given up on explaining people why coptering isn't the problem, their reasons are always:

it looks ugly!

i'm slow and it makes me feel slow!

people do it then die ahead and then complain (how is this even coptering's fault!?)

it makes everyone use copter weapons and not melee!

i've argued plenty, now, now i'll just point and laugh while quoting "coptering is here to stay". since reason obviously doesn't work

edit: and it bothers me when people suggest "copter builds" that don't even use copter weapons, it's like they don't even know what they're complaining about. like the guy above.

try putting that setup on an amphis or dual zorens before you put it on an ichor

Edited by (PS4)CrimsonShinku

Coptering is bad because:

1) I trivializes the other fun skills like wall running, sliding, etc. along with other "movement skills" like Excalibur's Slash Dash, Nova's Wormhole and others.

2) It narrows weapon selection/mod loadouts

3) Looks dumb.

4) In a game where the tanky frames aren't used much outside of defense missions because they get left behind, lose all credits, because the rushers refuse to wait those extra 20 seconds at the exit it just separates the gap (Rhino + Arcane Vanguard is the exception).

5) Rushing through also trivializes the gameplay/combat for a co-op game that you want the team to stay together and fight.

All in all, I wouldn't mind coptering if it weren't for the rushers and the ability of them to rob their teammates of co-op, xp, etc. In general I view rushers as only one step above those AFK: i.e. leeches.

Edited by PlebbyMilliner

Well to be honest in the game of Warframe you will either find nice players that share and have fun or People who are complete jerks that are very selfish..

^^ Tell me how I miss read this ! Lol . Just my luck...

Edited by SIFTGOD