Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why Do People Dislike Coptering?

(PSN)theelix

I like it, especially the slow frames without rush. You idiots actually means it makes more sense to equip rush all the time and play fast frames rather than coptering. Coptering offers a good alternatives for slow frames without rush, a change to the imbalanced speed difference. Think about ordinary rhino and rhino prime with vanguard. For people with normal rhino and don't want to spend too much money or time, copter makes there game more playable without feeling a slow pain in the as

They attempted a fix in the past by decreasing stamina, and it was met with angery players... I was one of them :D

The main problem is this...

Melee needs updates

and slow down systems need tobe added.

Look at it this way you play as a fast warframe, and they play as rhino. Their style is rhino, and your style is some super fast sleek warframe. Your going to leave them in the dust as you murder everything. They won't be able to keep up, and they won't get any exp. Then you argue "change your warframe" WELL TOO FRIGGIN BAD. Some of us are happy with our warframes. Personally I switch between Excalibur, Volt, and Ash so I never have this issue. Just that some people prefer the heavy style over us sleeker, and more scenario controlled warframes.

I can understand too. Maybe they are sick of G3, maybe they are sick of Zanuka, or maybe their gear, and mods arent up to par yet to handle situations in faster warframes.

If the rhino has no way to keep up then we screwed them over. The only way to remedy it would be to slow down players intentional with hazardous enviroments.

the games is almost entirely sitting in tight spots and spamming ults to blow up masses of enemies. Linear missions for a regular veterans are only occasional alerts and some void runs for prime parts. So you have plenty of occasions where you're useful as a slow tank.

I have to say i dislike it due to the fact you are forced to use such a small choice of melee weapons if its not the Dual Fang/zoren/Ichor good luck not been left behind as they fly across the map.

Bo prime, Dakra prime, Dual ethers and Kamas, even Silva & Aegis. You can copter with most of the melee weapons, I copter pretty much on all missions but I still kill a lot of stuff, I just do it faster. If I see someone get downed I copter like crazy to go back and 90% of time I'm there in time to revive.

You're missing the fact that I am talking about rapidly spamming it over and over again, every single step, every single mission, so repeatedly it irritates me.

I don't mind that either. To me, it is no different than players running constantly, or butt sliding constantly. Or Zephyr's spamming tailwind. Or old me spamming Rhino Charge. Etcetera. Barring its removal, nothing is going to stop players from spamming whatever speed aid we have. It getting a new animation isn't going to stop this. Stamina nerfs sure as hell aren't going to stop this (what with it being better for stamina conservation and all). I'm not against it getting a new animation as long as I happen to like the replacement. I am against preventing it from being spammed (as that impedes my ability to use it for attacks in addition to the obvious), and I am totally against it being completely reworked and turned into pretty much any of the things that have been suggested in this thread so far.

most copters dont even shoot anything, just going all over the place looking for extraction and being afk untill objective is done (in example, exterminate)

I have never seen anyone do this.

Edited by SquirmyBurrito

the games is almost entirely sitting in tight spots and spamming ults to blow up masses of enemies. Linear missions for a regular veterans are only occasional alerts and some void runs for prime parts. So you have plenty of occasions where you're useful as a slow tank.

I am not bashing tanks, nor the use there of. I am pointing out the main number 1 reason why Coptering exsist, and why it will continue to exsist. Also where in there did you get Rhino=veteran? Just about any warframe can be equally as, or far more damaging to the enemy in various ways including direct damage, stunning, or scaring to even damaging over time, or stopping, and damaging at the same time... or turning them into health after death, or explosives.

Alot of players use faster warframes, and tend to blow Rhinos away. Its a beginners warframe once a player gets a high enough rank. Thats why its such a high rank to get in the first place. Its the easy mode Warframe, but absurdly slow, and prone to being left behind which leaves a bad after taste in most player's mouths if they are new.

so... COPTERING. Anyway would be easier if they was a fancy animation for each weapon, and that they just gave us a special sprint in melee mode. Fix pretty much a large majority of problems.

most copters dont even shoot anything, just going all over the place looking for extraction and being afk untill objective is done (in example, exterminate)

Wow... do they have an AI coptering for them? Pretty sure an awesome BOT hasnt been invented yet for you to go afk while an AI makes you copter around without the player being there.

Is coptering just a sprint+crouch+melee ?

I do have unfortunate experience of having people on the team who just head for extraction and me having to do the rest of the mission. Encountered this the most on the invasion maps, i guess people just get really sick of replaying the same map 5 times in a row.

Edited by kiteohatto

Is coptering just a sprint+crouch+melee ?

I do have unfortunate experience of having people on the team who just head for extraction and me having to do the rest of the mission. Encountered this the most on the invasion maps, i guess people just get really sick of replaying the same map 5 times in a row.

Is that really surprising? When everything you do in the game is grinding or farming of course people will use all those ''exploits''(even if the devs confirmed that it was now a feature).

The Coptering mechanic and other movement comboes are what support the highly mobile melee assassin combat style. Coptering isn't just a rushing tactic. When you are skilled with it you can become very precise and choose whether you want to dash 30 feet or 3 to get that perfect slice on a flying osprey. Incorporating these techniques as well as wall-running and skimming on the edges of map geometry feels very rewarding and unlike any other game I've played. It's the most fast-paced and visceral 3D combat around. And folks that play warframe strictly as a cover shooter may not be able to understand this.

Edited by Ryjeon

If they were to detach the weapon speed component from it and give it it's own animation I would be completely fine with it.

As of right now I am only annoyed because it looks ridiculous (Animation is alright, but the fact your Warframe just stands strait up after as its soaring is just silly). Also the fact that it limits weapon choices, as in if it can't copter don't bother taking it for anything outside of defense / survival, cause you won't be able to keep up.

I do like it as a gameplay thing, it also feels fun. I think they need to make a solid call on it and either full on make it a thing or remove it completely, and not have it in this halfway point of is it a bug or feature that it is in now.

I love coptering, i think the 'complaints' are coming from the same people who killed inficlimb and complain about lack of realism. These are just the people who want to turn warframe into another call of duty clone, and they should be ignored.

Warframe should stay wacky and fun and full of little quirks that make it original like coptering, realism be damned!

I love coptering, i think the 'complaints' are coming from the same people who killed inficlimb and complain about lack of realism. These are just the people who want to turn warframe into another call of duty clone, and they should be ignored.

Warframe should stay wacky and fun and full of little quirks that make it original like coptering, realism be damned!

Call of Duty and realism in the same sentence, wow.

Seriously we use antimater,vortext that send you god know where and stomps that stop time and the freaking gravity.

I can't believe zoren copter is what some people find the least realist. 

Sooo I should be ignored because I don't agree with something? Seems reasonable. 

I mean I listen to feedback, I don't say that people shouldn't have their complaints completely ignored.

Oh and btw, I am not one of those people who wants warframe to become a CoD game. If it ever becomes that, I'll leave it faster than I did the body of JFK...

Wait I shouldn't have said that.

Bunny flying either needs a new animations.

2. In Parkour 2.0 become obsolete due to methods that make you go faster.

3. Be removed in Parkour 2.0 because it makes it Obsolete.

4. Be changed so it works with all weapons, all weapons can copter at the same speed.

5. Be removed.

6. DE just ignores it because they don't give ****** and are to busy working on Parkour 2.0.

^ all these can be silghtly changed to intergrate into a discussion about bunny sliding.

I call them Bunny sliding, and Flying, because they are the equivalent of bunny jumping. Bunny jumping is spamming the jump  button to move faster, and is used in allot of games.

Warframes version of it is sliding and Coptering.

To be honest i don't really care about sliding and coptering, but they are not needed in the game.

Just like infinite wall running, its not needed it just lets you get places with ease, and makes less weapons universally useful.

It doesn't need to be removed, but it can if the DE wants it removed, i personally wouldn't mind it being removed because it would give you more reason to use heavy weapons, and rushing would be less effective.

Edited by Feallike

If the attack speed component of coptering was taken out the entire heavy melee meta would change. The best way to play with a heavy melee weapon would be to constantly copter around. 

Coptering-ablility is just another way that melee weapons are differentiated. The D.Nikana is powerful, but it doesn't copter so good. The [insert good coptering weapon here] is weak but good at coptering. 

Coptering does not limit weapon choice. Coptering is never a requirement therefore you are always free to completely ignore it.

Edit: I'm sorry Feallike, but 'bunny flying' sounds ridiculous. 

Edited by SquirmyBurrito

Bunny flying either needs a new animations.

2. In Parkour 2.0 become obsolete due to methods that make you go faster.

What parkour 2.0? :(

3. Be removed in Parkour 2.0 because it makes it Obsolete.

Once again what parkour 2.0

4. Be changed so it works with all weapons, all weapons can copter at the same speed.

From the moment they are on Bo prime/Amphis level I don't mind

5. Be removed.

DE pretty much said it's here to stay.

6. DE just ignores it because they don't give ****** and are to busy working on Parkour 2.0.

Or they don't care and are not working on it.

^ all these can be silghtly changed to intergrate into a discussion about bunny sliding.

I call them Bunny sliding, and Flying, because they are the equivalent of bunny jumping. Bunny jumping is spamming the jump  button to move faster, and is used in allot of games.

Warframes version of it is sliding and Coptering.

To be honest i don't really care about sliding and coptering, but they are not needed in the game.

Just like infinite wall running, its not needed it just lets you get places with ease, and makes less weapons universally useful.

It doesn't need to be removed, but it can if the DE wants it removed, i personally wouldn't mind it being removed because it would give you more reason to use heavy weapons, and rushing would be less effective.

Honestly I don't see why people want to make rushing less effective. I don't think people don't like heavy weapons because of coptering, they just don't use them because their stats are not that great anymore. 

Galatine was one of the most used weapons,and it was certainly not for it's coptering abilities.