Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Does Anyone Know If De Will Let Us Change The Ui Back In U15?

Escantell

Not trying to start arguments about it, but it hurts my eyes, so id like to go back to the old. Does anyone know if they are considering at least giving us an option to look at the old starmap, armory, ect.  I dont mind the ship, but if i could go from there to the old menus it would be great. 

As I've said in previous threads about this - while I'm no UI programmer, I'm 99% sure it's not just something you can flip a switch on and off of whenever you want. They reworked pretty much everything from the top down, and likely many, if not all, of the UI elements currently in the game would probably not be compatible whatsoever with the old UI.

Edited by DJ_Redwire

If there's only 1 thing I regret about the new UI... is the epic squad poses at the very beginning of the misions. I WANT MOAR EPICNESS

Yes, all those entirely mismatched weapons...

I wouldn't mind the dioramas coming back! Though I'd much rather all be on the same ship with friends before that.

As a PC player...ignore people saying it was done for consoles. It was done because the game is evolving. They want to get social hubs going, and want the game to feel more immersive, hence making it feel like you have your own ship and can walk around it. I prefer the new layout, regardless of mouse or controller. I always disliked the 'grid', and keeping a party together after a mission was a pain. The old UI needed to be updated.

PC gamers should not have to suffer at the hands of a UI clearly designed with console porting in mind.  That's what this UI was made for, regardless of what the UI devs spewed in their hour of fame.

Why are you guys always so quick to try to pin everything on console users? Just curious.

The new UI is sleeker, more polished and less confusing. How does that translate to "goddamn console peasants ruining everything again!"?

Other features that need refinement are the elements that haven’t made a transition into the new UI; such as Clan/Friend list and the Codex.  It’s also important to note that the UI isn’t simply just a means of interacting with the game’s menus, it’s also a tremendously important part of Warframe’s networking between missions, lobbies, and various zones.  As such, we have no way of simple ‘turning off’ the new UI so that players can switch to back to the old.  It’s gone for good, folks.

Why are you guys always so quick to try to pin everything on console users? Just curious.

The new UI is sleeker, more polished and less confusing. How does that translate to "goddamn console peasants ruining everything again!"?

Because in gaming world, we are lowest of lowest cast people, if something changes the way pc players dont like it and it happens to be multi-platform, its easy to blame low cast people for it :(

PC gamers should not have to suffer at the hands of a UI clearly designed with console porting in mind.  That's what this UI was made for, regardless of what the UI devs spewed in their hour of fame.

the UI is unisex platform , they said it on the UI dev stream.

Because in gaming world, we are lowest of lowest cast people, if something changes the way pc players dont like it and it happens to be multi-platform, its easy to blame low cast people for it :(

I can understand blaming the PS3/360 for a cross-gen game looking muddy on the PS4/XB1. I can even see blaming the XB1 for slightly holding back a PS4 version of a game graphically.

But another platform causing a UI change? Come on.

Not trying to start arguments about it, but it hurts my eyes, so id like to go back to the old. Does anyone know if they are considering at least giving us an option to look at the old starmap, armory, ect.  I dont mind the ship, but if i could go from there to the old menus it would be great. 

With the new UI the ESC key is your new best friend. Lol I honest have never pushed esc key so many times in a game b4, this is a record breaker.

I can understand blaming the PS3/360 for a cross-gen game looking muddy on the PS4/XB1. I can even see blaming the XB1 for slightly holding back a PS4 version of a game graphically.

But another platform causing a UI change? Come on.

Sad times isnt it? I remember way back in days of xbox,ps2 and cube when every one could live in harmony, looked down others way less and were happy about others... I want to go back those days.

The UI needed to be updated badly this is coming from a player whos been with warframe since it was open to the public. I love the new UI since it is now part of the game rather being some out menu list. When I go to a planet now it feels like I went to the planet, rather then simply clicking a place on a star chart.

Edited by (PS4)DaReapa