Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Come And Get It! (Valkyr's Warcry)

Rankii

So I've been playing a lot of valkyr lately and I noticed something: All that armor, melee-focus and her final ability really go to waste in a game where most of the factions would rather shoot you than wade into clawing range of a bunch of ancient space 'ninja'. It just feels like a disappointment when melee 2.0 gave us more to work with. So I was thinking that valkyr's Warcry could also draw some attention similar to Loki's Decoy and Saryn's Molt, rather than lower enemy speed. Doing this would give the skill much more utility, since right now it's just a good buff/subpar debuff.

Open for debate, of course, but what's your opinion on it? How would you give valkyr a taunt-like ability?

This could actually complement her Power Set very well.

Warcry to draw aggro/buff offense, Hysteria to be able to deal with the aggro,  you could Ripline any far away targets like snipers into melee range. Forgot her other power, sorry :( just built her, but I'm looking to have fun specializing and customizing my loadouts for her.

It's paralysis, which basically throws her shield at enemies to stun them. Naturally it's also a great melee-range skill.

Edit: meant to quote Alphahorseman but I flubbed up.

Edited by Rankii

Even if it did draw aggro the problem is she would still have to close the distance because just like with Djinn's fatal attraction, enemies with ranged attack(most enemies that exist in the game) would just shoot from range and not get closer.

what i really can't understand about valkyr is... you have the higest base armor, you can increase your armor even further...and then your 4th ability makes you invulnerable? ...well, that's stupid xD

anyway, i'm diggin the idea of aggroing nearby enemies

Even if it did draw aggro the problem is she would still have to close the distance because just like with Djinn's fatal attraction, enemies with ranged attack(most enemies that exist in the game) would just shoot from range and not get closer.

True, true. At least there'd be some use for taking the heat off of allies, though.

A lot of people have already mentioned it but Paralysis... even with Zero Shields it has the stun utility and melee multiplier. (Berserker and Organ Shatter friendly not needing True Steel or a Crit chance weapon.)

WarCry is a better Team and Pod Defense buff with Max Power Strength, but the power cost is high, active time is low, and WarCry does is not a Slowing Aura and only applies the CC AoE on initial cast.

If you want decent CC from Paralysis -pair with Natural Talent, Handspring, and Rush. Just jump slide and cast Paralysis in the air - can be easily spammed again for CC.

With the 400%melee buff you get easy mode Life-steal with better efficiency than using WarCry.

Paralysis can also be more Melee team friendly as it does not throw teammates melee combo timing off. Warframes with low Armor, like Banshee, fair better with the Paralysis stun rather than the WarCry armor buff.

Maybe if Hysteria or WarCry created an Armor Link to nearby teammates. (I personally would like it on WarCry, but for balance reasons it would make more sense to give sonebteam utlilty to Hysteria either Armor or Damage link to protect nearby teammates while losing Ranged attack ability. Armor Link preferred as it would be less Game breaking.)

I could get behind this is Hysteria didn't already make you invulnerable... Then again, another problem is as you said that enemies are more interested in shooting you. Even if you have the enemy's attention, they will be actively trying to run away from you, so even if you get the enemy's attention, all you'll do is draw fire from your teammates, and it won't really help you in closing in on targets. 

Unless there's some slow-aura or something. 

WarCry would be better as a Slow Aura rather than instant cast AoE slow. It has a timer limit and thus cannot be spammed.

But Valkyr basically has 3 Capture friendly powers. Rip-line can pull enemy or self-towrads enemies. WarCry is an instant cast AoE slow (would be much more useful as Slow Aura for duration of WarCr). Paralysis is a basically free AoE stun.

The easiest to pair with a Hysteria is Paralysis as Natural Talent, and Rush allow you to run down enemies and Paralysis spam with reserve energy to recast Hysteria. Even a full Power Strength build can be used without Flow or Efficiency mods.

Attack speed can be via Berserker with melee weapon on Paralysis affected enemies before entering Hysteria.

But for some welcomed Team Utility for Valkyr would be WarCry having the Slow changed to a Slow Aura for the duration. And Hysteria changed to an Armor Link to nearby teammates - (Giving a reason to build for Range on Hysteria)

Valkyr specters are very effective at stunlocking players with paralysis, just watch it.

I dont need watch it, i have been outplayed by valkyr specter, but she cheated, first she rip-lined me, as soon i got up, she did paralysis and when i got out of that stun, she rip-lined me again. Whata #$&(%, but i cant stay mad at her. She is my love frame :) OP Good idea, but its slow-down effect pretty much quarantees that enemies gets locked down melee, especially if your sentinel has coolant leak. But it would be really fun.

WarCry would be better as a Slow Aura rather than instant cast AoE slow. It has a timer limit and thus cannot be spammed.

But Valkyr basically has 3 Capture friendly powers. Rip-line can pull enemy or self-towrads enemies. WarCry is an instant cast AoE slow (would be much more useful as Slow Aura for duration of WarCr). Paralysis is a basically free AoE stun.

The easiest to pair with a Hysteria is Paralysis as Natural Talent, and Rush allow you to run down enemies and Paralysis spam with reserve energy to recast Hysteria. Even a full Power Strength build can be used without Flow or Efficiency mods.

Attack speed can be via Berserker with melee weapon on Paralysis affected enemies before entering Hysteria.

But for some welcomed Team Utility for Valkyr would be WarCry having the Slow changed to a Slow Aura for the duration. And Hysteria changed to an Armor Link to nearby teammates - (Giving a reason to build for Range on Hysteria)

Id say Valkyr is more of a survival and various defense map friendly frame

She can effectively hold off choke points alone (Perfect for outer terminus and void) and take on enemies face to face that other frames wouldnt be able to go near

This could actually complement her Power Set very well.

Warcry to draw aggro/buff offense, Hysteria to be able to deal with the aggro,  you could Ripline any far away targets like snipers into melee range. Forgot her other power, sorry :( just built her, but I'm looking to have fun specializing and customizing my loadouts for her.

Hysteria really isnt needed

If you have a trinity or Nova Valkyr becomes nearly unstoppable

Loki helps a ton after lvl 80 enemies

Due to the way aggro works in this game, Warcry increasing threat level will just make everyone in the room target you, getting you killed faster.  Also, Warcry's slow is very useful; most people just don't mod for it.   

Id honestly prefer it that way

As long as you use life strike youll be able to stay healthy and alive

Trinity and Nova ensure youll never die as well

Ywah DEL should make Valk into real tank (= draw aggro).

You can pseudo tank this way just by running at the enemy to be fair

Whjen i see someone get knocked down i always run right in between them and the enemy shooting at them

#Valkyrisateamplayer