A Dodge System Would Be Nice

The default key for dodge is tap shift if I recall. It may be labeled in the settings as roll. but still, you dodge by rolling and pressing wsad in a direction you want to go,,can also be combined with flip, tap space and shift together plus wasd will actually cause you do do a leaping flip rather than a roll/somersault.

I've never had any issues with dodging personally. Yeah the magnetic bullets do occasionally still wing me but there are far fewer of them hitting me as I've noticed.

With melee, dodging and blocking are perfect ways to close a gap.

I'm not saying it's 100% useless, I'm saying it could be so much better. It could have "tighter" animations and a faster response.

And I'd rather close a gap by sprint-blocking, slide-melee or coptering right now. Rolling is so slow I could kill 2-3 guys in that same time.

Warframe is a pretty fast-paced game, so I think in order to be relevant, dodge roll should be quicker, and travel further than it does now. I'm thinking of a dodge roll along the lines of "God of War" if any of you know what dodging looks like in that franchise.

The Dera and Supra can be still be dodged with a dodge roll. They do have a bit of travel time, so at least there is a bit of reaction time to dodge (except for very short distances, in which case shooting at them would be the better option to dodge the fire). As for the hit-scan weapons, I hear it is possible as well (which I did try to confirm with rolling around a Frontier Grineer Lancer. Almost all of his shots did not land for some reason). 

You simply moved faster than his tracking. you cant dodge physical bullets, its pure luck, as for corpus projectiles they can be dodged only if you vary your speed or change direction, ai tracks your movement and adjusts angle.

Roll is not needed for either of these and tbh slide works better in both situations.

I've definitely been wanting a new and improved dodgeroll. Even with the sped up dodges from Mirage I still don't feel satisfied. I'm hoping for more practical somersaults or flips kind of like the ones in Mass Effect 3 Multiplayer.

Along with that, another addition I'd really like is the ability to reload, use certain powers and shoot while dodging/parkouring. It'd make the game feel a lot less clunky and I'd actually use the ledge grabs and dodges in combat instead of avoiding them whenever possible.

for me, the only thing that dodging in this game needs is the invulnerability period, like may be a 0.3 sec invulnerability period while dodging would be good..

and about the key config..making it to become like: press 'A-left' or 'D-right' + 'spacebar-jump' to perform a quick side roll just like the S4 league would be nice too..

There is no point using dodging at the moment. 

Wow.  As it stands it can still get you a quick movement left or right behind cover at the very least.  It's a pretty basic system but it confounds me how this is complicated, cumbersome or worthless.  They're not going to have a move you can do at any time that completely evades fire.

Wow.  As it stands it can still get you a quick movement left or right behind cover at the very least.  It's a pretty basic system but it confounds me how this is complicated, cumbersome or worthless.  They're not going to have a move you can do at any time that completely evades fire.

Slide-tapping does it better, and is pretty much as instant and allows you to travel faster/further than rolling does. Neither does it remove control from you for half a second, which in case you were worried about overshooting your target-cover, you can easily prevent by quickly changing direction. 

If you're doing 'dem' fancy daodges' you can do if you aim and press shift, you're pretty much asking to get shot as the OP has already stated. 

Edited by TwiceDead

I actually forgot jumping was even a thing in Warframe for a moment.

Either way, a dedicated button for it would be nice, rather than having to use both RMB and shift.

... Shift.

By default, tapping on it will make you roll in the desired direction, scoped or not. To my understanding, you can also choose to rebind it to a dedicated button instead of sharing your Sprint key.

Executing rolls is not a problem in Warframe at all. I am, however, concerned about their usefulness. 

But we already have a Doge system in place.. we just need a way to get rid of them.

in all seriousness, bind a key to roll (you can bind a key to roll btw), and put yourself near map objects and make better use of strafe.

Edited by DirkDeadeye

... Shift.

By default, tapping on it will make you roll in the desired direction, scoped or not. To my understanding, you can also choose to rebind it to a dedicated button instead of sharing your Sprint key.

Executing rolls is not a problem in Warframe at all. I am, however, concerned about their usefulness. 

You do a different dodge if you hold RMB + Shift, and it's vastly inferior to the regular dodge. It's redundant in every shape and form compared to it's regular variant, despite having vastly fancier animations. I think this is what the OP wanted a dedicated button for. 

And their usefulness is indeed a big concern. 

If you're in the line of fire...you're gonna get shot.  WHAT!?  You mean rolling or doing a flip doesn't make me INVULNERABLE to bullets?  That's crazy!!

Seriously.  Roll or slide.  Decide what's good for you and your situation for playing and in combat.  Both can get you behind cover if you need it or let you dodge a melee attack.  If we have more options for dodging / cover that's would be cool but don't act like this is OMG so broken or totally worthless.

Edited by Amzen

Does the dodge roll even do anything? Any iframes? Smaller hitbox? It never seems to do anything for me. Coptering seems like a way more evasive manuever due to the speed it has.

You can't get knocked down, I think it throws off enemies' aim, and it'll dislodge Leeches and Latchers (because you know, if anything's a threat it's a Latcher)

You can't get knocked down, I think it throws off enemies' aim, and it'll dislodge Leeches and Latchers (because you know, if anything's a threat it's a Latcher)

But it doesn't have iframes does it? I've tried dodging rockets with it and while I did not get knocked down, I still ate all the damage which is really not cool.