Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Alert Longswords And Daggers; Availability Versus Effectiveness

Aktriaz

So, most of these weapons are a little bit better than the Skana, with Jaw Sword, Heat Sword, Ceramic Dagger and Heat Dagger pushing ahead stat-wise by a good amount, making these weapons a good transition from the Skana... if they weren't behind a completely unpredictable grindwall, that could just appear on Pluto. Thanks Obama.

I'm not nescessarily saying these weapons should be buffed, what I'm saying is that a player could potentially grind their way up to MR 6, get Dakra Prime and Crimson Dervish BEFORE this weapon even appears in an alert.

Am I the only one who thinks this is a little weird? The time spent having to wait for one of these weapons to appear, and also the dedication, being a chance it spawns at 3 in the morning. Man, all that work for a weapon only slightly better than the Skana.

I think these weapons should just be moved to the market already. Stat-wise, they're good for starting players, but for some reason, they're unavailable to them.

Trying my best to avoid this becoming a "buff dis plz DE" post, I will still say we are missing mid-game level Longswords and Daggers, (around MR 3) with the jump from all Longswords being MR 0 and then BOOM Dakra Prime MR 6.

TL;DR: whi r lunserds n degirs MR 0 if dey r blokd bi sch a thek rng wol? 

id taek lis tiem tu git dekre prim an crimsun dirvesh den wetin fer da alirt.

jes pud dem in de mirket aredy.

Just read the full post, you lazy Tenno Skum. It isn't that long.

I don't see how this would hurt anything, no one uses the alert weapons anyway. Although I would be in favor of at least making them unique in some way (DE Y U change Jaw Sword from puncture damage to slash damage?).

Edited by Racercowboy

This is just yet another thing that has been ignored in favour of new content.

I would personally like to see them improved, just so that I don't feel like I gimp myself when I choose that beautiful Pangolin sword. Your suggestion is just as viable though and I wouldn't complain.

People complaining about free stuff? AGAIN?

It's free stuff. They are not your personal required arsenal, they are there simply as extras. If they were more powerful, then people would just complain MORE about good stuff "stuck" behind random. Seems people will STILL complain anyway, it seems.

This is just another stupid argument for more Mastery Points.

TL;DR: whi r lunserds n degirs MR 0 if dey r blokd bi sch a thek rng wol? 

id taek lis tiem tu git dekre prim an crimsun dirvesh den wetin fer da alirt.

jes pud dem in de mirket aredy.

(Translation by Rarityframe)

TL;DR: Why are longswords and daggers Mastery Rank 0 if they are blocked by such a thick RNG wall?

I'd take less time to get Dakra Prime and Crimson Dervish than waiting for the alert.

Just put them in the market already!

Allright children. Gather around. Here is the story of how those strange single swords and daggers came to be in the alerts rather than on the market. I heared this story long ago on a livestream as told by Steve the awkward Were-Kubrow.

When they begann to develop Warframe they were toying around with a lot of concepts, including melee weapons. Eventualy however they decided to put more focus on the shooter elements.

So several melee concepts were dropped or left half finished like the blocking system before melee 2.0:

LS12: "It was a romantic idea and we put it in game with Stamina in somewhat haste because we loved the concept, but we have room to explore here. We want to make it more viable."

Among these concepts were also a lot of swords and some daggers that their designers had created (fully modeled), but they weren't sure where to put them, since they didn't wanted to flood the market with a large amount of longswords that blocked out other melee weapons. So instead of locking them away or removing them from the game, they decided to put them into the alerts as a novelity.

So there you have it. That's why a sword version of the Fangs, a dagger version of the Cronus, the sword and dagger of the dual heat sword, the short version of the Gram, a weird looking longsword and the dark melee weapons are only found in the alerts. Because it was their foster home for un-needed melee weapons.

That's also why they don't particular care about making them more stronger.

Now if i could just remember which livestream that was...

People complaining about free stuff? AGAIN?

It's free stuff. They are not your personal required arsenal, they are there simply as extras. If they were more powerful, then people would just complain MORE about good stuff "stuck" behind random. Seems people will STILL complain anyway, it seems.

This is just another stupid argument for more Mastery Points.

You ignore my main point. I'm saying put them in the market, not buff them. Weapons that should make a good transition from the Skana should be readily available, rather than be stuck behind an RNG wall that could just spawn on Pluto.

I'm only MR 10 but have 1500+ hours in this game. I don't care about mastery.

I think Alerts in general may need a rework (reward distribution/what to reward, enemy scaling in alerts etc.), since it does not seem to be reviewed at ever since adding the Nightmare Alert missions. 

this is not the thread for that but...

got all of my I agree