Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Lex Prime Change.

DarkLordX2

Well, after using Lex Prime, for some reason, Lex Prime doesn't show a prime tier, the pistol only have a magazine of 8, average damage, a long reload (2.8 sec), it sounds like Latron, it would be better if the pistol was Auto with a magazine of 15 or 20 and a shoter reload, 2.0 seconds.

Edited by DarkLordX2

Lex prime hits like a truck. I don't think it was ever meant to be a auto pistol. I think of it as a magnum-type pistol. Use it for long range sniping! if you want bullet-0-many try the AkZani

Compared to the Lex:

• Higher overall damage
  • Higher fire rate
  • Higher crit chance
  • Higher status chance
  • Larger magazine
  • looks like a badass nerf gun
Edited by n0lyfe

i'm no nazi but them comas.

Lex prime hits like a truck. I don't think it was ever meant to be a auto pistol.

Compared to the Lex:

• Higher overall damage
  • Higher fire rate
  • Higher crit chance
  • Higher status chance
  • Larger magazine
You Showed him.

For the record, Lex Prime's reload is 2.3s. I believe it's the same as the Lex. The Seer has a 3s reload though or at least about 2.8s.

I think the gun is fine as is, but if you want a more automatic-type gun, Sicarus Prime is a nice alternative (although burst-fire).

*snips*

Have you ever used a regular Lex? Because the prime is a straight upgrade of it just like every other prime variant. Do you expect prime weapons to be totaly different than their base versions or why do you want a semi-automatic magnum type pistol to be an automatic pistol in it's prime variant?

Or is it because it isn't an all dominating secondary version of Boltor Prime?

Sorry if i sound rude, i just want to understand your train of thought that went into your suggestion?

As a 5 forma AkLex user I can confirm this :)

Best alternative to this to keep is the AkBoltos.

AkMagnus holds up pretty well too.

Edited by Othergrunty

The Lex prime is like most primes.  Mild upgrades over the original weapon in most every aspect.  For the aspect of damage per hit, most have ~25-30% boost.

Don't let you expectations for a prime be spoiled by the Boltor Prime.  That weapon is an extreme outlier that received a 125% boost in damage per hit and is long overdue for a drastic nerfing to place it in line with the other primes. (IMO, given the trend most primes follow, the Boltor was probably supposed to have a 25% boost in the damage per hit category and someone at DE made a critical math fail). 

Edited by GeneralArmchair

There's 2 reload speed mods for secondary -_-

Yes and?

It is a pure waste for the Lex Prime to have such a lame and long reload time for a pistol with a small magazine.

For your info, i use Stunning Speed and i feel sad for that pistol. Waste of slot.

Lex Prime is amazing, and for my general purpose build I run Ice Storm and Quickdraw so it functions like a (very) high-powered Lato. The only changes it needs is a slight critical chance buff to make aiming for those sweet headshots even more rewarding, and perhaps a tiny reload speed buff.

Lex Prime is amazing, and for my general purpose build I run Ice Storm and Quickdraw so it functions like a (very) high-powered Lato.

Ha. This reminds me. I recently noticed that design wise the Lato and the Lex Prime have more in common than the Lato and the Lato Prime.

Both have a ring shaped trigger. Both have a similar shaped grip. Both have a tube part underneath the barrel. All while still having a very regular pistol shape. The regular Lex also features the tube and the ring trigger, but has a less rounded appearance than the Lex Prime.

In contrast there is next to no visible relation between the Lato and it's Prime counterpart, except for having a handguard and possible a hammer (not sure if that is one on the Lato Prime). The L Prime actualy resembles the Magnus more than the Lato.

Of course i know the real world explanation for that (see concept art section ingame). But one could easily make the lore theory that the Lato is indeed a faster but low power spin-off of the Lex Prime, which just took the name of an unrelated Orokin ceremonial pistol.

Edited by Othergrunty