Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mystery Box!

Krabat

So what you're saying is a tiny vocal minority of players do not like the system? 201 people out of how many who play Tera? I'm sure the number of people who have bought the things is far higher than that! Okay cool I'm going to say it doesn't matter then. Go whine about starving orphans in darfur not video game cash shops and get off your high horse.

If 50,000 quiet wheels are paying you hundreds of dollars each while being quiet and 200 wheels are being squeaky while paying you a goose egg I wonder if you're going to give two jimmies about the 200 squeaky wheels when you have 50,000 available.

Also you buy the best bots in cosmic break using the gashapon. You can't even earn many of them in-game. Some are only available in the cash shop for a limited time too. Same goes for SD Gundam Force Online. Cosmic Break also has a BBS system not a traditional forum.

How many supernerds that actually care about that kind of junk do you think actually play these games? Being grossly negligent is dumb yeah but implementing reasonable ways to earn more revenue especially when players can earn the same precious virtual pixel items for free by playing the game is the way games stay in business and the way companies hire more developers to make more content for the game. It's a co-op game for goodness sakes it's not like they're going to run around beating you up they're going to team up with you.

I don't know if you realize this, but TERA is still Pay to Play.

I sure as hell don't want to buy that S#&$ when I'm still paying $15 monthly.

Edited by Warpup

no.

What this guy said.

Gambling is already despicable abuse of human faliure to analyze statistics, but inside a game with such "rated" boxes, it's pure and diabolical abuse of Skinner Box mechanics. I rather have DE produce something cool and have me pay for it than literally cheat money out of my pockets with first semester psychology.

And you argument for the poor daddies who can only play a few hours and won't get the 150% multishot mods left and right: Weak. Casual players are casual players. Of course they won't have the most fine-tuned gear. But what does it matter, in a cooperative 4 player party PvE game? People need to learn how to play - gear isn't the first answer to that.

lol man, i'd imagine warframes walking around with top hats and such... would be incredibly silly.

Also your comment just reminded me that his idea would basically be the same as the whole tf2 boxes deal...

Did you play around christmas time? The Grineer got a hat, they got Christmas Antlers!! I was so jealous that i killed many ships worth.

I say no, because gambling is a really shady way of getting people to pay more money than they want to.

"Still not the item I hoped for... I'll just buy 10 more. Should be in one of them then... Not giving up now... I already spent too much on that to give up..."

I think if the gambling system used the in game credits instead of actual money, that would be alright. That way, the non-paying players have an equal chance to recieve good equipment... It'd be better to have restrictions on it like once a day, expensive, or limit how rare/powerful the equipment they recieve can be.