Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

"retrieve" Kubrow Mod Idea

SgtFlex

This is a little cool mod idea I had in mind. I was farming kubrow eggs today, and noticed the kubrows would come out of their den every so often to pick up health orbs, ammo packs, resources, etc. So why not our kubrows as well?

Our kubrows could go around picking up items based on our situation (ex: low health, pick up orbs, low energy, pick up energy orbs, neither, pick up mods/resources in the area)

Also, your kubrow could go retrieve a mod that any friendly marks with a waypoint and bring it back to you. I think this a good way to step up sahasa kubrows in a way.

25463045f5.jpg

(It's actually kinda funny cuz I got this idea from a kubrow that was bringing an item back to his den, but I was in his way so it automatically picked it up when the kubrow came near me with the item in his mouth, then he became all sad and walked away)

Edited by SgtFlex

I agree! But then Carrier will just get covered in dust from never ever being used... But I'm ok with that Kubrows are cute!

I think carrier will still definetly have a use, Carrier can gather everything in close proximity of the player in bundles, but kubrows gather things one at a time but at much farther ranges (at least in my head).

I think carrier will still definetly have a use, Carrier can gather everything in close proximity of the player in bundles, but kubrows gather things one at a time but at much farther ranges (at least in my head).

Good point I didn't think about that.

There must've been some sort of programming snag that prevented this. It doesn't make sense that Sahasa's have the finisher ability when Sunika's are the ones adept at tackling/pinning/finishing. I'm sure it will get added eventually

That would make so much more sense! Why do two Kubrow have the exact same move? Each Kubrow should specialize in something. By giving the Sahasa the same move as the Sunika, it makes the Sunika far less special and useful. I personally think the Sunika is the most useless Kubrow in the game, considering that it is only specialized in capture missions with VIP targets. If the Sahasa couldn't do finisher moves, then the Sunika would rise up to more value, because it's finisher attack would be far more unique. 

This is just my opinion anyway :3

I think most of the Kubrow abilities need to be looked at again. It seems like Sunika's aren't nearly as affective at killing as say the Huras Kubrows (their charge attack completely rekts enemies). Sahasa's have finishers that seem like that should belong on Sunikas as well instead of the Sunikas grabble VIP mod (that mod is completely useless, why waste a mod on a single mission type that isn't even played that often). Sunika's need to be more unique on the offensive, I think the Sahasa's finisher should be replaced with the retrieve mod, and Huras should possibly get it's charge attack moved to Sunikas as well and the Huras should get some sort of other ability