Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Devstream Overview: Tennolive Edition

DE_Adam

Miss our stream of TennoLive 2014?  Don't have the time to browse through the full hour plus of exciting concept art, video reveals, and prize giveaways?  Are you too afraid to look at Steve's pink shorts?  Well you're in luck.  This special Devstream Overview is full of all the awesome content we showed off at Gamescom this year, condensed in an easy-to-read format!

Be sure to check out the link here for a sneak peak into the future of Warframe.

-DE_Adam

I like to imagine that the Grineer trying to accomplish anything makes Tenno so collectively mad that we just learn how to swim on the spot

-DE_Adam

Best line ever

Lotus: incoming transmission from the grineer

Grineer: Tenno SKOOOM!

Tenno: Get ready to swim guys

Edited by Hueminator

Thanks. I just saw images of Steve's weird performance (does he have issues handling german booze?) and feared the video would contain more cringeworthy moments. No offense mister Sinclair. So having a chance to see the important bits is welcome.

Pretty sure the ice set will be the jupiter moon Europa who is famous for being both covered in ice and suspected to potentialy contain life in oceans underneath it. Wait a second!

Either way, if it's Europa it looks like it will go the way of Phobos.

As for swimming mechanic. I assume you guys could simply re-use the archwing mechanics and use it for underwater combat.

New and easier aquirable stances for katana and claws good and fine, but what about Glaive and it's mind breakingly hard to aquire stance? Can't you just throw us a bone and put it on one of the bosses?

Tonfa look great.

Best line ever

Okay. Those two made me laugh.

And you even got the Gundam Wing part, Drew.

Is Gundam Wing the most popular Gundam series in North America or just the most widely known? It seems to be the first one to get referenced when discussing the Archwings.

Edited by Othergrunty

Is Gundam Wing the most popular Gundam series in North America or just the most widely known? It seems to be the first one to get referenced when discussing the Archwings.

I think Wing Zero left an impression on a lot of people.  Real Gundam fans are pro Zeta though.

I think Wing Zero left an impression on a lot of people.  Real Gundam fans are pro Zeta though.

More people would probably be on board with the Zeta if it wasn't for the whiny little A****** piloting it.

The Gundam it self is actually a good suit and better then the Wing Gundam by virtue of having a normal Beam Rifle AND the big &#! cannon. It's just not mechanically or visually as good as ether Wing Zero. Or the Freedom (the real one not that stupid fan-service PoS Strike Freedom). or any of the Exia variants.

Or the Sazabi.

Ha, as someone who's first contact with the franchise was the UC universe i can see why you think so. Those shows are full of nice designs (and a lot of weird ones) and the Zeta stands out as a Gundam which actualy tries to look different without looking weird.

But yeah, big mech with angel wings and dual barreled beam BFG certainly engraves itself in peoples memories.

Edited by Othergrunty

I wonder what's going to become of kubrow breeding. Is it just going to affect class, body type and gender now? (That doesn't seem too bad) Or is the pattern/colour customization going to be some kind of unlock system where you gain access to new ones during breeding? I think that'd be a good middle ground between breeding and having some control on how your kubrows look. (Gotta breed em all basically)

Really looking forward to the Archwings! Although I'm still wondering if the Focus system was scrapped or something.

Edited by Liacu

Best line ever

Now I have the image of hundreds of Hydroids as lifeguards burned into my skull. And thousands of embers, volts and frosts refusing to get in the water. And everyone else begging Saryn not to go into the water and pollute it.

DE Adam confirmed for best. I can definitely see why Wing Zero would be the most widely thought of when considering the Archwing, though.

I was also under the impression that Gundam 00 might have been more generally popular in North America, but Wing was played on Toonami when I was a kid and I remember how big it was, so... it's hard to say.

I maintain that the Archwing is closer in function and general feeling to mechas smaller than Gundams, though I can't say I can complain about anything related to Gundamu.

I maintain that the Archwing is closer in function and general feeling to mechas smaller than Gundams, though I can't say I can complain about anything related to Gundamu.

As long as we stay far away from the absolute travesty that was gundam seed.

Now I have the image of hundreds of Hydroids as lifeguards burned into my skull. And thousands of embers, volts and frosts refusing to get in the water. And everyone else begging Saryn not to go into the water and pollute it.

Hah this made me laugh. +1 to you.

Poor Saryn. She just wants to have fun too.

More people would probably be on board with the Zeta if it wasn't for the whiny little A****** piloting it.

To be honest I'd prefer the grumpy hormonal kid than someone with the personality of a dead llama or someone with the A Flock of Seagulls hair style and the personality of a dead llama. One's annoying and the other is boring, pick your poison I guess. At least Kamille had more visible character growth.

Edited by djentlemenBehold

The Gundam it self is actually a good suit and better then the Wing Gundam by virtue of having a normal Beam Rifle AND the big @$$ cannon. It's just not mechanically or visually as good as ether Wing Zero. Or the Freedom (the real one not that stupid fan-service PoS Strike Freedom). or any of the Exia variants.

Or the Sazabi.

And then there's the RX-0 Unicorn :)