Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Devstream Overview: Tennolive Edition

DE_Adam

I'm actually wondering if Wyrmius is based on the old Gradius games, or if the -ius at the end is just a coincidence.

(Gameplay starts at 1:19)

Either way, I had a nostalgia trip just thinking about it, haha. One of the few games I remember playing on SNES as a kid.

Out of all of this, I'm most excited for Wyrmius!

It brings me much nostalgia of this Super Nintendo game I played as a child called Super Nova:

I'm actually wondering if Wyrmius is based on the old Gradius games, or if the -ius at the end is just a coincidence.

(Gameplay starts at 1:19)

Either way, I had a nostalgia trip just thinking about it, haha. One of the few games I remember playing on SNES as a kid.

It's no match against Darius : Wyrmius has a lifebar! What an heresy!

cranky_kong_04.png

Back then you get hit,you lose a life! And I can assure you that you had to dodge half a level crowded with lightspeed lasers or a screen filled with red dots...

Anyway, nice summary but do we have any news/wip for Mio too?

RedSkittlez, on 17 Dec 2013 - 02:56 AM, said:snapback.png

Faction: Infested

Description:  Sword and Dagger Grip Type (the small dagger part can be used as a whip) - The Mios

A multi-purpose bio-weapon that gorges itself on enemies and can drag targets closer to it using the hook-dagger built into the pommel.

warframe__melee_concept_contest___the_mi

Also, are you also putting every other melee contest weapos that didn't win to the trash? (I "saw" awesome ideas, and I sooo much want nunchuks.)

Out of all of this, I'm most excited for Wyrmius!

It brings me much nostalgia of this Super Nintendo game I played as a child called Super Nova:

*vid*

Weird i got nostalgia from those sounds despite having never owned a SNES or Genesis.

This vid also shows something that seems to be unusual about Wyrmius, which is that you are apperently not pushed by the screen but have constant free movement.

I think Deth Cube would have made a better sentinel for that game, Wyrm's shape just doesn't lend itself very well to it. But i guess they want to push the poor guy a bit, seeing how he is the least used Sentinel.

Edited by Othergrunty

[...]

Really looking forward to the Archwings! Although I'm still wondering if the Focus system was scrapped or something.

It's true we haven't heard anymore of the Focus System since the release of Update 14. Am I the only who remember it was supposed to be part of this update (I guess everybody were too occupied with Kubrows) ? I really want some news about it, please :( ! Any idea of when it will be released ?

Edited by Yesardrahin

Best line ever

Lotus: incoming transmission from the grineer

Grineer: Tenno SKOOOM!

Tenno: Get ready to swim guys

I lel.

There should be a joke about that in-game.

Grineer #1: "Say... You know the Tenno?"

Grineer #2: "Yeah... What about 'em?"

Grineer #1: "This may sound silly but... Do you think they can swim?"

Grineer #2: "I... I don't know, that's a good question."

Grineer #1: "Do you think we're save here? What if the Tenno find us?"

Grineer #2: "I don't think that's going to be an issue. I mean, we're in a heavily guarded base under the ocean." 

Grineer #1: "I don't know man... I think I'm a bit scared of the ocean now."

Grineer #2: "What? There's no reason to be afraid of the ocean, we're Grineer for Vor's sake! Grinee dominance is inevitable."

Grineer #1: "I know... it's just-"

Grineer #2: "And besides, the ocean is beautiful. There's no reason to be afraid of things that are beautiful."

*Grineer #2 points to giant shutter*

Grineer #2: "Behind this window is a world the likes of which you never could have imagined! Think of all the rare and exotic sea creatures. Think of all the deep dark trenches just waiting to be explored."

*Grineer #2 pulls lever. Giant shutter is retracting into the ceiling*

Grineer #1: "Wow... Thanks man, I think I'm feeling a little better now."

Grineer #2: "A brother in need is a brother indeed. Now, I don't think high command will mind if we took a little... sea gazing break."

*Grineer #1 and #2 turn to look at the shutter. There are four humanoid shapes behind the glass*

Valkyr: ...

Loki: ...

Banshee: ...

Hydroid: *Heavy breathing*

Grineer #2: "..."

Grineer #1: "..."

Grineer #2: "Uh...Tenno... skoom?"

*An arrow from a Attica collides with the window and explodes, flooding the room*

Grineer #1 and #2: "AAAAAAAARG"*Glub glub*

*The entire room is filled with water now*

Hydroid: :^)

The end

It's true we haven't heard anymore of the Focus System since the release of Update 14. Am I the only who remember it was supposed to be part of this update (I guess everybody were too occupied with Kubrows) ? I really want some news about it, please :( ! Any idea of when it will be released ?

I think you've been mistaken. Focus was intended for U15. Still, having some words said about it at the livestream would've been nice.

Edited by Liacu

I think you've been mistaken. Focus was intended for U15. Still, having some words said about it at the livestream would've been nice.

In fact, Focus was announced after update 13 for update 14. But later they told they may not be able to make it ready for the update, so there would be a delay (and release in an intermediate update like 14.5). But that was never forecast to be release so much later (as far as I know...) ! That's why I'm surprised...

Edited by Yesardrahin

I think Wing Zero left an impression on a lot of people.  Real Gundam fans are pro Zeta though.

Gundam 00 is probably the most well known with the younger generation in the west now.

Can't wait to see our first Gundam-type Warframe!  *wink*

Ha, as someone who's first contact with the franchise was the UC universe i can see why you think so. Those shows are full of nice designs (and a lot of weird ones) and the Zeta stands out as a Gundam which actualy tries to look different without looking weird.

But yeah, big mech with angel wings and dual barreled beam BFG certainly engraves itself in peoples memories

Yep, this is why I'm asking for the Tigris to be reworked into having a massive blast for two reasons - it's small clip size would be compensated for to keep it viable against a huge mass of enemies, and also, so we can do kinda like the twin buster rifles shot off Gundam Wing, so it's two birds with one stone. :P

Now I have the image of hundreds of Hydroids as lifeguards burned into my skull. And thousands of embers, volts and frosts refusing to get in the water. And everyone else begging Saryn not to go into the water and pollute it.

You definitely do NOT want Volt in the water! He'll fry everyone in it!

I lel.

Grineer #2: "I don't think that's going to be an issue. I mean, we're in a heavily guarded base under the ocean." 

Grineer #2: "What? There's no reason to be afraid of the ocean, we're Grineer for Vor's sake! Grinee dominance is inevitable."

Grineer #2: "And besides, the ocean is beautiful. There's no reason to be afraid of things that are beautiful."

Grineer #2: "Behind this window is a world the likes of which you never could have imagined! Think of all the rare and exotic sea creatures. Think of all the deep dark trenches just waiting to be explored."

Grineer #2: "A brother in need is a brother indeed. Now, I don't think high command will mind if we took a little... sea gazing break."

*Grineer #1 and #2 turn to look at the shutter. There are four humanoid shapes behind the glass*

*An arrow from a Attica collides with the window and explodes, flooding the room*

The end

I could've sworn Grineer #2 was going to break into "Under the Sea" from the Little Mermaid

Now that I think about it, shouldn't the Focus system (even if we don't really know the details) be easier to implement than "going-into-3d-space-mission-destroying-ships-with-mah-Nightmare-sword"?

And now that I think twice about it : does that mean that our ships can't go underwater and we may enter/extract with these in the new underwater levels? (or have a cutscene where we swim to the surface and Ordis take us on a lift)

To be honest I'd prefer the grumpy hormonal kid than someone with the personality of a dead llama or someone with the A Flock of Seagulls hair style and the personality of a dead llama. One's annoying and the other is boring, pick your poison I guess. At least Kamille had more visible character growth.

And yet he didn't develop enough to not make me want to throw him down a fight of stairs. Say what you want about Heero and Setsuna, but I'll take the ones like them, over the A****** like Kamille and Shin anyday. As for Kira. well, he is the second worst mary sue in all of Gundam, so him having stupid hair is really the least of whats wrong with him.

Besides. I was talking about the Mobile Suits them selves, not the characters or the shows.

And then there's the RX-0 Unicorn :)

I thought about tossing the Unicorn in, seemed kinda unfair since it face tanked a colony laser and was all 'pff, that it?' that, and the Unicorns seems likes its got a bit more 'personality' to it, something the Zeta and really, most Gundam don't have.

how did people mix in gundam with the airwing? o.O

The pose at the end is like the one Wing Zero Custom is commonly seen in and the wings them selves are rather similar to the Wing Gundams, if set a bit lower.

Edited by LunarTemplar

I lel.

The end

Well that should be added to the radio on the liset.

Why are so many people taking this opportunity to talk about animae instead of discussing what was shown in the stream???

First and foremost, the Tonfa looks great along with the new combo sets being added for already existing weapons.

I have some major concerns about "Archwing"...  I'm sure 9 out of 10 people are going to tell me to relax because it hasn't been released yet and it'll be awesome, blah blah blah.  The trailer certainly looked cool, but it also looks like they're adding a game mode that looks more like a Warframe themed Starfox mini-game.  I don't really think this is the kind of dynamic content that Warframe needs...  What would have impressed me is if they took the Grineer asteroid tileset and opened it up to zero-G flight with those wings.  Imagine flying through tight corridors that open up into massive caverns 10 times the size of the enormous open rooms in the derelict void tileset.  Take this opportunity to use the wings, expand on the current parkour system and let us see some real acrobatics, but not out in open space in a cheesy animae style arcade space shooter.

Why are so many people taking this opportunity to talk about animae instead of discussing what was shown in the stream???

First and foremost, the Tonfa looks great along with the new combo sets being added for already existing weapons.

I have some major concerns about "Archwing"...  I'm sure 9 out of 10 people are going to tell me to relax because it hasn't been released yet and it'll be awesome, blah blah blah.  The trailer certainly looked cool, but it also looks like they're adding a game mode that looks more like a Warframe themed Starfox mini-game.  I don't really think this is the kind of dynamic content that Warframe needs...  What would have impressed me is if they took the Grineer asteroid tileset and opened it up to zero-G flight with those wings.  Imagine flying through tight corridors that open up into massive caverns 10 times the size of the enormous open rooms in the derelict void tileset.  Take this opportunity to use the wings, expand on the current parkour system and let us see some real acrobatics, but not out in open space in a cheesy animae style arcade space shooter.

I agree with the most of what you said, but not totally. I think the Tonfa and all the new combos will add some new interesting contents, as you said. The idea for using Archwing inside a zero G tileset is excellent, I'd like to see this too. But let's not have prejudice about the open space flight ; let's just wait and see. Maybe it's going to be awesome and be a step in Warframe's evolution. We never know.