Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ps4 Prime Exclusives Are A Bad Idea.

Tiqalicious

After seeing the thread that got moved over to the PS4 section I feel the need to make a thread about this. I think it's a terribly, terribly bad idea to potentially try and balance out the issues some people have with the founder exclusives by creating more prime exclusive frames/weapons that are locked out from a portion of the playerbase.

Primed weapons and frames have become an integral element of the game for most of the playerbase now with everyone waiting for their favourite frame or weapon to get the prime treatment and If DE take this step in order to try and solve this issue it's going to create a non stop circle of animosity between the playerbases as they get locked out of gear they've been looking forward to ever since it became clear that prime items were not going to be a one time only thing. There's also the fact that a lot of founders are going to be left with a bad taste in their mouths if PS3 players get exclusive primed gear without taking the risk on Warframe's success that founders did. More prime exclusives are a bad idea, the solution to a rift in the game should not be to make the rift bigger.

Edited by Tiqalicious

Did DE say anything about Prime exclusives?

If so, then I too think this would be a horrid idea.

A thread has just been made in the PS4 section discussing the possibility of PS4 prime exclusives rather than obsidian ones, hence why I felt the need to create this thread in response.

I think prime exclusives would be terrible. (IM A PS4 PLAYER SIGNED IN ON MY PC ACCT ON THE FORUMS).

Why add fuel to the fire? What I would like to see is compensation of some sort; perhaps an easier way to get a specific item? That way it's not exclusive, but consoles have an easier time.

I also feel like it bears pointing out that a discussion on PS4 players potentially getting primed exclusives is the sort of conversation that the entire playerbase deserves to be included on, rather than locking it away in the PS4 section and making this thread even necessary.

I think prime exclusives would be terrible. (IM A PS4 PLAYER SIGNED IN ON MY PC ACCT ON THE FORUMS).

Why add fuel to the fire? What I would like to see is compensation of some sort; perhaps an easier way to get a specific item? That way it's not exclusive, but consoles have an easier time.

Compensation?

For what?

For people not being Founders? Everyone had their chance, including PS4 and XBone players.

@OP
Exactly my thoughts.

You dont get parity by making the issue worse.
And as I brought up in the PS4 thread before it got moved: what will happen when a large section of the PS4 players favorite frame and weapons are suddenly exclusive to the Xbox1?  I bet they will complain just like they are now and it'll create a very nasty and endless loop.

I can see and understand cosmetic exclusives.
I'm perfectly fine with that.
Let the PS4 and Xbox1 players get fancy skins and stuff.
That doesn't affect the game and I dont care.

From what I've heard, PS4 players had a week long window some unspecified time before the PS4 release.

Nope.

Compensation?

For what?

For people not being Founders? Everyone had their chance, including PS4 and XBone players.

See above. PS4 Console players never had a chance for founders items.

Edited by NearlyDedicated

Okay, but how about Founders that were wanting to transfer their stuff to PS4? There was initial word that sure, your stuff from PC can migrate to PS4 no problem, then months upon months of waiting for the caveat to appear that the weapons and Excal Prime now can't make the migration.

Then don't play a gimped version of the game.

Erm…what?

As far as I know, Founders is only available to those on the PC.

He's meaning that those people had the chance to come on PC and get the founders item while they were available.

Anyway, while people would still be butthurt over that they can't have the bling of the founder primes, there should be a way for PS4 and soon Xbone players to earn the 12k mastery, maybe through a special quest (New PC players would be able to do it too) and get the mastery that most seem to care more about than the actual items.

Just an idea.

That got locked for a reason, either because it wasn't supposed to have been public because someone goofed, or it's not happening and someone got hopeful.

It wasn't actually locked, it's just that PC users can't post in the PS4 section of the Forum.

That got locked for a reason, either because it wasn't supposed to have been public because someone goofed, or it's not happening and someone got hopeful.

It wasn't locked. It was moved to the PS4 section for PS4 players to discuss. It's still open for them to talk about.

-snip-

This is, by far, the most sane idea I've come across. 

Then don't play a gimped version of the game.

Gimped? I actually enjoyed the PC version of the game; I'd far rather have constant updates and glitches than few-and-far-between updates with no glitches. It gives a chance to be involved with the development, rather than being fed a finished product.

Yes, I know that Sony is in charge of when updates go out -- not DE. So the situation is null. But the fact remains - I would much rather have a "gimped" version. I'd play on PC still if my computer could handle it.