Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ps4 Prime Exclusives Are A Bad Idea.

Tiqalicious

Please, feel free to make an example, what legal trouble they might have?

Its said in user agreement, that any and all aspects of the game are owned by DE, you dont even own your account, its their property.

Also they mentioned dozens of times, that al aspects of the game are a subject to change.

I payed the same money for GM as you and got every Prime Access, because I love this project and want to support it. If DE wishes to make Excal Prime available on console... well, I have mine, I dont care. I will care, if consoles will get something like Nova Prime, that will be locked from me.

Thats all. Oh, and I couldnt care less about people on PC, who had a chance but missed it. Consoles never had a chance to begin with.

https://warframe.com/news/founders-program-ending-nov-1

It was stated over and over and OVER again that these items would NEVER be appearing again.

If they re-released the gear they could be sued for false advertisement and if enough founders decided to do so, it could cause serious ramifications for the company. Founders gear is NOT coming back.

I personally think the whole thing was a bad idea but that doesn't mean I'm not aware of the consequences of going back on their word. It just won't happen.

I couldnt give less fcks about them getting the stuff. What I simply cant accept is that people say"give us founder program" bla bla. The pc community made PS4 possible. Give them the excal prime. But dont call it founder or anything. Let them have a prime acces. Let them buy the damn thing. I simply cant see those threads anymore. DE said that the founder program was exclusive. But for the sake of the whole forum which gets spammed with dozens of bullshi* founder threads every week, make it available for PS4 and xbone so these useless threads will disappear

I'm quite happy with the fact that I missed out on Excaliprime and that he's only for founders.

However If he was brought back for the consoles, but PC still wouldn't have access to him that would be unfair.

And yeah I'm sick of these threads week after week too.

https://warframe.com/news/founders-program-ending-nov-1

It was stated over and over and OVER again that these items would NEVER be appearing again.

If they re-released the gear they could be sued for false advertisement and if enough founders decided to do so, it could cause serious ramifications for the company. Founders gear is NOT coming back.

I personally think the whole thing was a bad idea but that doesn't mean I'm not aware of the consequences of going back on their word. It just won't happen.

Dude,

They can state anything they want. Even if they stated that founders prime gear is unique, so what? You got prime gear as a gift, you havent purchased it. You purchased platinum and got a bonus gift of excal\scana\lato prime. They cant be sued for that. 

And who said about re-release really? Items will have different IDs and even different textures for consoles, they are not coming back on PC. Even is they called somehow similar, they are not the same. Beleive me, I know about it. 

Stop raging really, you`re not loosing anything, only console players will have a chance to get them, while DE will get a chance to get moar $.

Edited by Vicious_D

Dude,

They can state anything they want. Even if they stated that founders prime gear is unique, so what? You got prime gear as a gift, you havent purchased it. You purchased platinum and got a bonus gift of excal\scana\lato prime. They cant be sued for that. 

And who said about re-release really? Items will have different IDs and even different textures for consoles, they are not coming back on PC. Even is they called somehow similar, they are not the same. Beleive me, I know about it. 

Stop raging really, you`re not loosing anything, only console players will have a chance to get them, while DE will get a chance to get moar $.

Textures, models etc nothing really has to change besides bits of codes that would allow it to be on another console. So yeah it would be very much like releasing founder's pack. Exploiting the loop hole of being on another console would be is a terrible idea and would most likely hurt DE's rep because of exploiting this loop hole.

A quote from [DE]Drew during the time of Aklato/Dual skana prime:

Exclusivity does not necessarily extend to variants, but I realise (and players have told me) that those variants could/would feel like a sneaky way to get around exclusivity.

Now consider that putting the founder's gear into another console is not making varients of them but practically copies on to a different console. This is worse then Aklato/Dual skana because they are not varients but straight up copies. Breaking DE's promise to the founders.

Edited by Postal_pat

Primes are more extensive than just reskins so this wouldn't work. Immortal skins tended to be broken on prime skins when they were first released because of this.

A model change then, like the different melee weapon models we can get. Just saying cause people treat those differently to items.

Had one founder complain last time I suggested this, though his logic was flawed-I had to explain the difference between the letter and the spirit of a contract, and why he wouldn't lose out as he would still have access to Excal Prime in a new form.

I feel many players are not getting the correct idea of what it means to be a Founder: Founders gear is exclusive because Founders took a risk at supporting DE when it wasn't exactly certain the game would take off. At that point things could have tanked and our money could've gone up in smoke. You should really view it as exclusive Kickstarter rewards.

Of course PS4 (and new PC , and soon Xbone) players also buy plat, prime access and stuff which supports DE, but it's the same difference between someone funding a game on Kickstarter and someone buying the game in the shop (or pre-ordering). Without the first the game wouldn't have existed in the first place while in the second (and third) case you are already guaranteed you will get what you pay for.

Whether it was a good idea to make a Prime Founders exclusive is another matter entirely but introducing a similar exclusive package to other platforms would be a serious slap in the face of the risk Founders took when they supported DE to have the game made in the first place.

I do hope this clears things up a bit.

Edited by marelooke

I feel many players are not getting the correct idea of what it means to be a Founder: Founders gear is exclusive because Founders took a risk at supporting DE when it wasn't exactly certain the game would take off. At that point things could have tanked and our money could've gone up in smoke. You should really view it as exclusive Kickstarter rewards.

Of course PS4 (and new PC , and soon Xbone) players also buy plat, prime access and stuff which supports DE, but it's the same difference between someone funding a game on Kickstarter and someone buying the game in the shop (or pre-ordering). Without the first the game wouldn't have existed in the first place while in the second (and third) case you are already guaranteed you will get what you pay for.

Whether it was a good idea to make a Prime Founders exclusive is another matter entirely but introducing a similar exclusive package to other platforms would be a serious slap in the face of the risk Founders took when they supported DE to have the game made in the first place.

I do hope this clears things up a bit.

Hell with it, I agree with you -  Founder items are unique rewards for been a PC Founder. But can you stop crouds of angry kidz on PS4 by this statement? I dont think so.

Edited by Vicious_D

It's funny how people say that console players with be up in arms if DE doesn't give them a chance at Excalibur Prime, when in reality their opinion on the matter is a minority of not even a quarter of the player base. Most players do not care and they don't plan on caring.

The majority of players opinions on topics like these are along the lines of "We can't get Excalibur Prime? That blows" or "We can get Excalibur Prime now? Cool. We have to pay $75 for him? Yeah....no thanks."

I still think that prime access accessories should be obtainable through plat.

buying the whole thing is just expensive.

Well, the point of accessories is that not all people have them and makes u special. You can get all the items\gear without plat, but have to pay for accessories. I think its logical.

I still think that prime access accessories should be obtainable through plat.

buying the whole thing is just expensive.

It's funny I had an idea like that (minus the plat). Arfter a prime access is over put the accessories into a sperate store at full price (prime access always has that little sign that says total value but doesn't sell the packs at that price to lure people in). The prime access would be considered a limited time deal mean while the back up store is there so people can still purchase those items but at full price because you missed the limited offer of prime access (DE can fiddle around with promotional sales and what not). You would of course have the option of buying the packs or buying items seperatly. Seperatly they would cost less then what the bundle does so more people would buy into it.

Edited by Postal_pat

Well, the point of accessories is that not all people have them and makes u special. You can get all the items\gear without plat, but have to pay for accessories. I think its logical.

The prime access exclusives~

Tech. mini downsized version of the founders prog. 

Which is not really a good idea tbh.(I mean c'mon look at all these threads about exclusives popping out these days)

Having to add new exclusives every prime access would only make more players upset.

Why can't they just let us pay plat for the said accessories? (I for one would pay extra If I had too)

The prime access exclusives~

Tech. mini downsized version of the founders prog. 

Which is not really a good idea tbh.(I mean c'mon look at all these threads about exclusives popping out these days)

Having to add new exclusives every prime access would only make more players upset.

Why can't they just let us pay plat for the said accessories? (I for one would pay extra If I had too)

Because they kinda need to make money...

Just give them a chance to pay for PS4 and XBone Founders and give them THE SAME stuff for THE SAME OR HIGHER price.

Why do you worry so much about NOT interferring platforms will get exclusive prime stuff? You wont ever see it, and if they`ll get the same prime stuff, why not?

I only vote against exclusive-to-their-platforms prime gear, I dont care if they get the same as I got for being a Founder. They have a right to have Founder Access too, since release on their platforms was later.

And DE sure have right to get moar money from kidz fans of Warframe on PS4 and XB.

Not only does this violate DE's statements that the founder's items are exclusive and would never be coming back, but it also just ends up pissing off the non-founder PC players who missed their chance at the first founders program and then didn't get a chance at the bastardized version that DE re-released on consoles.

"They have a right to have Founder Access too, since release on their platforms was later."

-No, they don't. They are not entitled to the founders items in any way. Please, explain your reasoning.

I couldnt give less fcks about them getting the stuff. What I simply cant accept is that people say"give us founder program" bla bla. The pc community made PS4 possible. Give them the excal prime. But dont call it founder or anything. Let them have a prime acces. Let them buy the damn thing. I simply cant see those threads anymore. DE said that the founder program was exclusive. But for the sake of the whole forum which gets spammed with dozens of bullshi* founder threads every week, make it available for PS4 and xbone so these useless threads will disappear

That would just end in the forums being spammed by the PC players who missed their original founders program and the founders who now feel betrayed because DE went back on their word. Changing the title of the pack does not change the fact that the items that were promised to be exclusive (numerous times) were being re-released.

Dude,

DE did not say 'these items are never coming back on PC' they said they were never coming back. You're trying to exploit a loophole that does not exist. 

Hell with it, I agree with you -  Founder items are unique rewards for been a PC Founder. But can you stop crouds of angry kidz on PS4 by this statement? I dont think so.

The best way to stop the greedy console kiddies who are clamoring about begging for the founders items is to tell them no and make a statement (similar to the one I posted). DE does not need to (nor should they) appease the console players at the expense of some of their oldest supporters.

The game has been founded, there is no need for a console founders program. Those items were promised to be exclusive, there is no need to go back on their word to sate the greed of a newer group of players.

tl;dr

Ok dude, I agree with your anger, and you seems like you have heavy weight within DE company, please go tell Steve to not to re-release Founders for consoles. He sure will listen to you.

And I think I wrote multiple times already, what I`m talking about - I couldnt care less about consoles getting Excal Prime, I care IF they`ll get another Prime that I wont be able to get.

What will anger you more - Excal that you have, or Prime that you wont be able to get?

Ok dude, I agree with your anger, and you seems like you have heavy weight within DE company, please go tell Steve to not to re-release Founders for consoles. He sure will listen to you.

And I think I wrote multiple times already, what I`m talking about - I couldnt care less about consoles getting Excal Prime, I care IF they`ll get another Prime that I wont be able to get.

What will anger you more - Excal that you have, or Prime that you wont be able to get?

You need to stop accusing people of being angry whenever they point out the holes in your logic. Nobody is raging at you, they're just trying to point out the incorrect assumptions you're making.

You need to stop accusing people of being angry whenever they point out the holes in your logic. Nobody is raging at you, they're just trying to point out the incorrect assumptions you're making.

Well, when people write something like "DE SAID THEY WILL NEVER RELEASE THEM AGAIN!!1111" its not rage? And I never said people rage at me, they rage at DE for this decision.

You`re wrong, I`m not accusing anyone, I agree that its a bad idea, but can you offer another one for DE? Or make them change their mind? No?

Also, please, do explain. where are holes in my logic. No one actually did that. All I heard was rage.

You`re GM too, so you actually may care less about Prime items gets new life on consoles. Do you think, that my last statement is wrong - 

It doesn't matter what would angre them more because either one would angre the community greatly.

If you give another console Excal prime you break DE's promise setting off nearly all founders and enrage some already angered PC players that want Excal prime.

If you give them a different prime it sets off the whole community on the opposite console.

Either one is a bad idea. Reinforce a firm statement from DE that says console exclusives won't happen. This was done for the founders on PC and is working considering what it was like last year-start of this year.

Edited by Postal_pat

It doesn't matter what would angre them more because either one would angre the community greatly.

If you give another console Excal prime you break DE's promise setting off nearly all founders and enrage some already angered PC players that want Excal prime.

If you give them a different prime it sets off the whole community on the opposite console.

Either one is a bad idea. Reinforce a firm statement from DE that says console exclusives won't happen. This was done for the founders on PC and is working considering what it was like last year-start of this year.

I believe DE actually monitor such threads and do understand it. But do you really think that minority of Founders are a matter for them? Yes, PC players are at least 8 times more huge community, but console players is a new market for them, they have to make huge promises for them too.

And if (AND ONLY IF) this is inevidable, I`d prefer them to have Excal Prime, then to give them another exclusive Prime. Thats MY opinion, understand it. I dont agree with giving consoles exclusive Primes (because consoles already have exclusive stuff), but its not our choice to make. We can make countless threads, it wont change DEs decision. At least I dont think it will.

Well, when people write something like "DE SAID THEY WILL NEVER RELEASE THEM AGAIN!!1111" its not rage? And I never said people rage at me, they rage at DE for this decision.

You`re wrong, I`m not accusing anyone, I agree that its a bad idea, but can you offer another one for DE? Or make them change their mind? No?

Also, please, do explain. where are holes in my logic. No one actually did that. All I heard was rage.

You`re GM too, so you actually may care less about Prime items gets new life on consoles. Do you think, that my last statement is wrong - 

No it's not rage, it's people repeating themselves in the hopes of getting you to understand their point. De HAVE specifically made up their mind and the decision they came to, that they have repeated every time this conversation pops up is that the items from the founders pack will not be coming back in any way, shape, or form. It's been said in forum threads right before a lock. It's been said in devstreams. Despite all this, the conversation pops up again and again with people like yourself saying "just give them it" when DE keep saying themselves that it just isn't that simple and will not be happening. That's the hole in your logic, because you're presenting giving founders items to PS4 players as the only reasonable option at this point after DE have stated it isn't an option at all.

As for my status as a founder, I've already stated on the forums that in my opinion locking the excalibur prime down as a founder exclusive was a mistake the moment it became something more than a one off so there's no need to go making assumptions about my opinion on the matter. I'm also the person who started this thread specifically to make the point that primed gear has become an INTEGRAL part of the game and making any more primed exclusives at this point is a very, very bad idea because primes have become a selling point for the game itself.

Warframe = primed gear. Primed gear = warframe. To cut pieces of prime gear off and relegate them to console exclusives now would be to cut away a part of what defines the warframe player experience. It's unfortunate as hell that DE made the mistake of having Excalibur Prime be a founder exclusive but it's also something that's never going to change and we know this because DE keep telling us so, no matter what alternative access people suggest in the hopes of unlocking Excal Prime. If there was no risk whatsoever of DE being sued to high heavens for re-releasing Excal prime I'd vote yes to it in a heartbeat but that's not the case because DE made a mistake here that they simply can't rectify. The reason this topic keeps coming up time and time and time again is that a lot of people aren't happy accepting that it's a situation that can't be rectified, but that's exactly what it is and always will be.

Edited by Tiqalicious

it's people repeating themselves in the hopes of getting you 

I dont need people to explain to me things, they dont understand.

I dont think such people can understand this either, but they can try to read:

8.    Warranty Disclaimer

TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, THE GAME AND ALL INFORMATION, CONTENT AND SERVICES CONTAINED THEREON ARE PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” BASIS WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. DIGITAL EXTREMES EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ANY AND ALL WARRANTIES OF TITLE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OTHER THAN THOSE WARRANTIES WHICH ARE INCAPABLE OF EXCLUSION, RESTRICTION OR MODIFICATION UNDER THE LAWS APPLICABLE TO THIS AGREEMENT. USE OF THE GAME IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK.

NEITHER DIGITAL EXTREMES, DIGITAL EXTREMES' THIRD-PARTY PROVIDERS, NOR ANY PERSON OR ENTITY INVOLVED IN CREATING, PRODUCING OR DISTRIBUTING ANY CONTENT OR SERVICES CONTAINED IN THE GAME, NOR ANY OF THEIR RESPECTIVE DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES OR AGENTS, MAKE ANY WARRANTY WHATSOEVER, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, THAT THE GAME WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR FREE; NOR DO THEY MAKE ANY WARRANTY AS TO THE RESULTS THAT MAY BE OBTAINED FROM USE OF THE GAME OR AS TO THE ACCURACY, RELIABILITY, QUALITY OR CONTENT OF ANY INFORMATION, SERVICE OR MERCHANDISE  PROVIDED ON OR THROUGH THE GAME, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ALL DIGITAL EXTREMES COMMUNICATION FEATURES.

Read the marked words. 

Consult with a loyer, if you dont understand, what does that means. DE can listen to community, but they are free to do whatever they will. Thats why they have full rights to re-release, remove, burn all Excalibur Primes.

My concern, that people ignore to listen, dont know why, blind rage mod in effect maybe, is that I dont want consoles to have exclusive Prime Frame or Weapon. Not like it will ever affect any of this platforms, since people from PC and PS4\XB cant meet each other ingame.

And all that screams that Excal Prime is for PC only pushes DE to the solution you will all hate. But feel free to ignore my words again. I`m not forcing anyone here to be smart and reasonable.

Edited by Vicious_D

It's an aspect of the game. Anything that separates one group from another and affects the gameplay is a bad idea. Whether you like it or not, mastery is an aspect of the game. I'm not even asking for exclusivity; just a quest that will allow you to receive the lost mastery.

Your response is kinda childish, by the way. What's wrong with giving them a quest for mastery? I can't think of one problem.

This isn't going to happen. Sony won't permit it.

Complimentary reminder for the community, myself included.

But the issue is DE's now actually putting some creativity and effort into prime frames. Unlike Excal who has a key nailed to his face. And I. Think the whole idea with an exclusive prime is horrible, founders are the people who got the game to open beta. Without them there would be no Warframe for PS4/PC/X1 so there really is no reason for another one of these. I wouldn't mind a Dek, Vandal exclusive but not a prime exclusive since it's one of main special variants and everyone would want this frame to be primed, so suddenly seeing that there favorite frame is suddenly only for this player base a war worse than Founders war will go on.

I dont need people to explain to me things, they dont understand.

I dont think such people can understand this either, but they can try to read:

8.    Warranty Disclaimer

TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, THE GAME AND ALL INFORMATION, CONTENT AND SERVICES CONTAINED THEREON ARE PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” BASIS WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. DIGITAL EXTREMES EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ANY AND ALL WARRANTIES OF TITLE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OTHER THAN THOSE WARRANTIES WHICH ARE INCAPABLE OF EXCLUSION, RESTRICTION OR MODIFICATION UNDER THE LAWS APPLICABLE TO THIS AGREEMENT. USE OF THE GAME IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK.

NEITHER DIGITAL EXTREMES, DIGITAL EXTREMES' THIRD-PARTY PROVIDERS, NOR ANY PERSON OR ENTITY INVOLVED IN CREATING, PRODUCING OR DISTRIBUTING ANY CONTENT OR SERVICES CONTAINED IN THE GAME, NOR ANY OF THEIR RESPECTIVE DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES OR AGENTS, MAKE ANY WARRANTY WHATSOEVER, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, THAT THE GAME WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR FREE; NOR DO THEY MAKE ANY WARRANTY AS TO THE RESULTS THAT MAY BE OBTAINED FROM USE OF THE GAME OR AS TO THE ACCURACY, RELIABILITY, QUALITY OR CONTENT OF ANY INFORMATION, SERVICE OR MERCHANDISE  PROVIDED ON OR THROUGH THE GAME, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ALL DIGITAL EXTREMES COMMUNICATION FEATURES.

Read the marked words. 

Consult with a loyer, if you dont understand, what does that means. DE can listen to community, but they are free to do whatever they will. Thats why they have full rights to re-release, remove, burn all Excalibur Primes.

My concern, that people ignore to listen, dont know why, blind rage mod in effect maybe, is that I dont want consoles to have exclusive Prime Frame or Weapon. Not like it will ever affect any of this platforms, since people from PC and PS4\XB cant meet each other ingame.

And all that screams that Excal Prime is for PC only pushes DE to the solution you will all hate. But feel free to ignore my words again. I`m not forcing anyone here to be smart and reasonable.

Do you understand that courts of law have specifically ruled against videogame companies who have put stipulations into their EULA to stop themselves from being sued?

Honestly I think if any founders sued DE over this, they never deserved to be called a founder in the first place, since they obviously don't care that they're basically forcing the game to shut down because they couldn't keep their shiny toy all to themselves. The fact that the game is a massive success, and that they helped make it happen should be enough, that and they still get the badges titles and design council access.

Honestly I think if any founders sued DE over this, they never deserved to be called a founder in the first place, since they obviously don't care that they're basically forcing the game to shut down because they couldn't keep their shiny toy all to themselves. The fact that the game is a massive success, and that they helped make it happen should be enough, that and they still get the badges titles and design council access.

Yes but thats all founders would keep, their shiny badges since Design council access is already open to 30 members a month who join the council.

(The two paragraghs below are not directed at the person I'm quoting above, just to let you know)

Not saying that I'm totally against the idea of releasing founders, but maybe an equivalent (like idk "Obsidian" Excalibur with same stats as Excal Prime and a model rework) but yea, excal prime was made before DE decided Primes were a thing to be put properly in game, the Frost Prime bp was originally an event exclusive to an event at the beginning of U8.

So while it might have not been the right call, its happened and people arguing that there should be more exclusive primes are just asking for more arguments from the non-founder PC community and both PS4 and Xbox 1 communities, especially if these new "exclusives" that some PS4 players want are limited time only (which some of you are saying), then people will then complain on how they missed the chance and that it should be released and then some of you guys complaining might end up saying some of the stuff that some of the current founders are saying. Also by having more exclusives, what happens to the non-founder PC guys, what should we do about them with your master plan of "prime exclusives".

Edited by NovusNova