Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ps4 Prime Exclusives Are A Bad Idea.

Tiqalicious

A thread has just been made in the PS4 section discussing the possibility of PS4 prime exclusives rather than obsidian ones, hence why I felt the need to create this thread in response.

It's not happening. Most people in PS4 would agree with you; that it's a stupid idea. There's no reason, no reason at all that PS4 needs an exclusive prime. Excalibur Prime, Skana & Lato Prime aren't PC exclusives. They're founder exclusives, given out to people who came to the closed beta (I believe?). I don't think the PS4 had Warframe that far back, so it's what ever. 

It's not happening. Most people in PS4 would agree with you; that it's a stupid idea. There's no reason, no reason at all that PS4 needs an exclusive prime. Excalibur Prime, Skana & Lato Prime aren't PC exclusives. They're founder exclusives, given out to people who came to the closed beta (I believe?). I don't think the PS4 had Warframe that far back, so it's what ever. 

Closed Beta and the Founders program kinda go hand in hand as you would gain access to the closed beta by purchasing a Founder's pack of a certain level. And it's nice to see a PS4 player who doesn't really care for the Excal Prime for a change.

Closed Beta and the Founders program kinda go hand in hand as you would gain access to the closed beta by purchasing a Founder's pack of a certain level. And it's nice to see a PS4 player who doesn't really care for the Excal Prime for a change.

I care a lot about Excal Prime. I'd love to have that amazing looking frame. ;P But I just know it's not something I should lose sleep over. 

Ok dude, I agree with your anger, and you seems like you have heavy weight within DE company, please go tell Steve to not to re-release Founders for consoles. He sure will listen to you.

And I think I wrote multiple times already, what I`m talking about - I couldnt care less about consoles getting Excal Prime, I care IF they`ll get another Prime that I wont be able to get.

What will anger you more - Excal that you have, or Prime that you wont be able to get?

I'm not angry.

I don't really care whether or not you care. I don't like either idea. If they get Excal Prime, players like me (lowest ranked founders) and other non-founder PC players will likely feel slighted as console players were given something that we will never have a chance at getting purely because they felt entitled and whined on the forums. If they get some other prime you'll have the majority of the PC community getting upset. And when the Xbox community gets added you'll have them whining too.

That doesn't make sense. I don't have Excal Prime. So both will anger me.

Well, when people write something like "DE SAID THEY WILL NEVER RELEASE THEM AGAIN!!1111" its not rage? And I never said people rage at me, they rage at DE for this decision.

You`re wrong, I`m not accusing anyone, I agree that its a bad idea, but can you offer another one for DE? Or make them change their mind? No?

Also, please, do explain. where are holes in my logic. No one actually did that. All I heard was rage.

You`re GM too, so you actually may care less about Prime items gets new life on consoles. Do you think, that my last statement is wrong - 

What will anger you more - Excal that you have, or Prime that you wont be able to get?

Please quote the post where I made that exact statement in all caps with exclamation points and ones following it. You're accusing me of being angry and then backing up your accusation with lies. 

I have already suggested a solution. That being to simply ignore the entitled players who are whining about the founder's items. Giving in will only set a precedent that will lead to many more complaints, a larger rift between the communities, and a demand for numerous platform exclusives.

If you had actually bothered to read my post rather than sweep it under the rug and claim I was angry you'd see what was wrong with your 'logic'.

I believe DE actually monitor such threads and do understand it. But do you really think that minority of Founders are a matter for them? Yes, PC players are at least 8 times more huge community, but console players is a new market for them, they have to make huge promises for them too.

And if (AND ONLY IF) this is inevidable, I`d prefer them to have Excal Prime, then to give them another exclusive Prime. Thats MY opinion, understand it. I dont agree with giving consoles exclusive Primes (because consoles already have exclusive stuff), but its not our choice to make. We can make countless threads, it wont change DEs decision. At least I dont think it will.

False. They do not need to make promises to the console players that could potentially anger their original community. In fact, doing so would lead to more problems than it would fix.

I'm not angry.

I`m a -snip-

Dude,

Been angry kid and feel righteous anger - do you feel the differense? No?

I never called you an angry kid. I feel the same, but unlike other, khm, righteously angered people here, I`m leaving the decision to game devs. If they feel like giving exclusive Primes to consoles, its their right to do so. Wrong? False? Bad?

And concerning someones solution here to ignore the problem - cancer cant be ignored, it must be cured. And I prefer to let the professionals find the cure, not the stup crowd. 

Honestly I think if any founders sued DE over this, they never deserved to be called a founder in the first place, since they obviously don't care that they're basically forcing the game to shut down because they couldn't keep their shiny toy all to themselves. The fact that the game is a massive success, and that they helped make it happen should be enough, that and they still get the badges titles and design council access.

You got my huge thanks for that one.

Yes but thats all founders would keep, their shiny badges since Design council access is already open to 30 members a month who join the council.

Can you please tell me more about it? Design counsil is open for new members?

Edited by Vicious_D

It doesn't matter what would angre them more because either one would angre the community greatly.

If you give another console Excal prime you break DE's promise setting off nearly all founders and enrage some already angered PC players that want Excal prime.

If you give them a different prime it sets off the whole community on the opposite console.

Either one is a bad idea. Reinforce a firm statement from DE that says console exclusives won't happen. This was done for the founders on PC and is working considering what it was like last year-start of this year.

A lot of PS4 members are already upset.

Can you please tell me more about it? Design counsil is open for new members?

It is invite only, and we don't all get a badge.  Pretty sure the badge is just for founders.

You also should not just roll over and let other people tell you what you CAN and CAN'T have on YOUR new console, with YOUR new game

Your telling people not too, yet that's exactly what your telling the non-founder PC community to do with saying that PS4 has to have new exclusive primes that they can never get.

(PS4)KalGerion_Beast, on 27 Aug 2014 - 8:20 PM, said:

Giving consoles exclusive primes is a terrible idea. 

...The only time I would like this idea is if they gave Excal prime to PC community, Another starter prime to PS4 community, and the final to the X1 community.

Of course, this wont happen cause Mag Prime is already obtainable in-game. 

You just contradicted yourself...

Giving consoles exclusive primes is a terrible idea. 

...The only time I would like this idea is if they gave Excal prime to PC community, Another starter prime to PS4 community, and the final to the X1 community.

Of course, this wont happen cause Mag Prime is already obtainable in-game. 

And you know how many people will be pissed if it's Volt Prime (considering he's the only non-prime starter right now)? Many, me included. It would be best for a unique skin/mesh than another exclusive Prime, especially because of the part they play in the game now.

Your telling people not too, yet that's exactly what your telling the non-founder PC community to do with saying that PS4 has to have new exclusive primes that they can never get.

well you tell me what the alternative is, because at the end of the day, me and a lot of others on PS4 are currently locked out of content, to which we did not get the chance at, I have also come to the decision after reading other peoples input, that yes it would not be fair on any user, no matter what their preferred system is to be locked out of content. This I feel is DE's problem, no matter what they decide to do I'm sure not everyone will be happy.

Edited by (PS4)D-onlinekilla-4D

L

O

L

To this entire thread thinking they have any argument that makes it ok to release founder packs again

L

O

L

This is another example of a person who gives founders a bad name, and should have their title and everything else wiped from their account. This kind of behavior is just unacceptable, and coming from a person who, in a community where there isn't really ranks between players besides moderators, founders, and normal players, is acting more rude and immature than a kid is just pathetic and sad.

This is another example of a person who gives founders a bad name, and should have their title and everything else wiped from their account. This kind of behavior is just unacceptable, and coming from a person who, in a community where there isn't really ranks between players besides moderators, founders, and normal players, is acting more rude and immature than a kid is just pathetic and sad.

+1 and totally agreed, giving the more mature members of his community a bad name IMO

And I think I wrote multiple times already, what I`m talking about - I couldnt care less about consoles getting Excal Prime, I care IF they`ll get another Prime that I wont be able to get.

This guy ^^ is the reasoning for me in changing my outlook on this topic,, massive +1, and also a great example of how a grand master should behave, sir you deserve a Boltor prime bp, first run!

Edited by (PS4)D-onlinekilla-4D

+1 and totally agreed, giving the more mature members of his community a bad name IMO

I know what you mean, and I don't know if it's just the rude ones are more vocal, or that's how the majority are, but it's sad to see the people who should be among the most respected members of this community reduces to a bunch of little brats.

Actually its just an example of someone who looks at the situation from all angles and laughs when people think it'd be fair to re-release the founder pack to a select few of people while excluding everyone else. And when people have no idea what a founder actually is.

But yes lets strip a founder of their "title" because of this since they have done nothing to help sponser, support, or push this game out of its kickstarter phase so that you can play it

well you tell me what the alternative is, because at the end of the day, me and a lot of others on PS4 are currently locked out of content, to which we did not get the chance at, I have also come to the decision after reading other peoples input, that yes it would not be fair on any user, no matter what their preferred system is to be locked out of content. This I feel is DE's problem, no matter what they decide to do I'm sure not everyone will be happy.

This. This is DE problem, created by themselves only. There was never anything preventing them from releasing Excalibur Prime - due to user agreement. And there's nothing still. Hell, there's the super-safe route - rename 3 founder items into Founder Excalibur, Founder Lato and Founder Skana and sometime down the line create actual Primes with new models and stats as actual part of in-game set.

Thing is, I've been talking to DE staff about this and their position seems to be - PS4 never gets Excalibur Prime, but new PS4-exclusive primes are ok.

As it stands now, new PC players are punished for being late - that's a discussion for another topic - but PS4 players are punished for playing on PS4. Any developer deserves to go out of business for even considering disgusting BS like this.

Skins as PS4 exclusives after this founder fiasco are essentially a spit in our faces. There are 2 solutions - offer founder primes on PS4 like on PC, or offer 3 different PS4 exclusive primes. Both solutions make versions equal, both solutions are acceptable. And while I agree that former is miles better, DE seems to only accept 2nd solution.

I also have my suspicion why it's now. See, Xbox have a policy of content parity. What this means is that they MUST offer either founders items or 3 equivalent items on xbone. Unless microsoft made an exception specifically for DE. Do you really think they did? Now I suspect that just like when I said Sony won't allow founder items transfer I'll be told that I'm wrong. 

Actually its just an example of someone who looks at the situation from all angles and laughs when people think it'd be fair to re-release the founder pack to a select few of people while excluding everyone else. And when people have no idea what a founder actually is.

But yes lets strip a founder of their "title" because of this since they have done nothing to help sponser, support, or push this game out of its kickstarter phase so that you can play it

This is exactly what I mean, rude and immature. Acting like just because you have a little money to them you're automatically better than every other player, and that without your money this game would have went nowhere. This game may have taken if a little slower, but I gave no doubt it would still be a success without people like you.

Nobody cares about the title, the badges, or any of that. What we do care about, is having a frame that is completely unobtainable, and stopped being sold two weeks before the PS4 version launched. PS4 players have been shorted in a lot of areas, and this right here was the first of many screw overs. Don't get me wrong, they're still miles better than most devs, but they need to do something to make it up to us after all the bull we've put up with. And the first step use correcting their mistake regarding the founders program.

This is exactly what I mean, rude and immature. Acting like just because you have a little money to them you're automatically better than every other player, and that without your money this game would have went nowhere. This game may have taken if a little slower, but I gave no doubt it would still be a success without people like you.

Nobody cares about the title, the badges, or any of that. What we do care about, is having a frame that is completely unobtainable, and stopped being sold two weeks before the PS4 version launched. PS4 players have been shorted in a lot of areas, and this right here was the first of many screw overs. Don't get me wrong, they're still miles better than most devs, but they need to do something to make it up to us after all the bull we've put up with. And the first step use correcting their mistake regarding the founders program.

I wish I knew about this before I've started playing. I wouldn't have spent any money on dev with this disgusting attitude. And now the game is dying already.

Eh. I had like 40 people to play with, 8 in my clan. Now only 2 are playing...

I wish I knew about this before I've started playing. I wouldn't have spent any money on dev with this disgusting attitude. And now the game is dying already.

Eh. I had like 40 people to play with, 8 in my clan. Now only 2 are playing...

It's sad because this is only the first thing. Rhino prime access being short 1675 platinum, no legendary cores, the massive disappointment of an exclusive accessory, the severe lack of them at all when pc has a mile long list... and so on.

I love DE, and I think they're a great company, but they need to focus on righting the wrongs that plague our community, instead of just throwing every bit of effort into their golden child. We're the starving little step child who gets their step bothers scraps.

Can't say I love them. More like disgusted. I will never touch any other game by them, that's for sure. It's just ditching this particular game when it already cost more than a PS4 is...  I mean, where were you shopping for your gaming needs dude? Who ripped you off so hard you love THIS developer? A lot of Android/iOS gaming or what???

On the other hand, I now feel much better about buying EA and Activision games. I had my reservations about them this year, but after seeing BS DE pulls I've realized that they're not half bad.

After playing and spending over 150 on the atrocity that is ghosts, you'd be praising DE too.