Ps4 Prime Exclusives Are A Bad Idea.

Can't say I love them. More like disgusted. I will never touch any other game by them, that's for sure. It's just ditching this particular game when it already cost more than a PS4 is...  I mean, where were you shopping for your gaming needs dude? Who ripped you off so hard you love THIS developer? A lot of Android/iOS gaming or what???

On the other hand, I now feel much better about buying EA and Activision games. I had my reservations about them this year, but after seeing BS DE pulls I've realized that they're not half bad.

After playing and spending over 150 on the atrocity that is ghosts, you'd be praising DE too.

well you tell me what the alternative is, because at the end of the day, me and a lot of others on PS4 are currently locked out of content, to which we did not get the chance at, I have also come to the decision after reading other peoples input, that yes it would not be fair on any user, no matter what their preferred system is to be locked out of content. This I feel is DE's problem, no matter what they decide to do I'm sure not everyone will be happy.

Look, I never said I was against the founders stuff coming back (If I did then I mistakenly wrote that), but I've tried (along with some others) with the suggestion of obsidian Excalibur but you guys seem to have completely ignored that and gone off with the either PS4 exclusive or founders or I leave.

And well your right, it is DE's problem and most likely there will be a party that will be unhappy at the end of this. Just to say don't paint all founders or mature members of the community with that we are all "rude and immature".

I will trade my Excal, Lato and Skana prime for the actual real exclusive in this game...

The Braton and Lato Vandal.

EDIT:  You could become a founder for like 6 months or more.  With the Lato and Braton Vandal you had to know about DE before Steam brought it to the masses and even if you were in the mythical closed beta you had to log in at a specific time to get these 2 ultra rare exclusives.

Edited by Nickeltoe

This guy ^^ is the reasoning for me in changing my outlook on this topic,, massive +1, and also a great example of how a grand master should behave, sir you deserve a Boltor prime bp, first run!

Haha, thanks, good to see at least 1 sane person in this topic, who gets the picture.

Look, I never said I was against the founders stuff coming back (If I did then I mistakenly wrote that), but I've tried (along with some others) with the suggestion of obsidian Excalibur but you guys seem to have completely ignored that and gone off with the either PS4 exclusive or founders or I leave.

Such topics are just rage generators, most people ignores any attempts to reason with them. But Obsidian or even Golden with Plush finishers Excalibur wont do any good I`m afraid. People want blood exclusives for PS4. I can understand it. What I cant understand, why DE even started that... if they re-release this, there will be no way back, they`ll have to re-release all other "retired" gear, all wraiths, vandals etc. Because - why not?

Such topics are just rage generators, most people ignores any attempts to reason with them. But Obsidian or even Golden with Plush finishers Excalibur wont do any good I`m afraid. People want blood exclusives for PS4. I can understand it. What I cant understand, why DE even started that... if they re-release this, there will be no way back, they`ll have to re-release all other "retired" gear, all wraiths, vandals etc. Because - why not?

True but DE already said they were going to release the event weapons in future events (as said in one Devstream "they are in the vault") so the only thing right now DE is holding the exclusive flag to is the founders and the braton and lato Vandal. But yea, I can't understand why some of the founders are always so unwilling to at least talk with the PS4 players first instead of immediately shouting them down.

But yea, I can't understand why some of the founders are always so unwilling to at least talk with the PS4 players first instead of immediately shouting them down.

I only seen 1 thread where a new PC player was asking where he can get Excal Prime. Tonns of rage... I guess its because what we payed for, payed good, I mean Masters and Grand Masters. Releasing Excal Prime for consoles might be not that bad, if we at least are to keep Scana and Lato. I believe there is not much demand for them, though they are much more of a status, then Excal.

Again, I`m against it, but if we are put before fact, that it will definitely happen, I`d prefer Excal over Volt or Nova.

Edited by Vicious_D

True but DE already said they were going to release the event weapons in future events (as said in one Devstream "they are in the vault") so the only thing right now DE is holding the exclusive flag to is the founders and the braton and lato Vandal. But yea, I can't understand why some of the founders are always so unwilling to at least talk with the PS4 players first instead of immediately shouting them down.

Because there's no actual argument in favor of not releasing those items on PS4. So the ones against it are mostly trolls and console haters. And the fact that so far DE embraces this trash is just revolting.

For the record in the past I've seen pc founders agree that as long as people on PS4 pay the same price and can't transfer their item to PC aka re-release on PC is not happening it's ok to release pack on PS4. It's just that amount of console haters is overwhelming and the way DE handled it - hell, they deserve to go under, not have any success. It is said - never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity - but the whole situation is just over the top. I honestly don't remember anything of the sort ever happening.

Well, there's 1 example, ESO locking imperial race behind collectors edition. But again, they offered it on every platform and did not limit. 

Because there's no actual argument in favor of not releasing those items on PS4. So the ones against it are mostly trolls and console haters. And the fact that so far DE embraces this trash is just revolting.

For the record in the past I've seen pc founders agree that as long as people on PS4 pay the same price and can't transfer their item to PC aka re-release on PC is not happening it's ok to release pack on PS4. It's just that amount of console haters is overwhelming and the way DE handled it - hell, they deserve to go under, not have any success. It is said - never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity - but the whole situation is just over the top. I honestly don't remember anything of the sort ever happening.

Cool your jets there high flyer. DE isn't some evil organization hell-bent on slighting consoles. If they are, they're not doing a very good job of it.

Oh, and also; they can't legally re-release founders items. Sorry. They already apologized for the way founders was handled, now it's time for us all to move on. As ever, console exclusive equipment is a bad idea. Releasing more of it would just make everything worse.

This is exactly what I mean, rude and immature. Acting like just because you have a little money to them you're automatically better than every other player, and that without your money this game would have went nowhere. This game may have taken if a little slower, but I gave no doubt it would still be a success without people like you.

Nobody cares about the title, the badges, or any of that. What we do care about, is having a frame that is completely unobtainable, and stopped being sold two weeks before the PS4 version launched. PS4 players have been shorted in a lot of areas, and this right here was the first of many screw overs. Don't get me wrong, they're still miles better than most devs, but they need to do something to make it up to us after all the bull we've put up with. And the first step use correcting their mistake regarding the founders program.

Thats because the little money spent by all founders did help get this game moving forward. You have no idea what a founder actually is.

And i'm not acting like im better than everyone because i'm a founder, that is an assumption you are creating just because i am a founder. 

If you would have taken the time to read all the posts of why ps4 exclusive gear wont work you wouldnt have to repeat the same arguments that have been said millions of times. But because i have a strong feeling you wont read any of the previous posts / threads ill provide you with a couple reasons.

-Ps4 players are not the only ones who missed the founder packs, there are many pc players as well who missed their chance to get it. DE should not exclude a group of players and compensate the others because of the problems it would create.

-Founder packs were kickstarter packs, they were released to help fund this game and get it pushed forward. The gear provided by them were neither game breaking or gave unfair advantages. It is no ones fault if the player missed their chance to obtain one of these founder packs for any reason and is why compensation for it is not needed.

And for ps4 getting shorted in many area's like you said; you need to realize that Sony plays a part in that as well, DE has full control over their game on the PC but on the ps4 they have to go through Sony before they can do anything.

The only reason this is even a huge deal is because the community consists of too many people that whine when they cant get what they want. They have become to accustomed to DE giving everyone so much and now expect them to give everything.

Well, there's 1 example, ESO locking imperial race behind collectors edition. But again, they offered it on every platform and did not limit. 

2 Things:

1: How have you not been banned for dev bashing

2: why the hell do you still play and post on the forums with so much rage? You chose your poison. You could have had excal prime if you had chosen differently in your gaming platform.. So much rage and so much hatred oozing from all your posts, you should do something more constructive with that energy ;)

well you tell me what the alternative is, because at the end of the day, me and a lot of others on PS4 are currently locked out of content, to which we did not get the chance at, I have also come to the decision after reading other peoples input, that yes it would not be fair on any user, no matter what their preferred system is to be locked out of content. This I feel is DE's problem, no matter what they decide to do I'm sure not everyone will be happy.

The only content you are locked out of is the same content most PC players are locked out of. Which is founder's gear and depending on what DE decideds possibly closed beta gear. Everything else is in the works trying to get out to the community.

It's sad because this is only the first thing. Rhino prime access being short 1675 platinum, no legendary cores, the massive disappointment of an exclusive accessory, the severe lack of them at all when pc has a mile long list... and so on.

I love DE, and I think they're a great company, but they need to focus on righting the wrongs that plague our community, instead of just throwing every bit of effort into their golden child. We're the starving little step child who gets their step bothers scraps.

Again with the Rhino thing find me a link to any report from warframe about this or it is just a personal problem. Legendary cores was a one off thing for a mistake DE made. Since DE can't update PS4 automaticaly without going through Sony you guys missed out blame Sony.

Recent quote from [DE]Drew about L cores:

Perhaps I am being mistaken for a different crewman! Legendary Cores could someday be given out on PS4 for one reason or another.

As for that "long list" it's being worked on to release all those items to the whole community.

Second paragraph: How dramatic can one person get.

Pretty much this^ they could get away with their own console exclusive skin (still needs to be better then the obsidian yomo) for the regular Excal set.

Edited by Postal_pat

I get just the since entitlement for you not saying your are you're five off that vibe. Like yea de shut down the founders program before the ps4 was released but they warned us like a month or so in advance idk. The founders pack where going directly to them when they had them and it probably didn't fit the bill with what Sony had going on. And as someone who plays pc and console an exclusive a prime exclusive is a bad idea 1 because de would be going back on their word. What does it really matter are you missing out on something sooo important that it deserves this much attention?

Dude,

Been angry kid and feel righteous anger - do you feel the differense? No?

I never called you an angry kid. I feel the same, but unlike other, khm, righteously angered people here, I`m leaving the decision to game devs. If they feel like giving exclusive Primes to consoles, its their right to do so. Wrong? False? Bad?

And concerning someones solution here to ignore the problem - cancer cant be ignored, it must be cured. And I prefer to let the professionals find the cure, not the stup crowd. 

Can you please tell me more about it? Design counsil is open for new members?

I am not currently angry nor was I at the time that I typed that post.

The PS4 players are not cancer, nor is their whining about this subject. Their whining is a headache, and one of the easiest ways to deal with a headache is to simply ignore it. Yeah, it will continue to hurt for a bit but it will eventually go away. I am a professional problem solver, I have provided a cure for this problem.

I don't remember the Design Council being declared exclusive...

Edited by SquirmyBurrito

Because there's no actual argument in favor of not releasing those items on PS4.

"I paid 50-250$ for an exclusive item that I was promised would be impossible to obtain once the founder's program ended - this is my reward for buying into the game early when its future was uncertain and I had no real reason to believe it wouldn't go under in six months. Now people want to whine about how they can't get it now? Why do they deserve access to the reward I earned for taking a risk on Warframe in the beginning?"

Not that I necessarily endorse the logic above, but it's certainly valid logic. Personally I don't much care about whether PS4 players can get Excal Prime and suchlike. Hell, it's not like Excal Prime is even particularly good.

Can you please tell me more about it? Design counsil is open for new members?

Yeah. Every month or so, the commods and Rebecca/Drew/Megan go through forums and find people who provide valuable feedback and offer them the chance to join the design council.

I don't believe these guys get access to council chat like we do, but otherwise they have everything council access implies.

Again with the Rhino thing find me a link to any report from warframe about this or it is just a personal problem. Legendary cores was a one off thing for a mistake DE made. Since DE can't update PS4 automaticaly without going through Sony you guys missed out blame Sony.

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/201479-ps4-prime-access-insight/

We were understandably worried about the next Prime Access. Paying the same amount and getting less than PC players made a lot of people angry. Drew also posted that there were no plans for compensation either. PS4 players weren't too happy about that.

Edited by (PS4)The_Moustache

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/201479-ps4-prime-access-insight/

We were understandably worried about the next Prime Access. Paying the same amount and getting less than PC players made a lot of people angry. Drew also posted that there were no plans for compensation either. PS4 players weren't too happy about that.

They explained why there was a difference in the amount of plat. Their reasoning was solid and the result of the PS4 community's complaint regarding the ember pack.

Edited by SquirmyBurrito

They explained why there was a difference in the amount of plat. Their reasoning was solid and the result of the PS4 community's complaint regarding the ember pack.

Yes, they did and they did the Loki Access the right way on PS4 by dividing the plat between the Teleport and Accessories pack instead of shorting us again. We should never pay the same amount for the same things and get less than a PC player. To say there wasn't a problem with how the Rhino Access was done on PS4 is wrong.

Yes, they did and they did the Loki Access the right way on PS4 by dividing the plat between the Teleport and Accessories pack instead of shorting us again. We should never pay the same amount for the same things and get less than a PC player. To say there wasn't a problem with how the Rhino Access was done on PS4 is wrong.

My apologies I didn't know about this news. Thank you for brining a link.

Though why people are brining it back up if the problem has already been fixed in the latest prime access? It's pointless to bring it back up besides to make people fear the next prime access. The main thing you would have to fear is if the parameters in which DE is allowed to operate change but if they do you will most likely hear about it.

Haha, thanks, good to see at least 1 sane person in this topic, who gets the picture.

To be honest I think DE have missed the boat, on making a huge amount of revenue from PS4, by making Excalibur unobtainable to the PS4

And well your right, it is DE's problem and most likely there will be a party that will be unhappy at the end of this. Just to say don't paint all founders or mature members of the community with that we are all "rude and immature".

I apologise for my wording on that post, it could have been better :(

My apologies I didn't know about this news. Thank you for brining a link.

Though why people are brining it back up if the problem has already been fixed in the latest prime access? It's pointless to bring it back up besides to make people fear the next prime access. The main thing you would have to fear is if the parameters in which DE is allowed to operate change but if they do you will most likely hear about it.

Well, some may bring it up because it's, for lack of a better term, the one time DE has screwed us over and never really fixed it. People tend to remember the times they feel they were wronged more then others.

Another small fact, there was next to zero communication between the PS4 players and the staff in the first four or five months of the PS4 release. Rebecca or Megan would show up to post the update notes and event notes, but that was pretty much it. When U12 failed cert, they apologized a few times. When the game first released, PS4 players were making topics wondering if we would get a chance at the Founders packs as well since it was extended for the Steam release and Open Beta, but DE kept silent about it till Devstream...22 I think, while Founders were screaming bloody murder at PS4 players. When the Shamrock and Easter palettes were released, we made topics asking if we would get them, but we weren't told until another stream that we'd be getting an exclusive palette. We weren't even given the reason why they didn't add them in with the Anniversary items update until Drew told us much later. 

Communication has gotten better since Drew showed up, thankfully, but that lack of communication contributed to the feeling that DE didn't care about us console players back then.

I too was one of the first PS4 players.

And I'm inclined to agree that we deserve some exclusive content of out own, also, PC players get all the updates, etc. first.

Why should they have all the fun?

You don't deserve anything more than you have. If you don't understand why the PS4 get's delayed updates you need to do a simple forum search. That has been addressed hundreds of times already. Short version of the story is: Blame Sony and its cert process. 

Your post smells like ignorance and a false sense of entitlement.

I too was one of the first PS4 players.

And I'm inclined to agree that we deserve some exclusive content of out own, also, PC players get all the updates, etc. first.

Why should they have all the fun?

Be glad all the bugs go to PC before you guys get it. PC players try find all the bugs and DE tries to fix them all before it's ready to send to cert. Unfoutunatley many bugs still get through then there is also "compatible" bugs caused by being on a different system. Good luck in finding them.

-snip-

I can see why. Not just because of Sony delays but because so far it has taken two admins and their team of community moderators and translaters just to handel the pc community. I imagine Drew has taken some work of their hands by being an admin for the PS4 community. Hopefully DE has built up enough community moderators that they won't need another admin for xbone.

As for making topics we practically get the same treatment DE won't say anything until they reach a decision which is helped by these sort of threads. Then they make a big announcment of it so everyone knows their stance on this subject.