Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ps4 Prime Exclusives Are A Bad Idea.

Tiqalicious

The idea that "everyone had their chance" is erroneous.

It's also weird - suspicious even - that DE would end the Founders Program mere weeks before the PS4 launch.

No that's just natural paranoia. The original founders from closed beta pushed to have the programe closed as it was meant to be when warframe became open beta and started to stand on it's own feet. By that I mean it could be supported by a large community instead of a small community with large cash donations.

Edited by Postal_pat

After seeing the thread that got moved over to the PS4 section I feel the need to make a thread about this. I think it's a terribly, terribly bad idea to potentially try and balance out the issues some people have with the founder exclusives by creating more prime exclusive frames/weapons that are locked out from a portion of the playerbase.

Primed weapons and frames have become an integral element of the game for most of the playerbase now with everyone waiting for their favourite frame or weapon to get the prime treatment and If DE take this step in order to try and solve this issue it's going to create a non stop circle of animosity between the playerbases as they get locked out of gear they've been looking forward to ever since it became clear that prime items were not going to be a one time only thing. There's also the fact that a lot of founders are going to be left with a bad taste in their mouths if PS3 players get exclusive primed gear without taking the risk on Warframe's success that founders did. More prime exclusives are a bad idea, the solution to a rift in the game should not be to make the rift bigger.

I agree mostly here. I think exclusive content should be obtainable in the future as I do not believe is really a thing. I understand that the founder do did risk but not or less after Beta they should introduce that as well. There are badged that I could see be exclusive as it's like a medal from the event. While Cosmetic stuff I prefer them be obtainable via platin (DE be able to make some money). Even those prime cosmetic should make a return in some way or another (another way for get support with buying).  

However I was made a treat back then in concern this kinda topic too and my point is by the PC migration to PS4 was that they may receive Item/Weapon/Mods/etc that was exclusive there eventually in Update and would be unfair for PS4 player don't even have a chance to obtain, which was only truth for Primed Chamber, which goes through ridiculous amount of platin. As a collector of mods I almost tempted to buy it because I like to have all . however I'm not ready to give up so much money for just a mod, i'm not rich but that mods introduction was just a bad choice. Boar.. that is also a pain though. hehe. I hope DE just re-introduce everything so that everyone is not left out.

No matter what, actual equipment being locked behind money is always a bad idea.

Even though I do not like Warframes money system and how it takes ages to get something I never really felt I was push to but something.

I liked buying a gun or two here but if this game forced me to buy a weapon or frame just to be equal to someone I would feel this game lost its way.

Japan: American allies, we have been through quite the spectacle in the past century with you. You brought us western ideas of open trade, bringing us into the world at large. We went to war on a grand scale. It is now the year 2014, and we are strong allies.

BUT you nuked us that one time 70 years ago and we think we deserve parity for your actions. Our warheads launch in 48 hours.

An eye for an eye makes everybody blind.

Edited by Ionus

Japan: American allies, we have been through quite the spectacle in the past century with you. You brought us western ideas of open trade, bringing us into the world at large. We went to war on a grand scale. It is now the year 2014, and we are strong allies.

BUT you nuked us that one time 70 years ago and we think we deserve parity for your actions. Our warheads launch in 48 hours.

An eye for an eye makes everybody blind.

war and death are quite different than a video game with digital content that someone wants to pay for.

no one will die if ps4 users get an exlusive.

i feel like people dont understand this is just a game that people use during downtime in their very short lives. ps4 users have complained, thats for sure, about the prime exclusives, but has anything really changed? has not having excalibur prime really made anyone life more terrible? i really doubt it. for the most part we move on and play the game like normal, until a topic like this comes up, and then everyone comes in and talk about how it would either: a)great to have him, or b)no, you cant have him. my guess is that when the ps4 users get an exclusive there will be a lot of topics about it at first and then people will just keep playing the game anyway. then every couple of months a new topic will bring it up, and then the cycle will repeat, with people ultimately just going back to playing the game.

its not a big deal, its just a video game.

im honestly surprised people talk about the founders package as being the big limited item everyone wants. when in reality, the excalbur statue is much more limited, and is a product that you can use even after the servers for this game will die.

ps.i have one, so im completely biased to how much cooler it is. :)

im honestly surprised people talk about the founders package as being the big limited item everyone wants. when in reality, the excalbur statue is much more limited, and is a product that you can use even after the servers for this game will die.

ps.i have one, so im completely biased to how much cooler it is. :)

Too jealous. I couldn't afford it. :/

Too jealous. I couldn't afford it. :/

i feel for you buddy :) thats sucks.

im not gonna lie, its really cool. i was able to get it at comic con this year and got it for 10 bucks less there, which was nice. they also gave out some in-game money(5 bucks worth...pc only)and a warframe stick-on tattoo. haha.

i feel like people dont understand this is just a game that people use during downtime in their very short lives. ps4 users have complained, thats for sure, about the prime exclusives, but has anything really changed? has not having excalibur prime really made anyone life more terrible? i really doubt it. for the most part we move on and play the game like normal, until a topic like this comes up, and then everyone comes in and talk about how it would either: a)great to have him, or b)no, you cant have him. my guess is that when the ps4 users get an exclusive there will be a lot of topics about it at first and then people will just keep playing the game anyway. then every couple of months a new topic will bring it up, and then the cycle will repeat, with people ultimately just going back to playing the game.

its not a big deal, its just a video game.

How many people do you think are going to keep on playing when they realise there is now 3 sets of stuff that is exclusive because xbone will probably make this same argument. Consider how the community has already reacted over Excal prime and his set of weapons. Adding another set of exclusives are just going to angre the community even more, add another for xbone and practically everyone will be complaining.

You really think people will go back to playing arfter their favourite frame, weapon etc has been made a prime exclusive on a different console because some PS4 and Xbone players beleive they are entitled to get their own exclusive prime. The same angre would also happen if a new weapon, frame etc would be made exclusively to another consloe. Just as PS4 players are angry now due to PC event weapons.

I restate that PC event weapons won't be exclusive forever DE just needs to find ways of releasing them.

Edited by Postal_pat

How many people do you think are going to keep on playing when they realise there is now 3 sets of stuff that is exclusive because xbone will probably make this same argument. Consider how the community has already reacted over Excal prime and his set of weapons. Adding another set of exclusives are just going to angre the community even more, add another for xbone and practically everyone will be complaining.

You really think people will go back to playing arfter their favourite frame, weapon etc has been made a prime exclusive on a different console because some PS4 and Xbone players beleive they are entitled to get their own exclusive prime. The same angre would also happen if a new weapon, frame etc would be made exclusively to another consloe. Just as PS4 players are angry now due to PC event weapons.

I restate that PC event weapons won't be exclusive forever DE just needs to find ways of releasing them.

they would mostly give it a slight nerf then release them to everyone. I hope the thread gets brought up it the next live stream I would love to here DE's thoughts about this.

Not at all. Saying "oh we have one bad thing, that makes having two bad things perfectly fine" is totally illogical.

Perhaps I quoted too much. I meant I find it ironic that the OP with the founders badge is crying about exclusivity.

Edit: for the record founders packs should stay exclusive. Also, DE made a faux pas when they locked up prime gear in an exclusive pack. They also should not repeat this error.

Edited by (PS4)da-link-went-1

Perhaps I quoted too much. I meant I find it ironic that the OP with the founders badge is crying about exclusivity.

Maybe he's just aware that adding another set of exclusives will do nothing but double the amount of exclusives-related problems we have? It's a truly terrible idea, you don't need to be a founder to see that.

Maybe he's just aware that adding another set of exclusives will do nothing but double the amount of exclusives-related problems we have? It's a truly terrible idea, you don't need to be a founder to see that.

You are 100% right. I'm not advocating for another set of exclusives. Just pointing out irony in the OP's post.

What this ^ Dude said 100%

A negative and a negative do not make a positive we are not in a math class. OP is a founder which means he along with many other people that were here early on know how the community reacts to exclusivity.

DE has picked up on how the community reacts and is working on releasing exclusive items. Founders stuff will remain exclusive due to their support early on.

Edited by Postal_pat

Just PC players deserve nothing.

Feeling entitled to your own exclusives are we? Think of that angre you are holding now against the founders. Now think of the roughly estimated 8 million PC players base that is going to be annoyed by another set of exclusives.