Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Anyone Else Regretting Getting Into The Hole Known As Kubrow Breeding?

Noteybook

(in regards to original post)

What a lovely summary of why I've not even incubated a single kubrow egg. The kubrow system is like buying a sentinel and then RNG "randomly" decides what sentinel you get and "randomly" chooses its skin and color scheme and you can't change it...L...O...L

Edited by LordThanix

The first one was random (Huras), as for the other three I managed not to get tempted to challenge luck and only bred Kubrows when I had imprints at hand.

Now I'm breeding a 5th Kubrow, since I have them all I can't be arsed to care for the race. If it's pretty I'll keep it, if not I'll free it when it will be possible.

When I'll have enough of them I'll repopulate Eris with MY own Infestation.

Wait a minute, that's a female only trait? When the heck did this happen?

I can't do proper research with how few imprints I can make and how expensive this is, either! 

I have a striped Raksa with the fluffy paws, funny enough, my first Kubrow.

As far as I'm aware it is female only. I have never seen a male kubrow with the fluffy paws trait (with the different body shape and stuff). I think the fluffy paw trait on male kubrows just ends up looking like a normal build kubrow with slightly furrier lower legs. I made a thread a while back asking if anyone had a male kubrow that had the same body shape and fluffy paws, no one could produce one.

Edit: I have quite a few fluffy paw females, but none of them have the color or patterns I want (or the height).

Edited by SquirmyBurrito

As far as I'm aware it is female only. I have never seen a male kubrow with the fluffy paws trait (with the different body shape and stuff). I think the fluffy paw trait on male kubrows just ends up looking like a normal build kubrow with slightly furrier lower legs. I made a thread a while back asking if anyone had a male kubrow that had the same body shape and fluffy paws, no one could produce one.

Edit: I have quite a few fluffy paw females, but none of them have the color or patterns I want (or the height).

2pttg9g.jpg

She's a Raksa, figured I'd show in case she was something you were looking for. We gotta help each other out, you know?

EDIT: I had a Bigger and smaller Female with the fluffy paws I forgot about.

20qc5nd.jpg

2ibj1u1.jpg

That is very strange, I mean, I mostly get female Kubrows so I never noticed. In fact... I mostly noticed when I had medium build males(rare) that didn't have the fluffy paws. Strange!

Edited by Noteybook

She's a Raksa, figured I'd show in case she was something you were looking for. We gotta help each other out, you know?

EDIT: I had a Bigger and smaller Female with the fluffy paws I forgot about.

That is very strange, I mean, I mostly get female Kubrows so I never noticed. In fact... I mostly noticed when I had medium build males(rare) that didn't have the fluffy paws. Strange!

This was the kubrow that if it had been female would have been great 

IdpqHgG.jpg

This was the kubrow that if it had been female would have been great 

IdpqHgG.jpg

Ahh, I see. That's a very pretty one! Well, good luck to you. :) I always seem to get female Kubrows, but lately I've been getting males, so maybe our luck will change after a while.

Ahh, I see. That's a very pretty one! Well, good luck to you. :) I always seem to get female Kubrows, but lately I've been getting males, so maybe our luck will change after a while.

Yeah, it was made a little worse as that one was made from two imprints for a female version. It would have been perfect if a random Y chromosome hadn't snuck in out of nowhere.

I just hope they don't make it so that you can only release matured kubrows, would take me 2 weeks to get through all of them -____-  I have 10 kubrows and only 1 of which I find decent.  I stopped breeding as soon as I watched the live event, but I have to admit the whole thing was pretty fun to do.  Most of mine are still puppies because once they came out of incubation, they were all just one big NOPE (aesthetics-wise, didn't care for breed) and into the freezer they went lol. 

Yeah, it was made a little worse as that one was made from two imprints for a female version. It would have been perfect if a random Y chromosome hadn't snuck in out of nowhere.

That's that part of RNG(confirmed by staff) that says even if you have two imprints of the same Kubrow there is no guarantee it will be 100% the same. I've had it done before, where the color, pattern, and build are similar, but the gender and other major things are slightly off.

I just hope they don't make it so that you can only release matured kubrows, would take me 2 weeks to get through all of them -____-  I have 10 kubrows and only 1 of which I find decent.  I stopped breeding as soon as I watched the live event, but I have to admit the whole thing was pretty fun to do.  Most of mine are still puppies because once they came out of incubation, they were all just one big NOPE (aesthetics-wise, didn't care for breed) and into the freezer they went lol. 

Dang, you have that many? Although I work so I can time mine(take imprints of whichever in the morning, then take out the one I want to grow up, leave it until I get home). It's easier for me that way, even if it's still a slow process.

Yeah maturing takes a while. I've spent more time maturing my kubrows than actually playing with them :|

• 1 month later...

Well really just wanted to know about the recessive gene traits being removed from the RNG process used to breed kubrows. I used 2 large imprints and got a mini kubrow. I thought in a recent dev stream the recessive genes were said to be removed form that "Random" process? After all it seems to me that "Random" means grey in color. SO if the recessive traits were removed how do you get a mini from a large and extra large trait, or like usual does that only apply to PC or a certain update. I would like to know because I am tired of wasting plat on this aspect of the game. I thought by adding imprints it would produce what commonly known as a predictable out come not an impossibility , since all recessive traits had been removed so only dominant would prevail. I have made more than 10 to try to get the kubrow I want, but Random didn't work, neither did using traits with the size of Kubro I wanted to breed. Please shed some light on this subject, because it is frustrating beyond belief and 2 days is to long to wait and see if you have a dud or a stud. TY

After more then 20 eggs. Searching for a fat male hara strip pattern . I've finally got one , black in red strips .

Before that , I was using my tall black hara ( as tall as frost prime ) . So the moment I used the fat one on a mission, and notice it was half the size of my tall one . I think to myself ...Was it really worth it ?

Answer for me is No . Not for me . It's the same damn thing . Do I regret it ? I guess not . I take it as a experience .

After mastering the 4 types, I went back to carrier.  Carrier is too useful NOT to use.  No one wants to run around grabbing things.

That aside, the death penalties were a big turn-off, their attacks are less customizable than sentinel weapons, they get stuck everywhere, and I had practically zero interest in the farm-fest that would be required to max out their mods (which are practically all R10s) for some reason.  It seemed tedious considering their drawbacks.  I could make a huge investment in maxing shield-linking, etc., but I'd still want/need carrier to make the basic looting element of the game less tedious.