Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hotfix 14.2.4: Tactical Alert - Hyena Facility

[DE]darryl1

The Corpus menace increases and still no sign of life of a NEW anti-corpus rifle with Impact Damage basis?

And what about a fix for the Quanta Alt fire+ Split Chamber PLEASE? ^^

Edited by Redhux

That was actually pretty fun.  My Mag was already working with a low rating loadout to level a few things and it translated well to the enemies we had to fight.  Shield Polarize definitely saw a lot of use and most of my gear made to 30 very quickly.

The low conclave requirements encouraged some creativity in loadouts, but I'd like to see conclave ratings themselves get a serious look before these kind of alerts get to be routine.  Just post a thread asking for player thoughts on how some mods and weapons are rated and I'm sure you'll get much more detailed feedback than someone realtively new like myself could provide.  If you're looking for way to create more challenge in missions, you might need much more specific requirements relating to mod rank, weapon types (pistol, bow, rifle, etc.) allowed, or even start working in some Nightmare handicaps.

I do get the feeling from the previous Artic Eximus mission and this one that you're testing the pieces of a new mission type/feature one at a time, so if you have anything further planned I hope it's good.

This new mission type is boring,super easy and lame for end game players.I challenge DE to actually balance all the weapons,skills,mods and conclave rating before adding more crap or even fix long over due bugs and game problems like kubrow removal.(dont tell 14.5 because they want to make a stupid boring quest for it).

P.S I also want them to tell us about PWE and what going on instead of ducking us.

This new mission type is boring,super easy and lame for end game players.I challenge DE to actually balance all the weapons,skills,mods and conclave rating before adding more crap or even fix long over due bugs and game problems like kubrow removal.(dont tell 14.5 because they want to make a stupid boring quest for it).

P.S I also want them to tell us about PWE and what going on instead of ducking us.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=mY-Vna1ba5o

There is a glitch in this event.

Here is how it is happening to us.

We are both loki and both have dragon nikana.

my conclave score 432 my friends is 450.

we are in the same house with different ports (properly set up)

we complete the mission for the badge but each get zero points.

if we play solo we get points or if we play public.

First event in a long time that I won't bother with.

Tried it, complete cheese with maxed latron prime. But the boredom level is at least treble compared to previous events, as my warframe has basically no powers. It's just a corridor shooter. No tactics, no powers, no ninjas in space. Just a CoD without any scripted scenes in the same one level for a few hours.

You really know how to sabotage your game at times dear devs...

I love the Vectis buffs (Anti-corpus weapon for all you who want it) and the new Tactical Alerts. When the percentages from Serration, etc. are considered, it's a huge and welcome buff to my sniper rifle. I love the Tactical Alerts, and I hope to see more in the future. Ash is so much fun in those missions since I just run around with Vitality, Rage, Bladestorm, and Rejuvenation. I jump into a level, shoot the Moas with my low level guns, and wait for a Hyena to show up. Then I press 4 (the great NOPE! button of all Ash players) and watch the mini cinematic play out as Ash kills everything in sight. Even funnier is the bug(?) I mentioned previously where Ash's Bladestorm won't stop until any Hyena targeted is dead. I can't wait to log in a play some more today!

Edited by LastingLongbow

ok i make it short ..love the new alerts ..love the badge ... hate the number in the badge ..it looks cheap ... and ruins the badge
my idea for a fix ...eather make the number in roman letters so 1 is I , 2 is II , 3 is III ....and so on or make the bdage change its shape overall and remove the number completely ... meaning every new "rank" will have a unique look

you sir are the reason some game communitys end up beeing total crap .... stop your stupid flaming and restart your brain .... if it would be easy to make a bugfree 100% polished game everyone would enjoy there would only be one game ... so pls shut up

Well, I must say I did not enjoy these new Tactical Alerts. The missions were more booring and repetitive than usual, mechanics irritating and rewards just not matching up to the effort needed.

Although now that I thought about it some more there is potential for this mechanic but right now its just plain silly to force us to dissect our loadouts we worked hard to set up just to get such rewards after so much time wasted.

At least please consider giving us players more preset options A B and C just don't cut it anymore.

First of all there are 4 factions if you include corrupted not 3.

I think it would be great if there was 1 preset slot per faction (totaling to 4 atm) and 1 for conclave/dark sector and 1 for events like these that require unique set-ups.

I am sure people would find it much less unpleasant to prepare for the mission then. It is a simple matter of quality of life at the moment.

Edited by StarScribe

I just imagine if this had a 3rd level at 200-300 and maybe increasing mob lvl. Only problem is it would be all melee since that weapon type has the least conclave cost. Also weapons like boltor prime and frames like nova still can unbalance things. Other than that, I don't mind the handicap....it opens up the weapon/frame choices immensely rather than having to always use the 'top' choices. Further tweaks to conclave might make it better, keep in mind I think that PvP and PvE systems should be totally different if it already isn't. And lastly, this could also scale up instead of down. Problem there is that would end up excluding many but who knows.

Edited by fizbit

though i don't realy see the point to extra gimp myself for a mission that doesn't make sense in it's content(if they produce hyenas there... why not destroy the facility instead of going there every hour to kill the hyenas?) i had to change 2 complete presets for the damm thing to even be completeable, as certain weapons do have high conclave from the getgo and surprise, people have limited slots(personally not my problem, but i have enough people in the allaince who see that otherwise) and literally no reason to stick with a weaker weapon because of that. same that you may not keep a rank 6 or lower serration around because you don't need it usualy. It would be great if you could use mods with any of the lower steps aswell, so that a full serration can just be set down to let's say 120% damage so it fits on a weapon without the proper modpoints.

I liked the tactical alerts, but they still need a lot of rework ( doesn't mater if it's conclave ratings actualy making sense or the alerts itself too me) 20 runs over 3 days is fine by me... if it were too short people would complain, if it were too long peole without time or a stable internetconnection would complain. you took the middle route of many shorter missions(which is great to just do one when you have time.... when you are able to go down so far in your C's)

though i don't realy see the point to extra gimp myself for a mission that doesn't make sense in it's content(if they produce hyenas there... why not destroy the facility instead of going there every hour to kill the hyenas?) i had to change 2 complete presets for the damm thing to even be completeable, as certain weapons do have high conclave from the getgo and surprise, people have limited slots(personally not my problem, but i have enough people in the allaince who see that otherwise) and literally no reason to stick with a weaker weapon because of that. same that you may not keep a rank 6 or lower serration around because you don't need it usualy. It would be great if you could use mods with any of the lower steps aswell, so that a full serration can just be set down to let's say 120% damage so it fits on a weapon without the proper modpoints.

I liked the tactical alerts, but they still need a lot of rework ( doesn't mater if it's conclave ratings actualy making sense or the alerts itself too me) 20 runs over 3 days is fine by me... if it were too short people would complain, if it were too long peole without time or a stable internetconnection would complain. you took the middle route of many shorter missions(which is great to just do one when you have time.... when you are able to go down so far in your C's)

This guy knows what he is talking about - listen to him.

______ _ ______

As for my viewpoint, this new alert-event is actually pretty nice, shows that eximus enemies could have been done properly, just like these hyenas.

Sadly that means that the current eximi are... less than adequate. Many have posted numerous ideas on how to improve them but most people do agree on at least one point: energy leech eximi (and disruptors too) are bad for the health and not in a good way.

I just played Xini and apart from the map being pretty it's small making the problems even more apparent: practically from the time that eximi appear you have a very instable energy pool, mostly rushing towards 0 in a breakneck speed without you doing a thing (or seeing anything affecting it). Above wave 20 this stabilizes... your energy on 0 mostly. You can get lucky but I believe anyone who played on that map (or any other infested defense) knows what I mean and all of them (with a proper idea about challenge) knows that this is negatively affecting gameplay.

Disruptors and energy leeches must go. People can argue about lowering the amount of energy taken by second etc. but honestly it's futile. They are flawed concepts from the get-go. Nothing ever should plain remove or steal things from the player without the proper means to defend against it. And no, the ability to melee-block it doesn't cut it since from the beginning you have little to no chance that you can react in time (especially if you are pulled from half the room - seriously, why can't we cut the rope or something? also make a proper animation for that instead of the ancients using literal grappling hooks/ropes... better: take it out).

Overall the infested got seriously messed up. Yes, they were easy kills before but giving them abilities we cannot defend against won't make them any more challenging or enjoyable. Just annoying.

Won't even mention the poison auras that can kill you from the other side of a wall without any way to counter it or the flying stuff that defies in-game physics and cares not about the raging vortex half meter away which is capable of sucking up literal monstrocities made of meat and metal. Their engines are stronger.

I don't want to act all high and mighty but you should have asked the players beforehand - changing something because you think it will solve some problems is nice... but if you have asked us we could have told you that you are gravely off the point and shouldn't make this mistake. But here we are and I'm still waiting for a patch that deals with these issues.

There are countless ideas present on the forums that could make the infested something viable and challenging while not annoying but just so I'm actually showing that I want to help the situation:

- Enemy auras can only hinder players, never directly affecting any of their base stats like health, shield, energy.

- Enemy auras can prove challenging if they provide % buffs/debuffs instead of direct affection (energy cost goes up by 10%, damage suffered goes up by 10%, stamina spent goes up by 10%, shield regeneration slows by 25%, 10-30% slowed movement, maybe not just movement on higher levels, etc.).

- Disruptors have aura that has 0-100% chance to apply hud scramble - higher the chance the closer you are. Not affecting anything, just simply scrambling the hud. Their attacks have 20% to slow the target by 25%.

- Infested overall regenerate health at a breakneck speed (maybe 33% per second, that ought to make them hard to kill) - but they cannot regenerate during incoming fire, applied frozen-solid, poisoned, sick or on-fire status. Regeneration has cooldown, 1 second must pass after last damage was sustained before it kicks in.

- Poison effects do not damage the player right away, only after spending 1-2 seconds within a cloud and even then the damage gradually goes up, not maxed right away.

- Will put this onto fan concepts just for clarity. Hell, I have so many ideas for them, no way you couldn't thought of something more proper than... the current version.

Edited by K_Shiro

I'm just gonna say not overly impressed with DE putting up that crap. Seriously whats the point of having the best builds ever when now you have to go back to crappier build? And the rewards so far an affinity booster and then a credit booster, are we seriously still lost as to how to get lots of affinity/creds? 

I've defended U14 for quite some times, but honestly they seem to be nerfing weapons and frames and now they give us those events. I'm seing "events" pop out with no actual story or lore behind them, where has your imagination gone DE? U15 was a good way to get some of our attention back but those "events" aren't

Ty de I will see you when this game gets back on its feet.