Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hotfix 14.2.4: Tactical Alert - Hyena Facility

[DE]darryl1

though i don't realy see the point to extra gimp myself for a mission that doesn't make sense in it's content(if they produce hyenas there... why not destroy the facility instead of going there every hour to kill the hyenas?) i had to change 2 complete presets for the damm thing to even be completeable, as certain weapons do have high conclave from the getgo and surprise, people have limited slots(personally not my problem, but i have enough people in the allaince who see that otherwise) and literally no reason to stick with a weaker weapon because of that. same that you may not keep a rank 6 or lower serration around because you don't need it usualy. It would be great if you could use mods with any of the lower steps aswell, so that a full serration can just be set down to let's say 120% damage so it fits on a weapon without the proper modpoints.

I liked the tactical alerts, but they still need a lot of rework ( doesn't mater if it's conclave ratings actualy making sense or the alerts itself too me) 20 runs over 3 days is fine by me... if it were too short people would complain, if it were too long peole without time or a stable internetconnection would complain. you took the middle route of many shorter missions(which is great to just do one when you have time.... when you are able to go down so far in your C's)

Actually, there is an idea in this. And it may be something that will enrich the upcoming U15 "Archwing" just you wait my friend. Perhaps we will able to demolish entire facilities trough use and assistance of Archwing suit..

This alert wasn't working last night. I was doing these last night with a conclave rating way below requirement and I was not geting counts for kills. The hyena's would take -216000 damage (give or take a few hundred). So I couldn't further  my progression. This happened 4 or 5 runs and I just gave up. My friend was with me and he wasn't getting counted for the kills either. He was also seeing these high negitive damage numbers. 

UHMMMMMMMM I actually don't know what to say about this one. I completed the Hyena Alert twice - to get the bonus Stratos Emblem - and I noticed something on it while I was afk. There was a "1" in the middle of my Stratos Emblem. Now, I don't know what this means, so please help me out on this one. Cuz it could POSSIBLY an easter egg to the next Tactical Alert. Or maybe just something random bug. 

Rfdq9il.jpg

(Notice the grey "1" in the middle of the Stratos Emblem)

While my UI was temporarily bugged earlier, I was able to screenshot what the Stratos EMblem looked like without my frame. 

FjgzGXq.jpg

What it looks like from the from of the Emblem.

xUiTQ3Q.jpg

And from the back of the Emblem.

Edited by Carlo14

While i really enjoyed completing the Alert - I have a couple of issues to raise.

First - The alert was in 2 stages credit booster and badge. Why couldn't the rewards be the other way around??  I spent as much free time as i could just to get the booster then scraped in at the last hour to get the badge.  Now i have very little time available to play to make use of the booster ! ?

Second - If we are going to have rewards such as these then can DE make them "Player Activating" so the player decides when is best for themselves to activate the rewards, after all we spend their time wining them.

I cannot play as i would normally and I see my reward wasting away.  Same with the Affinity booster recently awarded, it was just wasted, and to put it bluntly i don't feel very happy about it, considering the time it takes to win them in the first place.

While i really enjoyed completing the Alert - I have a couple of issues to raise.

First - The alert was in 2 stages credit booster and badge. Why couldn't the rewards be the other way around??  I spent as much free time as i could just to get the booster then scraped in at the last hour to get the badge.  Now i have very little time available to play to make use of the booster ! ?

Second - If we are going to have rewards such as these then can DE make them "Player Activating" so the player decides when is best for themselves to activate the rewards, after all we spend their time wining them.

I cannot play as i would normally and I see my reward wasting away.  Same with the Affinity booster recently awarded, it was just wasted, and to put it bluntly i don't feel very happy about it, considering the time it takes to win them in the first place.

Same, player activated is the way to go indeed.

Had a bit of trouble with some Kubrows tonight. I think what happened is that two of them knocked me down simultaneously, putting me in a not-quite-downed state. Prior to this, I was at 22 health, but I could still cast spells and shoot secondary while being limited to crawling on the ground. Healed myself up and just healed teammates as they made their way to extract.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=305760176

Sorry if this bug has come up before. Couldn't find it in any of the recent patch notes. (14.2.0)

Also, FWIW I really enjoyed the capped alerts. It forces players to use different equipment than they would normally, like a handicap system without being arbitrary the way Nightmare can be.

I personally liked playing 30 Trinity/30 Orthos Prime, and since I couldn't bring Carrier with me, it made every energy ball a priceless item.

More than anything I think what the alerts really showed people was how you have to rely on teammates in certain situations. So of course people who are used to mowing down everything found it either A.) Silly, because they've invested enough in their mods that they still didn't need their teammates, or B.) Incredibly frustrating because they couldn't speedrun the level and had to work with teammates.

I think both of these are signs of growing pains, but capped alerts are for the betterment of the game overall.

Edited by Mudita

Just watched the "14.5" updage vid on youtube. I seriously hope we can use our palettes to color the Kubrows - the vid showed us a not too promising picture of that though. If DE will put separate coloring on sale they might bite it this time. I doubt anyone can be that stu... you get it.

Somehow every single new addition makes me feel like the game is more and more neglected. Shouldn't I feel the other way? Yet all I can see is that newer and newer things get added and after all the crying and whining, we got stat balancing for 10+ weapons out of a hundred. That was commendable but if they have enough time to add so many new things, plain move workforce from the "addon" team to the "fix-the-game-so-people-won't-get-fed-up-with-its-flaws" team.

Seriously, I dunno how everyone feels but I'm damn sure I would feel MUCH better if DE would put their addons on halt and turn towards mending stuff. While they can still save it.

Ah, and here I am, dark and depressing again. You shouldn't listen I'm only going to get you down - everything will be fine!