Tactical Alerts Are Coming!

This thread...90% hate, 10% love...that's what it looks like to me. I don't see anything wrong with this new type of alert

Because this is farm. Again. This is pretty messed up. All this just to win a credit boost and a badge. Seriously.

I propose that the official nickname for this event becomes Feeding the Assassins.

Not only is this event incredibly grindy (which is bad), but there's a certain level of idiocy to be had in forcing players to carry gimped gear, but then allowing fully-leveled Harvesters/Grustrags/Stalkers to show up in the mission and cause trouble. It's bad enough when you're trying to level up a fresh-forma'd weapon and the Stalker won't piss off. Now you've got hundreds if not thousands of players trying this event with gimped out gear, turning this into one of the shortest missions in history if you have the misfortune of an ill-equipped squad.

this was to easy! Spoiler Alert; Loki, vitality, redirection, invisibility, constitution, continuity, flow. MAXED Dragon Nikana. This combo is below 500 and yes i did fall a few times with my group cause; loki + magic fire from bosses = pain. Honestly i don't see what the big deal is about this even. So many people hate it because you need to "Gimp" yourself when all you really need to do is be good at ONE weapon and take off your sentinal/sidearm/main/melee (All but one weapon) and then choose ONE skill thats awsome on your frame and take the rest out. It tests your actual skill considering most people just want to one hit kill everything then get so conditioned with there over powered weapon that when they actually have to use skill they complain...

This was a stupid thing to add to a game that, so far, has rewarded your perseverance in getting better mods, while making your Warframes and weapons more powerful. Conclave ratings should be limited to PvP >only<. And hey, yet another crash, what a surprise. 

Tactical isn't the word I'd use for this, I'd call this false difficulty, because it limits the player to a ridiculous degree. Especially when the damn hyenas are level 25, have insane shields that don't in any way drop normally, and their armour drops insultingly slowly. These are not bosses, they should've be harder to kill than bosses are. Forget this, maybe when the mechanics of the game actually change to accommodate tactics, then you can work on making tactical alerts. Nobody wants to gimp their frames or weapons just to get a freaking credit booster, or a badge that has a number on it. It's not fun, it's a limiter on a game who mechanics and ideas are screaming under the illogical addition of this system.

Actually if you put the aura "Shield Disruption" on (-24% max enemy shields) and have a team of 4 with that mod this becomes REALLY easy considering these are ALL corpus and shields are were there power is...so if done right and you have smart friends/tenno this is beyond easy

Edited by KibaWesker

While it is a grindy event, I would not say that doing 10 missions for 2x credits is asking for too much. I know you people like free handouts though.

Same for the badge.  Generally the cosmetic stuff is supposed to be platin only.

I got 10-12 points while doing the first part of the event solo.

For some reason I am only getting 7 points in the second part. I am unable to figure out the scoring system which is very annoying.

While re-arranging my mods to meet the requirements took a little bit of time, I believe it is a valid way to level out the field between all players. High ranking players will still have a big advantage over the new players, since they got a larger selection of mods and most of them being max ranked.

Edited by Frendh

force trash loadout against hundreds of bullet sponges = challenging gameplay! genius.

that aside, it never used to bother me that much before but this mission really brought it out to the forefront for me: is there anything DE can do about Ash's bladestorm animation against robotic enemies? still does that old weird slap move. since it was only enemies like moas and osprey i didn't really think much of it before, but there are literally only moas and the hyenas in this mission so it really started looking strange. just a personal annoyance thing though, maybe not a big deal.

Actually if you put the aura "Shield Disruption" on (-24% max enemy shields) and have a team of 4 with that mod this becomes REALLY easy considering these are ALL corpus and shields are were there power is...so if done right and you have smart friends/tenno this is beyond easy

So this isn't really an event for new players with level 30 characters, but clan members who have the exact same aura? Or for people with a maxed out Valkyr with Hysteria? Or Ash. Or anything essentially overpowered? I have a few auras, but I don't have that one, never came across it. It seems that the only thing 'tactical' about this alert is that you've to totally upend any playstyle you have, get mods that everyone isn't going to be in possession of, or have frames that are essentially powerhouses in this event in order to get through it. When you begin to require very specific things that people may not have access to, you lose the fun. If you have a tactic, it should be something >you<, the player, has come up with. And in Warframe, you don't really have tactics, you have single way of approaching everything, because the game isn't built to accommodate differing playstyles or ideas in that complex a way, certain Warframes don't operate the way they were intended, that's how much the idea doesn't work. When I'm doing this, I can feel the game basically buckle and say 'nope' as these hyenas kill me over and over again. it wasn't designed for this kind of 'challenge', it's just taking a borked system and applying it where it was never meant to go. Conclave and PvP were nice ideas - if you wanted to utilize them - but they didn't matter most  of the time due to the PvE, squad-based nature of the game.

Well, for the people with loki or ash it is ridiculously easy when going solo.

I should probably add that there is a little bit of a tactical element when choosing your mod loadout. Since you cannot max all your weapons and warframe. 

Edited by Frendh

if you have a high health frame like saryn or ash and a max vit mod then just take that alone and no redirection since it only has 9 conclave rating as opposed to vigor's 20 and redirection's 40. health seems more important here since these hyenas like set you on fire ever 5 seconds or so. there are various ways to mix and match mods like that but if these alerts are different in conclave rating and enemy, you can't really just have a specific loadout ready for them at all times which seems to defeat the purpose of the loadout system.

it's not so terrible getting under 700 but getting under 500 was pretty rough. i can't really judge things from a new player perspective though it seems like they'll have trouble without some manner of failsafe like mag's shield polarize or whatever. my clan just ran together each with one super weapon and were fine but i don't really want to think what would happen were i not a long time player. if you have access to them, drop team restores down alot during the run to keep health, energy, ammo up.

I will agree though that conclave is a pvp system and should never have had any effect on pve gameplay. goes against the stance DE preached about keeping them separate as a means to introduce pvp to the game when many were apprehensive about it. besides which this game is all about leveling and farming. constantly maxing gear and exchanging it. owning everything or all things starred in the codex. conclave limit basically says that i should keep a bunch of useless junk around that i never wanted to use in the first place just because it'll help me meet the requirment.

Ok I don't wanna be negitive but the Emblan isn't worth the 200points, we used to beable to get them after just 5 to 25 point. But I love the Hyenas and the low rate of the conclave needed, it becomes more of a challange now. There is where I'll give you DE thumb up ^^

Conclave rating is a poor way to handle this. Conclave is built around balancing PvP, and therefore functions poorly as a measure for what will be useful in PvE. Also, since it's counting your equipment in aggregate, it's easy enough for a player to simply take one very powerful weapon and one very powerful frame while leaving everything else behind, and only lose a little real functionality. It doesn't make me weaker to take one gun instead of two and a melee weapon. It does make me have less fun, because I can't swap out mid-mission.

Fantastic, yet another event type situation with an unexplained scoring system.

Run 1 - Mag Prime, Boltor Prime, Aklato, 700 conclave, died twice, very slow run = 14 points

Run 2 - Mirage, Boltor Prime, Aklato, Dark Dagger, 679 conclave, no deaths, fast run = 4 points

Both runs were solo.

Edited by CryogenicNinja

I cant seem to do the stratos challenge. My conclave is low enough, but i did 2 missions and didnt get any points towards the second challenge.

Help?

EDIT: Nevermind. I had to do it solo.

Edited by DJGeth

Fantastic, yet another event type situation with an unexplained scoring system.

Run 1 - Mag Prime, Boltor Prime, Aklato, 700 conclave, died twice, very slow run = 14 points

Run 2 - Mirage, Boltor Prime, Aklato, Dark Dagger, 679 conclave, no deaths, fast run = 4 points

Both runs were solo.

You get points from killing the Hyenas.