The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Where Is Everyone

ShirowMasamune

Even i have stopped playing it. And i pretty much amassed the most hours spent on the game in the shortest time. update 14 just made me lose so much interest

Same here, conclave was what kept me coming back, with that gone I've pretty much stopped playing and instead pay attention to the rest of my vast steam library.

That sounds like something you just made up. but il take your word for it

Forgot about school

He didn't just make it up. We've gotten a lot more people post-U14. How many people are in chats depends on A) what region you're in, and B) what time you're online. Also, new chat changes have made it seem like there's less people online, because only the names of people who have typed in the chat are displayed. And for a brief period after every update there are a huge amount of players, this number always drops off afterwards which you might be noticing as well. We have been steadily trending upwards though. We're nowhere near dead, as much as people might like to think we are. http://www.steamcharts.com/app/230410#3m

That sounds like something you just made up. but il take your word for it

Forgot about school

Vaughann popped the steam numbers, and to do one better, check it: http://caas.raptr.com/category/most-played/

They mention playtime was up, overall, 40%, and WF gained 3 spots in the ranking, with .06% of the total playtime(which, as it's a fraction calculated across all the hundreds of games they track, is actually a rather large amount).

He didn't just make it up. We've gotten a lot more people post-U14. How many people are in chats depends on A) what region you're in, and B) what time you're online. Also, new chat changes have made it seem like there's less people online, because only the names of people who have typed in the chat are displayed. And for a brief period after every update there are a huge amount of players, this number always drops off afterwards which you might be noticing as well. We have been steadily trending upwards though. We're nowhere near dead, as much as people might like to think we are. http://www.steamcharts.com/app/230410#3m

While steam numbers are an indication they are a fairly poor one as it only counts people that start/log into a game, rather than actual time played.  Given warframe has dailly login and from what many people have said of the forums those numbers include many people that simply login for the dailly rewards/extractors, but arent actually playing the game.  While the actual peak number of players has droped significantly.

The raptr, is a little more accurate (calculated around play time) but it tracks only raptr members, and does it as a comparison to other games played, not just itself.  So take the  as you will.

While steam numbers are an indication they are a fairly poor one as it only counts people that start/log into a game, rather than actual time played.  Given warframe has dailly login and from what many people have said of the forums those numbers include many people that simply login for the dailly rewards/extractors, but arent actually playing the game.  While the actual peak number of players has droped significantly.

The raptr, is a little more accurate (calculated around play time) but it tracks only raptr members, and does it as a comparison to other games played, not just itself.  So take the  as you will.

I'd say they're a decent indicator of how many people are playing. If people were just logging in for alerts/rewards you wouldn't see nearly that many people online. According to that chart there are usually an average of 20k people online at any given moment, via steam alone. That doesn't even take into account the non-steam people, who apparently make up a decent portion of the playerbase according to dev comments.

I've noticed that many people on the forums seem to almost want the game to be dying, because that would validate whatever point they're trying to make. However it's not really the case. At least in US east there's people in almost every mission these days. We're also up a spot on steam's most played list, and that new ad campaign is probably helping as well.

Edited by vaugahn

Kinda amusing how your saying that there are 20k players online at any one time while steam is saying the peak is only 24k and average 16.5k.  So you are heavily padding the numbers there. 

While alot of non-steam people have likely left as well, there is also nothing about the numbers for PS4.

The OP even commented on that numbers are seemingly lower in-game, not by some stats.

Honestly even if only 500 players were online I wouldnt be saying warframe is dying (which no one here is saying at all), but padding numbers to justify your own arguments is miss leading information.

Edited by Loswaith

They are sleeping.

But I do get what you are saying, I've felt the same thing. But my biggest guess is that they are burned out, too excited for new update and have developed a pattern. Usually come and play when alert / event / new updates are. In the meantime tho, they play other games. Me? I play too much haha. 

I guess I lost interest at some point after U14.

Why? I don't know for sure, but I guess XP nerf had something to do with it.

Everything took ages to level, I ran out of resources and farming them wasn't too effective.

I got tired of farming.

But I'm fairly sure I'll come back to Warframe. I'm just waiting for something interesting to appear.

You guys know the answer already...

fap-fap-fap-fap-fap-fap-fap-fap-fap-fap-fap-fap-fap-fap-fap-fap-fap-fap-fap-fap-fap-fap-fap-fap-fap-fap-fap-fap-fap-fap-fap-fap-fap-fap-fap-fap-fap-fap-fap-fap-fap-fap-fap-fap-fap-fap-fap-fap-fap-fap-fap-fap-fap-fap-fap-fap-fap-fap-fap-fap-fap-fap-fap-fap-fap-fap-fap-fap-fap-fap-fap-fap-fap-fap-fap-fap-fap-fap-fap-fap-fap-fap-fap-fap-fap-fap-fap-fap-fap-fap-fap-fap-fap-fap-fap-fap-fap-fap-fap-fap-fap-fap-fap-fap-fap-fap-fap-fap-fap-fap-fap-fap-fap-fap-fap-fap-fap-fap-fap-fap-fap-fap-fap-fap-fap-fap-fap-fap-fap-fap-fap-fap-fap-fap-fap-fap-fap-fap-fap-fap-fap-fap-fap-fap-fap-fap-fap-fap-fap-fap-fap-fap-fap-fap-fap-fap-fap-fap-fap-fap-fap-fap-fap-fap-fap-fap-fap-fap-fap-fap-fap-fap-fap-fap-fap-fap-fap-fap-fap-fap-fap-fap-fap-fap-fap-fap-fap-fap-fap-fap-fap-fap-fap-fap-fap-fap-fap-fap-fap-fap-fap-fap-fap-fap-fap-fap-fap-fap-fap-fap-fap-fap-fap-fap-fap-fap

Actually, by the numbers I was looking at, there's been an uptick in playing since u14 hit.

However, it's noteworthy that school started recently. So...

College classes start for me soon over here, i wont stop playing but i wont be as active as i was over the summer