Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Tactical Alert Is Not Challenging, It's Tedious

Semshol

i thought things would improve and get more varied once that infested hive event managed something a tad different but were back to a gradivus/alad type exterminate'fest.

another 5 or so missions later i am finally done.. 25-30 times the same boring mission

i can tell you now already, if they don't massively improve this and make it more interesting for the next time i don't think i'm even gonna bother

So much grind, inconsistent spawn rates - for the arctic eximus thing i only had to run the mission 5 times because there always spawned 15+ units

another 5 or so missions later i am finally done.. 25-30 times the same boring mission

i can tell you now already, if they don't massively improve this and make it more interesting for the next time i don't think i'm even gonna bother

So much grind, inconsistent spawn rates - for the arctic eximus thing i only had to run the mission 5 times because there always spawned 15+ units

the biggest advantage Warframe has/had over my old (which im back to playign now) space shooter ME3-MP was that the maps in ME3 are small/static/samey, and warframe had this awesome sort of legoblock idea to forming the maps in differing ways yet ta lot of the event maps are amazingly static and similar throwing that varied legoblock map feeling out the window.

or you just removed sentinel, 2 of 3 weapons and dont have to put much thinking power into it.

Well, yes, considering I DO have nyx and Boar prime, I did that for the farming. Though trying to squeeze in Rhino (didn't work) and soma (didn't work) or gorgon (worked, but ate like twenty ammo restores) was rather fun. Of course, I'm not really saying that it's the event itself that is that fun, just experimenting with the limits, which of course does not apply to everyone alike.

the biggest advantage Warframe has/had over my old (which im back to playign now) space shooter ME3-MP was that the maps in ME3 are small/static/samey, and warframe had this awesome sort of legoblock idea to forming the maps in differing ways yet ta lot of the event maps are amazingly static and similar throwing that varied legoblock map feeling out the window.

Yeah, DE really nerfed the maps somewhere back between U7 andU9, used to be you could get lost in them, and had ability to explore. That was awesome, by the way.

I have a creeping feeling that the awesome guy on map design team who was all for secret nooks and crannies got forced to stop. Which would be really sad.

Stop white knighting, seriously.

Those of us 'complaining' are not complaining. We are giving our honest feedback.

Unlike a white knight who is basically a yesman, and hinders progress by accepting everything, we are the ones who ADVANCE the game by suggesting ways that things can be improved. If the vast majority are satisfied, why are there complaints? Even if you say the complainers are in the minority, silence does not equal consent. Just because the majority don't voice an opinion, does not mean they automatically agree.

Those of us who want this game to be great, will explain why we think certain things should be improved. If you have nothing helpful to DE to say, then it is your opinion that is invalid. If you are happy, don't post.

The problem here, returning to the topic, is that the mission is too tedious. By keeping the rewards the same, but changing the type of mission, we would be able to keep things fresh and interesting and it would also fit the whole 'tactical' alert better. It is not TACTICAL to destroy everything and then extract.

It is tactical to kill key targets, spy for new information, defeat the greater threat and wipe out all information. That is true spywork.

The mission is fine. The reward is fine. You don't want the game to be great, you want the game to be great for YOU. There is a hell of a difference when you all keep saying that what you have been given for free "is not enough".

"If I'm happy don't post"? But I'm not happy. I'm not happy with people making POINTLESS suggestions, because the game does not fit their particular idea of "good". My opinion is as valid as anyone else.

You advance nothing. The fact that you think you do is an "opinion". I can tell you what you can do with that opinion, for a game that you do NOT pay monthly for, and that already has everything unlock-able for zero platinum outlay.

I did the mission for badges on two accounts. My primary has a kill count of 287, because I was enjoying killing the damn hyenas, and I wanted to make sure my last team got that 200. If you don't like killing stuff, I'm thinking you are in the wrong place.

We already run 5 missions for Invasions. We had to run like 10-15 for a 3 day Booster. If that is too "taxing" for you, YOU are playing the wrong game, and need to stop thinking you know better.