Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I Hate Tactical Alerts Even Before I Started It

DaWolv

disciple is the name of the lowest founder pack

may i suggest to calm down?

Why are you assuming I'm not calm? I was merely stating facts as I saw fit. Also, if you read my full post I explained that the founder tag (under avatar) and in game mastery rank (above avatar) both state that the op was disciple. They are not meant to be the same rank if he is not mr7. He should be Eagle iirc, and it should show Eagle above his avatar. Not having that reflects a possible bug that needs looked into.

Don't forget that text shows no emotion, but rather the perception that the reader puts into it.

*edited auto correct

Edited by .Zeva

Seems like it ya, I am currently 16.

Sorry for assuming based on that, hope it gets fixed to reflect your true experience and expertise of the game.

Now I understand your situation a lot better. Makes more sense now, lol.

that's why it was called "tactical"

Tactical alert which takes away our tactical choices and leaves us with same amount of firepower, yay.

There is no tactical choice in game whatsoever, energy doesnt matter, weapons are too strong for enemies to handle, only thing that might count as tactical choice is considering whether you will have some ammo left at the end of mission or not.

Anyway back to topic:

I think this dude hits it on the head:
https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/295936-tacticular-cancer/

Having the Conclave Rating build accumulatively is really dumb.

I can only use one weapon at a time, so having 3 weapons that instanly kill everything is no different then one weapon killing everything instantly, its just less diversed, and I can't use my melee for movement anymore.

Also not being allowed to take my Kubrows/Sentinels is just annyong and falls into the same category.

The thing is, the conclave rating is just really pointless.

It's been pointed at before (by me and others) that the numbers dont really make sense.

THIS IS STILL A THING:

Wu6rg1c.jpgvKV9D8Q.jpgu7tY3LR.jpg

Not only does the standart electrical dmg. mod use up more mod capacity for the same amount of damage, without the additional boni, it also has double the conclave rating. How does that fit into this whole system?

"This mission is for low level people only, so please equip the stronger mods or it won't be fair!"

Wait...what?

Edited by DaWolv

I assumed since the rank above your avatar is Disciple (mr7) that that's what you were. Not talking about founder disciple tag below your avatar, the MR title above it that's tied to in game rank.

Unless this is a forum alt or something, it appears you have a bug.

Forum rank /= ingame rank. Forum rank just reflects the number of posts somebody's made.

Forum rank /= ingame rank. Forum rank just reflects the number of posts somebody's made.

WoW, I guess mine has always just matched my in game rank perfectly. Thanks for explaining.

Anyway back to topic:

snip

"This mission is for low level people only, so please equip the stronger mods or it won't be fair!"

Wait...what?

Lol, I see where this is going now. However if I may; DE most likely wants to have a way to make this available for both newer players and t4 daily players. It seems there are multiple ways to go about it; but they picked the most uncommon and less than ideal approach. Instead of scaling up with cc rating, they made players scale down. Seeming monotonous and tedious to those with multiple builds on most/all frames.

This event could have been done slightly different and have more positive praise. Having players scale down by choice to make the event more manageable, yet having the event scale up and be atrociously difficult for players sticking to high cc builds. It seems this is the common input and ideas from others on the forum. In which case I can agree on, it should be player choice to scale back to play more tactically. Not a forces requirement.

This event could have been done slightly different and have more positive praise. Having players scale down by choice to make the event more manageable, yet having the event scale up and be atrociously difficult for players sticking to high cc builds. It seems this is the common input and ideas from others on the forum. In which case I can agree on, it should be player choice to scale back to play more tactically. Not a forces requirement.

Frankly, if they wanted me to be a little less powerful for the event, instead of scaling the enemies up, why not scale my mods down?

In any case, forcing me to go through my well crafted builds, looking at numbers to throw out as few as possible to get the highest possible number below a certain threshhold is just annoying, stupid and the opposite of fun.

I'm using practically the same build. Though I'm not logged in at the moment. I solo'd the whole thing using Mirage and Amprex combo.

Edit: No mutation on my, I have a malignant force, maxed serration and rank 7 HC, Stormbringer is also maxed on mine.

My Banshee is my lowest. With my Amprex equipped I still had 706 and that was already without companion, secondary or melee weapon.

Loki Prime invisible + Ankyros Prime FInisher = win, 2h farm

9KiMqKo.jpg

jTEAzuI.jpg

oh no a slight challenge! oh no have to not use the items u use every day (coz they are the best) for an hour!

WHAT A DISASTER!

Thats the thing though, its not even a slight challange.

I still anihilated everything with the one weapon I was able to bring.

And instead of forcing players to gimp themselves, maybe they should add more challanging content.

And maybe they should stop introducing more and more powerful mods every 2 months...

this treatmill is going to break down sooner or later.

so what are you saying is they should only make content for rank16 people ?

gimping is so that people of lower ranks can still enjoy it. i guess the problem is that the conclave limit was too high and hyenas didnt do enough dmg. should have been icy missions too for that shield debuff. how about stalker spam to go along with it?

Conclave Rating too high.

I took the worst weapons I possibly could. Still have 1200

You know what? I don't want to mess up my loadouts just to play a boring Exterminate mission.

I was expecting a tough mission, going in with my least powerful Warframe (Banshee) and my least powerful primary (Karak) AND NOTHING ELSE.. but no.. it was easier than T1 Exterminate.

Sorry guys, but why?

Just make the mission scale up according to our conclave rating!

Don't force me to leave all the mods and gear I worked hard for behind just to play...

their should be areas for people like us whos conclaves are in the 1900s 

No I'm not gonna quit!

I am waiting for 6 months now for some sort of Endgame. T4 was a good start, but even that got way too easy way too quickly.

I just want to have some things in the game to mix things up, and not play Survival and Defense all the time, but I want to do it with the equipment I deam fit, not having to leave stuff behind or remove mods from my loadouts just because some number tells me to!

We are all sorry to hear that your free game does not stand up to your expectation of value. Perhaps a different free game would suit you better?

so what are you saying is they should only make content for rank16 people ?

What I'm saying is that they should take a look at their game and make content that feed both ends of the spectrum.

Wether they achieve that by nerfing and bringing the two ends closer together or by making a smart system that scales difficulty seemlessly - I don't care either way!

I want a challange in Warframe, but making me reduce my conclave rating is not a challange.

It's asking me to disregard my progress.

I could just as easily reset my account or start a new one.

I want to use the equipment I have invested time and money in, not be asked to leave it at the door.

Edited by DaWolv

Mission absolutely unplayable for solo , requirements are ridiculous for such miserable reward.Ash and synapse, only this i can take and its not enough.Ash easy taking all damage but synapse got only 2 forma and its spending lot of ammo for killing one hyena.Everything what new are worst then before.Why??

Solo'd fine on an Excalibur and a Boltor Prime stripped down to fit. When there is a red arrow waypoint it means that stuff is nearby. When the arrow moves it means something is close and heading your way, and when it goes green, it means the tile is clean, and if you bring Enemy Radar, you get even more tactical info on what is where.

If you just run into things you die, same as the last event. The AI is stupid, and easy to confuse and kill, they blindly come around corners straight into fire and die. You just have to slow down a little.

I too Excalibur with Dread only and i soloed the mission no problem

I even had Harvester come for a visit, first time i ever saw him

I won't finish this mini-event because come on, 100 points?

Im tired of grinding

BUT i am very happy about Hyenas becoming normal ennemies

Thats what i want to see!

Ennemy variety!

Pat yourself on the back DE, more of this stuff!

Pat yourself on the back DE, more of this stuff!

All they did was taking boss enemies and putting them elsewhere.

Save praise for when its due. This is not a groundbreaking new idea and the way it was implemented makes me not want to play it in the first place.

You just have to slow down a little.

Exactly what I think is wrong here, DE doesn't seem to understand the fast paces movement is what this game is all about. They keep trying to slow us down every time, not looking forward to the new survival either. If we get slower and slower I will play less and less...

All they did was taking boss enemies and putting them elsewhere.

Save praise for when its due. This is not a groundbreaking new idea and the way it was implemented makes me not want to play it in the first place.

Hyenas are supposed to be normal ennemies, its in their description!

I dont know if you people get it but DE know very well what they are doing, RNG and grinding?

Remember the promises they didnt keep?The people who left the game and their reasons??

I am well aware of the games problems but this is not a reason to S#&$ on DE when they take a good decision for once even if its a small one

Look

A little compliment to them once in a while doesnt hurt, it shows them the things they should do more

Remember that we all signed for a free "beta" game, we are guinea pigs testing the game's constant changes and while we have the right to complain about crappy decisions we also have the right to praise the good ones

So no, i want to see more common enemies DE

I prefer that to a boss i have to grind hours to face only once

Solo'd fine on an Excalibur and a Boltor Prime stripped down to fit. When there is a red arrow waypoint it means that stuff is nearby. When the arrow moves it means something is close and heading your way, and when it goes green, it means the tile is clean, and if you bring Enemy Radar, you get even more tactical info on what is where.

If you just run into things you die, same as the last event. The AI is stupid, and easy to confuse and kill, they blindly come around corners straight into fire and die. You just have to slow down a little.

Let's see. 

First run I did - long hallway, I'm in the middle, door opens and two hyena jump into the room.  No cover so I try to run back to get out of the line of fire and I'm dead before I make it 3/4 of the way to the door.

Second run I did - very first room I spawn in.  Before I can even take stock in what the room is, the door opens with 8 Moa opening fire and a Hyena right in the midst of the group.  The only cover in the room is only partial cover, and the Hyena spams his AoE stomp.  Dead in like, 5 seconds or so.

Y'all call this fun?  Yeah, not me.  All of the rest of my frames are high level, so I am severely limited in what frame I can bring (basically the ones that are of appropriate level are appropriate only because they are the ones I like/play the least), and can't take my favorite weapons either (for the same reason).

More and more, all I really feel like doing with Warframe is log in, get the daily reward and maybe (MAYBE) run one mission.  This game is just a placeholder at the moment until Destiny comes out, and that's sad because I used to really enjoy playing.  I would look forward to seeing new weapons and trying new frames.  Now, I don't know if I even care about the new mission types or tilesets or whatever they announced at the convention (and I still have never bothered to look it up to see what they did announce).

Last "tactical mission" was just OP enemies mixed in with weaker enemies.  This time, it's OP enemies mixed in with the least fun Corpus enemies, with you having to gimp your frame and build.  This only shows me that the design team's ideas are going exactly the opposite of what I enjoy.

Oh well.  As I say, in two weeks I will have another game to occupy my time.  I doubt that I will completely stop playing, but the fun has really just gone out of it for me.