Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Aspect Ratio Resetting

Hey! Not sure if this classes as a bug, or just a software loophole, but everytime I start up Warframe - my aspect ratio setting in the graphics menu - has reset back to "auto". Now this would be fine were it not for the fact that my screen is a 16:9 and the "auto" option dosn't set the display to 16:9 for some reason. Manually selecting the 16:9 option prevents the image from being distorted - but every time I restart the game, this setting has reset.

I've had a similar issue before with Unreal 3 engine games, but with those I can simply modify the ini. file to force 16:9 aspect at all times. Not knowing what engine Warframe runs under, or how to edit it's default config values, I'm unable to do this.

This might just be a beta bug, and certainly not one that's game-threatening, but it is irritating having to reapply that setting every time I log in. A solution would be much appreciated.

Edited by 11.11.11

Borderless fullscreen eh? I might give that a shot, though I suspect I'll loose a couple of frames preformance wise. Might be eaiser just to keep resetting my aspect ratio setting. Again, this isn't game breaking - just a little something I hope will be fixed by release.

And yes, 11's are a bit of a favourite number of mine..was born at 11 o'clock, on the 11th day of the 11th month. That's where the title comes from :P

I have found almost no performance drop with borderless fullscreen, actually pretty impressive.

Serious? 11:00?!

Haha, that reminds me of one of the enemies in Armored Core 2. He was 11th place in the arena, but he could have easily been 1st place. But, 11th place had twice as many 1's, so he would intentionally lose to stay there.

Too bad you weren't born in the year 2000. Then you would be 11 years old at 11 o' clock on the 11th day of the 11th month of the 11th year of the 21st century..... as a matter of fact, it's too bad you weren't born in the year 1000. Hah!

• 2 weeks later...

This is starting to annoy me as well, I use a 19" monitor with 4:3 5:4 aspect ratio and 1280x1024 resolution {not widescreen}. Most of the time I can't see Pluto. This is what I get:

Fullscreen:

J4tLudt.jpg

Windowed:

tQk8qp0.jpg

PS: Submitted a ticket as well.

Edited by CapricaSix

This is starting to annoy me as well, I use a 19" monitor with 4:3 aspect ratio and 1280x1024 resolution {not widescreen}. Most of the time I can't see Pluto.

PS: Submitted a ticket as well.

I'm in the same situation as you. Aside from fixing the aspect ratio resetting, we need a 5:4 setting for us 1280x1024 guys.

• 2 weeks later...

Just a quick update.

Did submit a support ticket - the issue is still occuring for me. Gets quite annoying, as sometimes I can't even reach the logout button. Even though I can see it right there my mouse hits an invisible border and I can't click it. Quitting from the task manager is my only option.

I'm sure this is something that will be resolved before release though.

Edited by 11.11.11

• 5 months later...

Dammit DE. This still isn't fixed. 

Please stop making the aspect ratio revert to Auto. 

I don't know why, but Auto =/= 16:9 on my 1920:1080 display. I'm loathe to set it to borderless, because U9 robbed me of enough frames as it is.

Just.

Stop. 

The option.

Resetting. 

Hardly that much to ask. 

Interesting clarification. I just ran in Dx9 mode to see if I can get any extra frames despite U9's nonsense.

And guess what....aspect ratio dosn't reset in Dx9 mode. But it continues to do so in Dx11.

<_<

Please don't tell me the reason DE hasn't fixed this bug yet is because they're running their test builds in Dx9. 

• 1 month later...