Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Error_Internet_Name_Not_Resolved

-TsM-TheUltimateGamer

Don't worry, man. I keep getting the same error, you're not alone. I was on earlier and decided I wanted to log on again and got it. So now I'm stuck and can't do anything until it decides to let me again. =/ Also, if you want someone to play with go ahead and hit me up. :D.. When you can get on that is. A fix would be great though. :u..

Edited by Unfix

Yup, same thing is happening to me. Maybe DE's servers are getting DDOSed again. :/

Unlikely, as the Error message implies resolution of an URI failed.

A DDoS on DEs servers would not disturb DNS lookup though. In case of DDoS you would rather get a timeout or service unavailable or something like that.

assuming windows 7:

start -> control panel (set to small icons)

network and sharing center

center right box, click on the connections. (usually local area connection if wired)

this will bring up the status for the connection.

showing ipv4 connectivity, ipv6 connectivity, etc.

on the bottom, click on properties.

this should show a list headed by:

"This connection uses the following items:"

click on: 

Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4)

the click properties again.

the lower section shows the current DNS information.

usually it's set to "Obtain DNS server address automatically"

change it to "Use the following DNS server addresses"

and input the DNS servers of your choice.

I like level3's for primary and google's for alternate.

but it's entirely up to you which you choose.

Hello, if you are running windows 7, try the following: If you are running warframe from steam, go to steamapps -> Common -> Warframe -> Tools folder and start launcher with admin mode by right clicking launcher and click run as administrator. If you are not using steam, go to your installation folder/Tools and do the same thing.

i dont get the error if i try to use the launcher shortcut that one say my game is up to date but then it tells me it cant log me in. while if i use the laucher under steam it get the error_internet_name_not_resolved

most likely this is something that DE has to fix since both the forums and their main page fails to render properly in all major browsers since today

what this means is that the DNS server you're using isn't resolving the ip addresses related to warframe.

most likely this is a result of DE changing their resolving ip addresses and your DNS server hasn't updated to the new settings yet.

this is why i advocated (above) that you alter your DNS servers to more quickly account for changes.

level 3 (4.2.2.1) is very quick about updating. as is google (8.8.4.4)

edit:

this can also be relating to a local cache of DNS entries that haven't been udpated. 

you can resolve that by going to command line and typing

ipconfig /flushdns

this forces your system to update from the server on the next attempt to resolve that DNS entry.

Edited by xethier

• 2 weeks later...