Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Stop Saying Event Easy

kingston229

Almost everything DE adds into the game now suffers at the hands of veterans who now completely ignore the vast divide between themselves and new players. I've seen vets complain about free formas, free potatoes, free anything that's actually massively useful for low levellers and complaining that new gameplay which is specifically designed to be accessible to ALL players is *gasp* trying to go for a middle ground in terms of difficulty.

Having said that it's somewhat understandable that veteran players would be frustrated that they've been left waiting so long for viable lategame activities, but it would be nice if more of them would take new players into consideration before ranting that the content specifically designed for everyone isn't catering to their whims.

It was fun. Some of the runs were easy, but a couple of times we walked straight into a room crawling with hyenas and before we had time to realize that they were on the ceiling too, well we were basically all burnt to a crisp.

I liked the conclave limit, i think i could have done it with 300 conclave solo.

the only thing bad about this event is having to do around 20 exact same missions again and again !

De please put some diversity in your missions, please for god's sake.

Agreed, I got bored as f*** doing the mission since I had to do it solo and it took me about 3-4 hours to do.

I bet the majority of you that are saying its easy didn't do the whole thing solo... Or you have forma'd gear.

Yes, I did the first 100 points solo....

But then it got boring and I wanted to finish it asap, so I joined randoms.

My 5 times forma'd Amprex says the event is easy.

I could have done all 200 points solo.

Because it's easy.

Yes, I did the first 100 points solo....

But then it got boring and I wanted to finish it asap, so I joined randoms.

My 5 times forma'd Amprex says the event is easy.

I could have done all 200 points solo.

Because it's easy.

No, its because you're running 5 forma'd weapons and you expect the game to be hard. Its basically the equivalent of running with end game gear in World of Warcraft and complaining that the raids are too easy. If you want more of a challenge use non forma'd weapons or better yet, use unranked weapons, whatever makes the mission more challenging for YOU. Don't go complaining about how easy the mission is when you're running with upgraded weaponry and then have DE buff it so it makes it even more of a pain in the arse for the rest of us who aren't so far into the game...

Almost everything DE adds into the game now suffers at the hands of veterans who now completely ignore the vast divide between themselves and new players. I've seen vets complain about free formas, free potatoes, free anything that's actually massively useful for low levellers and complaining that new gameplay which is specifically designed to be accessible to ALL players is *gasp* trying to go for a middle ground in terms of difficulty.

Having said that it's somewhat understandable that veteran players would be frustrated that they've been left waiting so long for viable lategame activities, but it would be nice if more of them would take new players into consideration before ranting that the content specifically designed for everyone isn't catering to their whims.

I agree with you here(and I'm considered a vet, sitting at mastery 10 with about 10 or so prime weapons and a couple of prime frames). On the other hand, though the alert itself was sort of easy(actually had just built my Dragon nikana and used that the whole time) I actually had a lot of fun running the missions seeing as it sort of forced me to pick one weapon, due to my play style (taking off mods? ain't nobody got time fo dat), and I chose to go melee only. And that is something I've been wanting to do since the release of melee 2.0, sadly it isn't viable in the "endgame" missions and content.(survivals and most void stuff, especially higher tier void) So these new alerts, whilst somewhat lacking in true challenge, like the breeding grounds event, are a welcome change to the hum-trum day to day play style I use in warframe. I'm looking forward to upcoming tactical alerts.

No, its because you're running 5 forma'd weapons and you expect the game to be hard. Its basically the equivalent of running with end game gear in World of Warcraft and complaining that the raids are too easy. If you want more of a challenge use non forma'd weapons or better yet, use unranked weapons, whatever makes the mission more challenging for YOU. Don't go complaining about how easy the mission is when you're running with upgraded weaponry and then have DE buff it so it makes it even more of a pain in the arse for the rest of us who aren't so far into the game...

I think it's best to take this group of people with a grain of salt (or two). But seeing as I've only ever put 5 forma into one frame and never a weapon, I guess I can't say much for either side in this disscussion. Personally if I had the forma on had at the time the alert began, I would have taken some of my best gear and forma'd it to dumb down the conclave rating and make it stronger at the same time.

I agree with you here(and I'm considered a vet, sitting at mastery 10 with about 10 or so prime weapons and a couple of prime frames). On the other hand, though the alert itself was sort of easy(actually had just built my Dragon nikana and used that the whole time) I actually had a lot of fun running the missions seeing as it sort of forced me to pick one weapon, due to my play style (taking off mods? ain't nobody got time fo dat), and I chose to go melee only. And that is something I've been wanting to do since the release of melee 2.0, sadly it isn't viable in the "endgame" missions and content.(survivals and most void stuff, especially higher tier void) So these new alerts, whilst somewhat lacking in true challenge, like the breeding grounds event, are a welcome change to the hum-trum day to day play style I use in warframe. I'm looking forward to upcoming tactical alerts.

I think it's best to take this group of people with a grain of salt (or two). But seeing as I've only ever put 5 forma into one frame and never a weapon, I guess I can't say much for either side in this disscussion. Personally if I had the forma on had at the time the alert began, I would have taken some of my best gear and forma'd it to dumb down the conclave rating and make it stronger at the same time.

I just hate how a lot of the veterans feel as if they are entitled to more hardcore content and not considering how it impacts the people who haven't invested as much time into the game. I've put almost 150 hours into Warframe so far and the alert mission was still a challenge for me. DE has no need to make things easier, if veteran players want it harder they should put a handicap on themselves. 

For those who want a more hardcore challenge, perhaps DE should ship tactical alerts with a nightmare version. Since it has two stages give the nightmare stage one a 250 and stage two a 50. That way the l33tards can get their challenge and brag about being so much better than everyone else and those who couldn't care less about difficulty can do it the normal way. Everyone wins!

For those who want a more hardcore challenge, perhaps DE should ship tactical alerts with a nightmare version. Since it has two stages give the nightmare stage one a 250 and stage two a 50. That way the l33tards can get their challenge and brag about being so much better than everyone else and those who couldn't care less about difficulty can do it the normal way. Everyone wins!

Brilliant solution. Best one I've heard throughout the forum.

I just hate how a lot of the veterans feel as if they are entitled to more hardcore content and not considering how it impacts the people who haven't invested as much time into the game. I've put almost 150 hours into Warframe so far and the alert mission was still a challenge for me. DE has no need to make things easier, if veteran players want it harder they should put a handicap on themselves. 

Under NO circumstance should you have to gimp yourself in order to get a challenge. Whoever keeps spouting out nonsense that you need 5+ forma for end game needs to stop. If you want to get more out of your weapon sure. Even 2 forma to get to endgame? No.

Vets have been here for awhile and aside from Dark Sectors, they have nothing to satisfy them. Just log-in whenever there is Tenno reinforcements, craft it, log off. Log-in next day to claim and rank it to 30 the next day. Done.

Many probably figured after U14 addressed new players, DE would address the vets with something. All we know so far is that we'll be getting Archwing. It looks cool but is this end game content? No, and I would be surprised if it was. I'd be surprised because for some reason DE feels the need to make sure everything is accessible as soon as the game starts. I'm sure there's more to U15 than archwing but I can't say for sure. Where is Focus?

Under NO circumstance should you have to gimp yourself in order to get a challenge. Whoever keeps spouting out nonsense that you need 5+ forma for end game needs to stop. If you want to get more out of your weapon sure. Even 2 forma to get to endgame? No.

Vets have been here for awhile and aside from Dark Sectors, they have nothing to satisfy them. Just log-in whenever there is Tenno reinforcements, craft it, log off. Log-in next day to claim and rank it to 30 the next day. Done.

Many probably figured after U14 addressed new players, DE would address the vets with something. All we know so far is that we'll be getting Archwing. It looks cool but is this end game content? No, and I would be surprised if it was. I'd be surprised because for some reason DE feels the need to make sure everything is accessible as soon as the game starts. I'm sure there's more to U15 than archwing but I can't say for sure. Where is Focus?

Why shouldn't you have to gimp yourself? It makes things harder if you put a handicap on yourself, isn't that what veterans want, more challenging content...? I don't understand why it is that veterans need to feel that DE has to put the handicap on them, if you didn't notice the harder missions remove your shield or drain your health or halve shields and health. This is something the player themselves can do. If they feel as if there's a lack of content they can collect every weapon in the game like I'm currently doing, there's no need for them to complain on the DE forums and make it harder for people who haven't invested as much time. I think the problem here lies with DE pampering veterans and holding their hand through everything. If I wanted a harder challenge I'd use weapons without mods or warframe without mods, there we go.

Edited by Slamyourjam

is everyone even following the rules and bringing low level gear instead of maxed rank 30?

cause when i bring low level stuff, and get into a low level party, it's actually kind of challenging 

I get peeved when a level 30 joins the team and just runs through.... :|

it's a low level mission OFC you're going to have to "gimp" yourself...