Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Alert Displaying And Filtering Program

Okiesmokie

PLEASE read the thread before you post an issue.  I have addressed things like the Vauban alternate helmet not being in the filters, and twitter login issues about 50 times in this thread, and am really getting tired of repeating myself.  By asking the same question that 50 other people have, you are bloating the thread and preventing me from seeing actual issues people are having.  There is a search button at the top right of the thread that you can use to search for issues you're having.  I am no longer going to answer questions that people post and refuse to search the thread first, and I encourage everyone else in this thread to do the same.

If you have an issue you NEED to post your configuration file located in %LocalAppData%/Okiesmokie_Productions/<warframe alerts folder>/<version>/user.config (with username/password/twittertoken/twittertokensecret edited out) or at the very least a screenshot of your filters. Aswell as the output from the Debug Window.

Due to popular demand, I've decided to release the program that I created to display and filter alerts on your desktop.

PFzkPnS.png

Main window during an alert notification

iRJaLFn.png

Configuration Panel

Any feedback/suggestions you have is much appreciated.

Current Version: 1.6.1.2

Changelog:

1.2.0 Changes:* Ability to filter based on Artifact/Blueprint* Added the option to launch on windows startup. 1.3.0 Changes:* Added Saryn's Helmet* Fixed a bug with launching with windows* Fixed helmet names to not include the full names* Fixed a nasty bug that was basically making filters useless. 1.4.0.0 Changes:* Now has support for automatic downloading of newer versions* Now has the ability to import older configuration files if they are still valid* The Minimize button now minimizes to task bar, and the Close button now minimizes to the system tray* Fixed "Banshee Helmet" not being listed in the blueprints section* I'm now hosting the files on my own webserver, mediafire is way too glitchy. 1.4.1.0 Changes:* Added a debug window, accessible from the Debug Menu. Please paste the contents of this when  reporting bugs with alert reporting.* Added Paris to the list of filtered blueprints.* Added an auto-login check box on the login form. 1.4.2.x Changes:* Added the ability to clear the alert list. (File -> Clear List)* Added the ability to remove individual alerts from the list. (Right click on an alert in the list -> Remove Item)* Added the ability to view an items wiki page, if it exists. (Right click on an alert in the list -> View on Wiki)* Hovering over an item in the list now displays the time in which the alert was received.* Additional error checking when importing configurations, to alert the user that it is pointless to  attempt to import a config file that is already being used.* Fixed a bug in 1.4.2.1 that was causing the program to crash upon receiving credit-only rewards* Changed the import dialog to display the parent folder as opposed to the version folder to prevent  confusion causing people to import the settings from the current version.* Added a new icon, thanks to BlinkLagger for supplying it.* Added code to reconnect to twitter if the connection was interrupted for whatever reason 1.4.3.0 Changes:* Added Glaive to the filter list* Added an "Other" option that allows you to manually type in what reward you want to filter for 1.4.3.1 Changes:* Re-wrote the tweet parsing method 1.4.4.0 Changes:* Now has the ability to display alerts that were posted before you ran the program, but are still  currently active. Huge thanks to Arsonide for this contribution. 1.4.4.1 Changes:* Fixed a bug where the "Other" field wouldn't function if you had no other "?" Reward specified. 1.4.5.0 Changes:* Introduced a priority system for filters. The alerts will use the sound file from the highest  priority item that matches its requirements.* Added a "Clear Expired" menu item to the file menu. 1.4.5.1 Changes:* Fixed a bug where the incorrect sound was being played when you had multiple filters.* Added Manticore and Dual Daggers (Which are actually Dagger Axe, but they mis-reported them on  twitter twice) to the filter list.* Began including this changelog file with releases. 1.5.0.0 Changes:* Configuration files automatically convert to the newest version. (Thanks to Sire404 for the method)* Made the "Other" setting more user-friendly.  Also removed the case-sensatitivy from it.* Added Vauban Chassis, Vauban Helmet, Vauban Systems, Forma and Void Key to the item list.  Please post in the thread if you are aware of any more things that need to be added.* Added an option to loop the sound until the window is active, or you click the tooltip that pops up.  ** Note: Clicking the 'X' on the tooltip will not stop the sound.  You must click the actual tooltip           or make the window active.  This is due to a limitation in the Windows API where you cannot           distinguish between the tooltip timing out, or the person clicking the 'X'* Possibly fixed some of the null-reference errors people have been getting.  Not 100% sure, as I   haven't been getting them myself.
1.6.0.0 Changes:* Adapted the program to conform to Twitter's OAuth Authentication due to the dropping of their  1.0 API and Web Credentials.  Logging in now requires you to enter a PIN number provided by the twitter website when you click  the "Get PIN" button.
1.6.1.0 Changes:* Updated the RSS feed for the "existing alerts" functionality to use the RSS provided by DE  (http://content.playwarframe.com/alerts.xml)
1.6.1.1 Changes:* Added a 10ms sleep to the twitter loop so that people don't complain about false CPU Usage.* Main window location and size is now saved in between sessions.
1.6.1.2 Changes:* Fixed a bug where it would save the window position when you minimized the window.  If you  exited the application with the window minimized, it would appear at a negative position  when you re-opened it.

Download Link: http://wfa.okiesmokie.ca/WarframeAlerts_v1.6.1.2.zip

Edited by Okiesmokie

I saw that, but it is a real pain in the &amp;#&#33; to filter based on certain rewards

No need to filter for me. I just tell it to show the most recent 5 alerts. Also I am interested in anything above 1800 creds and not just "?" alerts. Creds are too important in this post UP7 WF world.

Edited by RawGritz

No need to filter for me. I just tell it to show the most recent 5 alerts. Also I am interested in anything above 1800 creds and not just "?" alerts. Creds are too important in this post UP7 WF world.

That's what I mean.  With my program, I'm able to filter specific ? rewards, and also credit rewards that meet a certain amount.  (Can filter based on location too)  It's very hard to do that with simple RSS viewers, I'm pretty sure.

I made this mainly just for myself, so I wouldn't miss artifact rewards, but I would be willing to spice it up and add some configuration options for filtering which rewards and such, if there is interest in it.

Here's a screenshot of what it looks like right now when an alert is posted (minus the typo in received):

KZgm4jK.png

It minimizes to the system tray so that it's not in the way, but you can bring up the countdown clock if you click on it.  It plays a sound and shows the balloon tip whenever an alert is posted on twitter that meets the filtered requirements.

All that said... I would definitely like to use your app. I want something audible and something made for this. Not just RSS.

Let us know if you can provide it to the community. I will definitely help test.

Yeah i would like it too. 

Maybe, i don't know if possible, you can make some clickboxes to select certain rewards (like a filter)

example:

[x]sniper scavenger

[x]orocin catalyst

[ ]pistol scavenger

so it will show you only the chosen ones. And for credits (cause i read many guys would love it something where you can choose the amount of credits with an insert-field. Ok acutally it could be a little bit tricky here.

[x] I_______I credits and above

But thanks for your hard work till now and i would love to use your app too ;)

I wrote an application today that takes the WarframeAlerts twitter feed and sends an email when a new alert is posted.  It's still in testing and I'll have a webpage up for those who want to use it.  In the mean time, anyone who wants to be alerted via email is welcome to send me a PM with their email address and I will add ya.

Maybe, i don't know if possible, you can make some clickboxes to select certain rewards (like a filter)

example:

[x]sniper scavenger

[x]orocin catalyst

[ ]pistol scavenger

so it will show you only the chosen ones. And for credits (cause i read many guys would love it something where you can choose the amount of credits with an insert-field. Ok acutally it could be a little bit tricky here.

Yes and this. And maybe we can all finally grab the elusive and wily Dark Sword BP. They fixed the alert not giving the BP, in today's patch!!

I wrote an application today that takes the WarframeAlerts twitter feed and sends an email when a new alert is posted.  It's still in testing and I'll have a webpage up for those who want to use it.  In the mean time, anyone who wants to be alerted via email is welcome to send me a PM with their email address and I will add ya.

You do know that the forum can already do that for you?

I made this mainly just for myself, so I wouldn't miss artifact rewards, but I would be willing to spice it up and add some configuration options for filtering which rewards and such, if there is interest in it.

Here's a screenshot of what it looks like right now when an alert is posted (minus the typo in received):

KZgm4jK.png

It minimizes to the system tray so that it's not in the way, but you can bring up the countdown clock if you click on it.  It plays a sound and shows the balloon tip whenever an alert is posted on twitter that meets the filtered requirements.

if you are willing to send the source over to me I can make it pretty! after I reinstall visual studio (had to reinstall windows)

This application looks quite useful, better than email alerts if you only need desktop.

I wrote an application today that takes the WarframeAlerts twitter feed and sends an email when a new alert is posted. It's still in testing and I'll have a webpage up for those who want to use it. In the mean time, anyone who wants to be alerted via email is welcome to send me a PM with their email address and I will add ya.

I already have email notifications running at https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/28267-warframe-notifier-email-notifications-for-alerts/

No fancy features though, just relays ? Alerts.

Edited by arune

This application looks quite useful, better than email alerts if you only need desktop.

I already have email notifications running at https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/28267-warframe-notifier-email-notifications-for-alerts/

No fancy features though, just relays ? Alerts.

Mine isn't fancy either. Just scrapes twitter and logs the Alert in a SQL database for the email to parse through. I was bored on my lunch at work today :)

Edited by Tegajinn

if you are willing to send the source over to me I can make it pretty! after I reinstall visual studio (had to reinstall windows)

Yeah I would more than likely release it as open source.

example:

[x]sniper scavenger

[x]orocin catalyst

[ ]pistol scavenger

Yeah that's the kind of thing I was planning on doing.  Does anyone know a website with a list of every possible reward from alerts?

Edited by Okiesmokie

Is it possible for you to upload it and give the link here? I don't need a polished version or whatever. Just that would be good.

http://www.4shared.com/zip/YSbCldh-/WarframeAlerts.html

There is no customization right now, filters are all hard-coded, so I disabled them and in this release it's filtering for only "?" reward alerts.

Edit: Note, you do still need a twitter account, you don't need to be following the Warframe account though, it's just used to log into the twitter API.

Edited by Okiesmokie

http://www.4shared.com/zip/YSbCldh-/WarframeAlerts.html

There is no customization right now, filters are all hard-coded, so I disabled them and in this release it's filtering for only "?" reward alerts.

Edit: Note, you do still need a twitter account, you don't need to be following the Warframe account though, it's just used to log into the twitter API.

Would you be able to upload that on Mediafire or something? I'm interested in the program but I don't want to make an account for a website I'll never look at again.

Ok. Downloaded. Now what do I do with it. It's not an .exe.

Nvm. I got it working. All 0000 right now. I suppose it doesn't pull whatever current Alert is active. It will kick in when an alert goes live after I ran the app?? 

Edited by RawGritz