Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Alert Displaying And Filtering Program

Okiesmokie

Hmm since I downloaded the newest version there seems to be a few minor hiccups with the configs, also I noticed both the Banshee alternate helmet and the Paris are missing from the list. 

The hiccups as I call it is I have two settings, one for the BP´s and one for cash, the cash one is set to 2500+ but it´s showing me all alerts. On top of that I get alerts about artifacts which I have completely turned off and the special sound I Have for the BP´s dosn´t seem to play. I´ll play around with it some more but I guess it´s because I have two very different settings? I´ll keep looking into this myself just wanted to mention it, having the program running 24/7 to test stuff ^^ 

I love the program ^^ and I´m so happy to see it grow. 
Thanks for making and sharing it Okie

The problem with using the RSS is that it throttles connections.  If I wanted the alerts to be shown instantly when they appear, I would have to query the RSS feed every ~10 seconds, which is more than twitter allows you to do.  Not to mention that every 10 seconds you'd be receiving the entire RSS feed, which is quite a bit of bandwidth to take up needlessly.  The twitter streaming API allows you to just maintain a connection to the server, and get notified when a new tweet is posted.  It takes up much less bandwidth, and doesn't hammer the twitter servers.  It's not that hard to make an account, even if you don't plan on using twitter at all.

Also, both of these bugs are fixed now, thanks for reporting them.

I thought about bandwidth usage when i made the rss suggestion ... but supposed i should tell, in case you didnt know :p

Thanks for answering ;)

(and thanks for the update)

Mine isnt working properly.

I have set everything to off except for all the blueprint rewards yet it keeps alerting even on credit only rewards

Yep, same here. Filtering for a certain credit treshold doesn't help either, it just shows every reward.

Hmm since I downloaded the newest version there seems to be a few minor hiccups with the configs, also I noticed both the Banshee alternate helmet and the Paris are missing from the list. 

The hiccups as I call it is I have two settings, one for the BP´s and one for cash, the cash one is set to 2500+ but it´s showing me all alerts. On top of that I get alerts about artifacts which I have completely turned off and the special sound I Have for the BP´s dosn´t seem to play. I´ll play around with it some more but I guess it´s because I have two very different settings? I´ll keep looking into this myself just wanted to mention it, having the program running 24/7 to test stuff ^^ 

I love the program ^^ and I´m so happy to see it grow. 

Thanks for making and sharing it Okie

the paris bp isnt dropped in an alert that was just a mix up on DE side. the alert said Dagger Axe (Blueprint) (which is in the list) but the alert dropped paris instead. also on the wiki it doesn't say that it drops from alerts.

after further reading it does drop from alerts but that one instance was a mix up on DE side.

i am also having problems with it alerting me for all credits even though i have set it to > 3000

another suggestion add zeros to the time. xx:xx:xx 01:01:01 makes it easier to read

Edited by Nemesis353

just a question, why does the app need a twitter account, that not a necessity. I know it because i made one who work fine without it.

mine use the rss feed and do not need to be connected to a twitter account.

look at post 122 and 127 and that will anwser your question

Would you mind posting the list of string matches for the item filter? I'm going to be making a similar functionality to my email notifier, so it would be very helpful :)

The string matches are just the text for the checkboxes.  I didn't make an array for it or anything, I just cycle through the controls and compare the text of each one.  The entirety of the things that are in the "Filter" tab is one big user control.  If you want a list of all of the items, check everything off, click save, and open the file C:\Users\<username\AppData\Local\Okiesmokie_Productions\<warframe folder>\<version>\user.config and copy the text in <OtherRewardsFilter></OtherRewardsFilter>

For the people who are having problems with every alert displaying regardless of credits, and things displaying that they don't have checked:  Do you have the "All ? Rewards" check box checked?  That overrides all the selections below.

Also, credits are only checked on rewards that do not have a ? reward.  ie: If you have credits set to > 2000, and an alert with a Plasma Sword (Blueprint) appears that only gives 1000 credits, it will still show that reward.

If you're getting incorrect results, can you please post the contents of the file that I mentioned above?  (Make sure you remove your username and password from it before posting it)

Edited by Okiesmokie

The string matches are just the text for the checkboxes.  I didn't make an array for it or anything, I just cycle through the controls and compare the text of each one.  The entirety of the things that are in the "Filter" tab is one big user control.  If you want a list of all of the items, check everything off, click save, and open the file C:\Users\<username\AppData\Local\Okiesmokie_Productions\<warframe folder>\<version>\user.config and copy the text in <OtherRewardsFilter></OtherRewardsFilter>

Ok, thanks for the info, I will do that. Even if its not structured, it'll help me get started with my filter DB.

this program is super amazing! :D thank you very much for the effort!

two suggestions:

- add an auto-login

- have an option that minimizes the program to the taskbar when you close it (as in click on 'x' to close)

Do people actually want it to be visible on the taskbar?  I can change the functionality of the minimize button to minimize it to the task bar, and the close button to minimize it to the system tray if that's what people want.

x08WPzq.jpg

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?><configuration>    <configSections>        <sectionGroup name="userSettings" type="System.Configuration.UserSettingsGroup, System, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089" >            <section name="WarframeAlerts.Properties.Settings" type="System.Configuration.ClientSettingsSection, System, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089" allowExeDefinition="MachineToLocalUser" requirePermission="false" />        </sectionGroup>    </configSections>    <userSettings>        <WarframeAlerts.Properties.Settings>            <setting name="Password" serializeAs="String">                <value>password</value>            </setting>            <setting name="Username" serializeAs="String">                <value>name</value>            </setting>            <setting name="RememberUser" serializeAs="String">                <value>True</value>            </setting>            <setting name="FirstTimeRun" serializeAs="String">                <value>False</value>            </setting>            <setting name="LogAlertsCheck" serializeAs="String">                <value>False</value>            </setting>            <setting name="Filters" serializeAs="Xml">                <value>                    <ArrayOfFilter xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"                        xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema">                        <Filter>                            <Name />                            <AlertSound>notify.wav</AlertSound>                            <CreditAmountCheck>true</CreditAmountCheck>                            <CreditAmountCompare>2</CreditAmountCompare>                            <CreditAmountValue>2999</CreditAmountValue>                            <OtherRewardsCheck>false</OtherRewardsCheck>                            <OtherRewardsFilter>Hemlock Saryn Helmet;Storm Volt Helmet;Aura Trinity Helmet;Thrak Rhino Helmet;Scorpion Ash Helmet;Coil Mag Helmet;Essence Loki Helmet;Menticide Nyx Helmet;Aurora Frost Helmet;Avalon Excalibur Helmet;Phoenix Ember Helmet;Dagger Axe;Brokk Hammer;Plasma Sword;Pangolin;Jaw;Heat Sword;Heat Dagger;Dark Dagger;Ceramic Dagger;Orokin Catalyst;Orokin Reactor;Dark Sword;</OtherRewardsFilter>                        </Filter>                    </ArrayOfFilter>                </value>            </setting>            <setting name="LaunchWithWindows" serializeAs="String">                <value>True</value>            </setting>            <setting name="LogAlertsFilename" serializeAs="String">                <value />            </setting>        </WarframeAlerts.Properties.Settings>    </userSettings></configuration>

Didn't show what I wrote for some reason. Abridged version: it's like the filter doesn't get applied at all, every alert goes through.

I'm fine with minimize to tray by the way, no reason for me to have it sit in the taskbar. But if people want that, minimize to taskbar, close to tray would be the best option I think.

Edited by Psyked

I found the cause of the error, damn trailing semicolons.  I was listing the items like "a;b;c;" as you can see in the screenshot.  The trailing semicolon was causing the array to look like { "a", "b", "c", "" }, so it was checking if the rewards contained "", which will always return true.

Thanks a lot for your information and helping to find this bug.

I've also added the version number to the Title Bar of the main window.

Next version I will probably add support for tracking newer versions, aswell as some of the convenience changes people requested.

New link: http://www.mediafire.com/?cr4vopcuutcyb2s

I'll also add configuration-file migration support for the next version I think.  I realise it's a pain in the &amp;#&#33; to have to remake your filters every time I release a new version, but I've been changing the configuration format pretty frequently, and I didn't want it to cause any bugs because of that.

I really don´t mind, since it takes like 1 minute max to put in your settings again :P I´ll keep on downloading new versions and using them as long as there´s changes being made ^^ back to running this program while playing warframe and slacking off ^^ 

Great program!

I have a feature request. 

Sometimes im afk and miss an alert, or in a game, and miss the alert sound. For this reason I would like if the program could repeat the alert in every minute or so, until I click it, or something... 

Btw I know I could change the wav to something longer, which could solve the not-hearing problem, and I could check the program for any new alerts when I come back from afk, but still, I'd really like an alert reapeater feature.

Do people actually want it to be visible on the taskbar?  I can change the functionality of the minimize button to minimize it to the task bar, and the close button to minimize it to the system tray if that's what people want.

oh whoops I actually meant system tray, not 'taskbar'.

I often use 'x' to minimize programs to the system tray and a lot of programs have that option.

Latest version inexplicably crashed for me on the first alert. Would've been a filtered one according to twitter.

e: and doesn't show the latest one at all, which I didn't filter. No crash though.

Edited by Psyked