Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Coming Oberon Changes

[DE]Rebecca

Tenno,

Please take a look at the coming changes to Oberon and his powers in the next major Warframe update (hopefully this week on PC!). It’s worth noting that all the listed details below are subject to change. Please feel free to discuss these within this thread.

Armor:
- Oberon’s base Armor increased to 150.

Smite:
- Projectiles that are spawned after impact seek-to-target, not just spawned in direction.
- Speed up projectiles by 50%.
- Forced Radiation proc on the initial target.
- Forced Knock-down on initial target instead of stumble.
- Forced Puncture proc on all enemies hit.

Hallowed Ground:
- Allies within Hallowed Ground can not be proc’ed.
- Hallowed Ground will remove all existing procs from Allies.
- Armour boosted by 5/10/15/20% per rank for all Allies with Hallowed Ground, with stacking being explored on multiple casts.

- FAQ Edit: Damage on enemies in the affected area will remain, the above items are in addition to the existing ability.

Renewal:
- Switch to toggle ability with smaller base cost and energy per second active drain. All Renewal benefits occur when projectile reaches target ally.
- Boost Heal amount 200/250/300/400 per rank.
- When target is fully healed, remove proc effects.
- Allies bleeding out are affected by Renewal in that bleedout will be slowed. 20/25/35/45% per rank as well as affected by duration mods.

Reckoning:
- Forced Radiation Proc added to damage on targets.
- Small radial blind added to slam impact, but only for enemies that survive the damage of the cast. This radial blind will be applied to enemies that move into range after it’s been cast and are blinded by the impact of those being slammed by Reckoning!

Thank you for reading!

Idk how I feel about the blinding aspects of Reckoning. Sure, it's great for Oberon, but as a player that uses Excalibur frequently...it makes me feel some type of way. lol 

However, I'm aware that it's nowhere near as effective as Excal's Radial Blind. 

With maxed range & Reckoning's ability to not only blind those that don't die from the initial attack but also effect those that come into range, couldn't that possibly make Excalibur's only use obsolete? Of course the reliability of the blind will need to be tested, but on paper it seems Excal is being put out of business. 

Edited by Rexlars

I like these changes, but they feel to drastic.

I feel the only changes Oberon needs are:

-His health moved from 125 to 150 (you got that :D )

- His armor moved from 65 to about 200 (keep in mind he is a paladin and the fact that he has those large shoulder armor plates and that he is the tallest warframe makes him appear more like a paladin too)

-His speed reduce from 1.0 to 0.9 (paladins arn't very fast, they're quiet slow actually)

-His hallowed ground ability should be in a circle shape rather than a rectangle and should stay underneath his feet, the circle should be 5/6.25/7.5/8.75 meters in radius and should take 0.7 energy per second to use meaning Oberon can have the power running as long as he has power, it's damage should be taken for from 25/50/75/100 down to 12 (12.5 rounded) /25/37/50, but it slows down enemies and buffs allies standing in the radius with 6/12/16/24% buff to damage and armor this should also be moved up to his 3rd ability while renewal is moved to his 2nd ability.

Please Digital Extreme. Oberon needs this.?.

Let me know is made any errors hear and please be nice about.