Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Coming Oberon Changes

[DE]Rebecca

I don't understand why he would have a radiation proc when especially his Reckoning should obviously be an impact proc. as well his renewal should be an H.O.T. and why would hollowed ground remove proc's form ally's. you would think it would buff them if anything.

Oberon was last spotted leaving the gym after 'lifting' with anonymous DE Staff members, but got discouraged compared to his nameless gym buddy. He's still committed to legs, though.

Then another change is needed. Everytime Oberon jumps, all enemies need to stumble from the sheer might of those hooves. Then he's complete.

Reckoning:

- Forced Radiation Proc added to damage on targets.

- Small radial blind added to slam impact, but only for enemies that survive the damage of the cast. This radial blind will be applied to enemies that move into range after it’s been cast and are blinded by the impact of those being slammed by Reckoning!

So... I'm not sure what the point is of the radiation if they're blinded? Whenever I blind someone, they just kinda turn in place and scream nonsense.

I may have misread that so feel free to correct me.

I don't understand why he would have a radiation proc when especially his Reckoning should obviously be an impact proc. as well his renewal should be an H.O.T. and why would hollowed ground remove proc's form ally's. you would think it would buff them if anything.

Because his powers revolve around radiation, maybe? Renewal is HoT. And how is making allies immune to proc and increasing their armor not a buff?

Edited by Kestral9999

-snip-

My only objections are that Smite is still a caster ability, and that Radiation is still awful against undead Infested, but otherwise... congratulations, kids, our Paladin now has some actual mitigation befitting his name.

Big question though: Hallowed Ground's shape. If it now benefits allies (including himself), will it be summoned under his feet (in which case, still a rectangle?) or will he have to run onto the carpet himself?

Edited by Archwizard

His abilities still don't really seem "Paladin" like. Although some of the team buffs are a step in the right direction as well as the armor. 

I personally would like to see this kit switched over to a Warframe that looks like an actual paladin. Oberon should be changed to a druid. 

Wait, Oberon will have better armor than Excalibro, the supposed "melee" frame?

Excalibur hasn't been the melee frame for a while now... where have you been? Valkyr, Volt, Loki, and Ash are all better for melee than Excalibur. Not saying Excalibur can't be good with melee, just that he hasn't had the monopoly on (or even a strong claim to) that title for numerous updates.

Valkyr still has the top armor rating.

Well these changes sound nice!

But a question, about this:

Renewal:
- Switch to toggle ability with smaller base cost and energy per second active drain. All Renewal benefits occur when projectile reaches target ally.
- Boost Heal amount 200/250/300/400 per rank.
- When target is fully healed, remove proc effects.
- Allies bleeding out are affected by Renewal in that bleedout will be slowed. 20/25/35/45% per rank as well as affected by duration mods.

Ummm, this just sounds weird to me. It uses projectiles, and has a set amount of healing, yet it also is a toggle ability? How does that even work??

If it's becoming a toggle ability, wouldn't it be better to just make it into a simple healing aura (similar to, say, Dota 2's Witch Doctor and his Voodoo Restoration). And instead of having the proc effect removal (since that's already Hallowed Ground's niche now, and more reliable at that), why not have a "thorns" effect in this healing aura, so that enemies attacking your allies under this aura, are damaged by their own attacks?

Overall, seems pointless to make it a toggle ability when the orbs and set healing amounts are still kept in it + to give it anti-procs when Hallowed Ground already has that function...

I approve the changes.

Except renewal when already Healed to the max.

Why can't oberon overheal? that would be pretty useful  since we don't get proced that often. + if the target is already at max health it's unlikely that he'll have any procs to heal anyway!

So... I'm not sure what the point is of the radiation if they're blinded? Whenever I blind someone, they just kinda turn in place and scream nonsense.

I may have misread that so feel free to correct me.

generally, when targets are blinded, they fire (albeit slowly) in the general direction where they last saw or heard a threat

if they hear each other firing while radiation is going, they'll assume that they're threats and start blindly firing at each other

this will also affect pvp in the sense that anybody getting hit by it and firing blindly will hit anything they manage to fire at

Edited by weirdee